Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of reviews, is anyone going to the first party? I can’t wait to hear how it all plays out. I know the members here will have a great perspective. Hoping Fresh Baked is Magic Journeys will have a vlog about it too. I’m getting so excited!!

I'm doing 17th, 19th, 24th and 26th.

Yes, I am serious.

I'll try to get photos of the map and the most important info on here immediately on the 17th. I'll have access to a laptop this time, so I'll try to type up reports as fast as I can. Just wasn't possible on my phone.

I guess there’s my answer!! Can’t wait to hear all about it.

I'm doing 17th, 19th, 24th and 26th.

Yes, I am serious.

I'll try to get photos of the map and the most important info on here immediately on the 17th. I'll have access to a laptop this time, so I'll try to type up reports as fast as I can. Just wasn't possible on my phone.
I am also going to the first party. I will report back.
Mitchell who has posted on here is coming with me too. So the three of us may be playing "update tag". :D
Thanks so much, everyone! Really looking forward to all your updates, reports, photos, etc.!

Hot Topic has an Oogie Boogie Roll the Dice tee shirt right now. I picked it up for my father in law who doesn't do costumes - thought it was the perfect tee for the party. Wanted to share if anyone of you have family members who refuse to wear costumes.

Hot Topic has an Oogie Boogie Roll the Dice tee shirt right now. I picked it up for my father in law who doesn't do costumes - thought it was the perfect tee for the party. Wanted to share if anyone of you have family members who refuse to wear costumes.

Thanks! Will check it out!

Dinner reservations are available into early/mid October! Not everywhere, but the locations and times are filling in. Didn't see any WOC packages, though.

We will be going on Oct. 10th. This will be our 6th year in a row to go to a Halloween party, interested to see how it is being in DCA this year. The Halloween decorations in DCA were very cool last year so I think that will be neat again, and I think the new WOC sounds very cool. We've had a strategy that has worked well for several year, but now it's a whole new ball game. Looking forward to some of the early trip reports so I can do some planning. :-)

This probably isn't a popular opinion here, but I'm leaning towards getting the Knott's Halloween Haunt Season Pass rather than attend the Oogie Boogie Bash. It's less expensive, and I could go more than once, which would allow me to do all the mazes and any rides I wanted to go on. I already have a Disneyland Flex Pass, so having access to the rides there is not really relevant to me. It's kind of cool to be able to dress up for the Bash, and then there's the parade, World Of Color show and various characters, but I also know that Knott's goes all out for their Haunt, so I'm sure that will also be impressive.

This probably isn't a popular opinion here, but I'm leaning towards getting the Knott's Halloween Haunt Season Pass rather than attend the Oogie Boogie Bash. It's less expensive, and I could go more than once, which would allow me to do all the mazes and any rides I wanted to go on. I already have a Disneyland Flex Pass, so having access to the rides there is not really relevant to me. It's kind of cool to be able to dress up for the Bash, and then there's the parade, World Of Color show and various characters, but I also know that Knott's goes all out for their Haunt, so I'm sure that will also be impressive.
Do what you think will be most fun for you! I’ve never done Knotts for Halloween but I did Horror nights last year. It was a lot of fun, but I get scared very easily. I screamed so much that the next day I didn’t have a voice lol. So I’ll stick to the “cute spooky” stuff this year haha.

Yeah, I agree...do what you think you'd enjoy the most! Personally, I'm not into the scary/creepy/gory Halloween (I saw a bit of the Six Flag Discovery Kingdom's Fright Fest one time and knew it wasn't going to be something I enjoyed), but plenty of others seemed to be having a blast. While I don't know if DLR will keep the Halloween Parties in DCA next year (personally, I still hope it'll go back to DL), I think they'll continue to have parties for the foreseeable future!

While I don't know if DLR will keep the Halloween Parties in DCA next year (personally, I still hope it'll go back to DL), I think they'll continue to have parties for the foreseeable future!
I seriously doubt they'll ever stop doing the Halloween events. Most nights sell out, and it's a ton of extra revenue they would not get if the park, whichever one it was, stayed open to the public. I understand why people rather it be at DL, so hopefully they'll move back, but there's more incentive for them to hold it at CA Adventure. They can still keep DL open to all those who want to go there on those nights, and they can drive people to the less popular park.

7 party dates left!

For anyone trying to get tickets to a sold out Halloween Party:

1) Call the ticket line ASAP to see if there are any tickets available for the date you want. Maybe or maybe not -- but you won't know until you call.
2) If you are local, try asking at the ticket booths. Sometimes when a party sells out online, there are tickets still available at the booths, not many, but some. Again, worth a shot. But, be aware, some parties have been sold out for while now (see the first post on page one of this thread for the dates each party sold out online), so there may not be any tickets left for those dates.
3) Stay on site the day of your party. In the past, the on site hotels have reserved some (not a lot) of day of party tickets for their guests to be sold first thing in the morning (early!) first come, first served.
4) Choose a different date that is still available and move fast to buy your tickets.
5) Don't do DCA with the OBB, but do a day at DL which will still have all the Halloween Time decorations, special food items, HMH, and Halloween Screams fireworks.

Whatever you do, do not buy OBB tickets through a third party vendor. Disney does NOT authorize Halloween party ticket sales through third party vendors, so the risk of getting scammed and ripped off is real. We get reports every year of people being turned away from the gates with scam tickets. Don't be one of these people and don't support the scammers.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if we can expect all of the Halloween decorations and ride overlays to be in place by September 9? I know the website says the 6th, but we are Disneyland regulars who have never seen the Halloween decorations and the main purpose of our visit would be to see them, so I want to make sure they will all be in place. Thank you!

Does anyone know if we can expect all of the Halloween decorations and ride overlays to be in place by September 9? I know the website says the 6th, but we are Disneyland regulars who have never seen the Halloween decorations and the main purpose of our visit would be to see them, so I want to make sure they will all be in place. Thank you!
Yes, everything is up when Halloweentime begins on the 6th.

Occasionally a few food/merch items don’t get in stock until later, but as far as decorations and rides, they start when the season kicks off.

Since Sept. 6th is the official start date for Halloween Time in both parks, all Halloween decorations and ride overlays will be in place by then. The special food offerings and special merchandise may not all be out by that date, but some of it will be (a lot of merchandise is already for sale) and will continue to be released until Oct. 31st. Keep watching this thread to see what is released and when!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter