Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who enjoy wearing ears. I wore the new Oogie Boogie bash ears all day on Saturday and my head didn't hurt at all. I am very prone to headaches and migraines and often have to take my ears off throughout the day to give my head a rest. But those ones were fine!

Sidenote: I just realized that the next time I go to the park will be October 14...Columbus Day. :( Have friends coming into town so I will be visiting them on one of their park days. I remember last year that day was brutal when it came to crowds. Guess I will rope drop.

Im going to Disneyland for one day, my first time, during Halloween. I will not be going tomDCA, just Disneyland. I’m looking at either 10/23 or 10/24. The bash is on the 24th. Will his draw people AWAY from Disneyland, or to it? Or does it even out?

Also, I’m looking for restaraunts suggestions! Im going for my birthday, so I’m looking for one or two of the best table service restaraunts in the Park!

Thank you all!

Definitely do the 23rd then.

I saw elsewhere that last night's party was missing the Big Bad Wolf, Kim Possible, and Gamora.

I know it's nuts, but at this point I am less excited about all the rare characters at the party and more stressed/apprehensive about who will actually be there. It's a bummer that it isn't consistent.

I have two questions that I am sure have been answered but I can't find the posts:

1) If we go into Disneyland earlier in the day and have tickets to the Halloween party, do we have to go out and come back in?

2) Is there a printed schedule of the events somewhere online?

Thanks in advance!

I saw elsewhere that last night's party was missing the Big Bad Wolf, Kim Possible, and Gamora.

I know it's nuts, but at this point I am less excited about all the rare characters at the party and more stressed/apprehensive about who will actually be there. It's a bummer that it isn't consistent.
Unfortunately, a lot of the rare characters have a very limited number of people cleared to portray them, so if someone gets sick or misses their shift for whatever reason, there’s no one to fill in (also, they only trained one parade cast, so there are no fill-ins for parade performers outside of the float characters - if a shovel guy calls out, there’s just one less shovel guy).

I hope you get to see everyone you’re hoping for!

Unfortunately, a lot of the rare characters have a very limited number of people cleared to portray them, so if someone gets sick or misses their shift for whatever reason, there’s no one to fill in (also, they only trained one parade cast, so there are no fill-ins for parade performers outside of the float characters - if a shovel guy calls out, there’s just one less shovel guy).

I hope you get to see everyone you’re hoping for!

I get that. But they charge almost $150 for this ticket and one of the big reasons people go is for the characters. Maybe they could train and have on call a few extra subs with their billions?

This doesn't happen at the Disney World parties.* It just shouldn't be so hard to be consistent.

Thanks for the good wishes. I will try to take a deep breath.

*I totally get that WDW and DLR are different animals. I love both and visit both (although I love DLR more). But the parties are paid events and they should be more reliable than regular days at the parks - IMO.

Would there be any problems with me getting to the party late? I would assume not seeing as how I paid for it but you never know. I’m just hearing about how at the beginning of the OBB it is a lot more crowded then towards the end. I’ll be going solo and am really only interested in Villainous, the parade, the thing at the challenge trail and a few rides.

Im going to Disneyland for one day, my first time, during Halloween. I will not be going tomDCA, just Disneyland. I’m looking at either 10/23 or 10/24. The bash is on the 24th. Will his draw people AWAY from Disneyland, or to it? Or does it even out?

Also, I’m looking for restaraunts suggestions! Im going for my birthday, so I’m looking for one or two of the best table service restaraunts in the Park!

Thank you all!
People without parkhoppers will gravitate to DL on a party day since they don’t want to “waste” their all day ticket on DCA, where they will have to leave when the party starts. So I would go to DL on a non-party day for sure.

I have two questions that I am sure have been answered but I can't find the posts:

1) If we go into Disneyland earlier in the day and have tickets to the Halloween party, do we have to go out and come back in?

2) Is there a printed schedule of the events somewhere online?

Thanks in advance!
1)If you spend the day in DL, you will have to enter DCA with your OBB ticket, get your photo taken and attached to your party ticket and get your wristband -- all in DCA. DL doesn't have a place for you to check in for the party. After you activate your party ticket and get a wristband, you'll be able to go back and forth between parks because you'll have activated both your DL and OBB tickets.
2) Use the app. The party map has locations, but not times. The app has both.

Last edited:

Wow. That's the fourth party Kim was missing now.

I get that. But they charge almost $150 for this ticket and one of the big reasons people go is for the characters. Maybe they could train and have on call a few extra subs with their billions?

This doesn't happen at the Disney World parties.* It just shouldn't be so hard to be consistent.

Thanks for the good wishes. I will try to take a deep breath.

*I totally get that WDW and DLR are different animals. I love both and visit both (although I love DLR more). But the parties are paid events and they should be more reliable than regular days at the parks - IMO.
I also hope that you get to see everyone you want. Even if you miss some, the ones that are out are very fun and made my night. They should make yours too :)

I was at the party tonight (10/3), and it was kind of crowded when I entered the park at about 4:30 pm. Close to 6 pm, lots of people without wristbands were milling around until they literally hit lines of cast members and were told that it was time to start heading back to the entrance in order to leave. Treat trails were as other people have already reported - some cast members gave handfuls of stuff and other would give a single dinky package of Skittle or a teeny Twix bar. Very odd, since they appeared to have lots of give-away goods in the carts and caldrons. After about 8 pm, rides had reasonably short lines, especially during the parade and during Villainous. Treat trail lines generally got less and less crowded over the evening as well.

Have to say that the Halloween overlays were pretty fun, lots to look. Didn't shop for Halloween party goods, so no report there. As usual - lots of great people watching :).

We also went to the 10/3 party and I agree about the strange disparity regarding the people giving out the candy. I've never seen so many cast members giving out one piece of candy. For a 150 bucks they should have been giving it out by the fistful. Luckily a few of the cast members were giving it out by using both of their hands to scoop it in your bag. And that bag they gave out this year was the tiniest bag they have ever given out for any Halloween party. Disney has no shame whatsoever so diffenately bring your own bag.

And save yourself a lot of time and don't go to Villains Grove until the end of the party. We wasted about 20 minutes in line before the Grove opened waiting in the line to get in and walking through it with packed crowds. We later went again at the end of the party and it had way fewer people and no line to get in. But it is diffenately a must see. Villains Grove was amazing but we felt WOC was a bit of a let down. The Halloween parade was great as always.

Thank you all!
I'd recommend the Blue Bayou, I did it for the first time this past trip and loved it! Once you check into the restaurant, ask for a water front table, and you'll be able to see the pirates of the carribean boats go by

We also went to the 10/3 party and I agree about the strange disparity regarding the people giving out the candy. I've never seen so many cast members giving out one piece of candy. For a 150 bucks they should have been giving it out by the fistful. Luckily a few of the cast members were giving it out by using both of their hands to scoop it in your bag. And that bag they gave out this year was the tiniest bag they have ever given out for any Halloween party. Disney has no shame whatsoever so diffenately bring your own bag.

And save yourself a lot of time and don't go to Villains Grove until the end of the party. We wasted about 20 minutes in line before the Grove opened waiting in the line to get in and walking through it with packed crowds. We later went again at the end of the party and it had way fewer people and no line to get in. But it is diffenately a must see. Villains Grove was amazing but we felt WOC was a bit of a let down. The Halloween parade was great as always.
The candy thing was weird. I did the treat trail by Soarin and some of the stations they only gave out 1 or 2 pieces. The last station gave out handfuls. Maybe they are trying to make the candy last? I know this particular trail ran out of candy by 9 pm. Then when I did the stations after 10 pm, the CM's were little pouring candy into our bags. I have a feeling they were trying to get rid of the candy so they could wrap up lol

Merchandise update (10/5): OBB pins are available by GRR. They are in the case by the registers -- just ask to see any that aren't on display. No party ticket or wristband needed to purchase. Confirmed with CMs that the party spirit jersey is sold out.
New Coco Dante Jarrito available in DCA at Cocina Cucamonga and Paradise Garden Grill. Mobile Order available for both. AP discounts apply. Limit one per order. In DL, available at RDZ at the registers -- just ask.
Poison apple glow cubes in good supply at CC Lounge.

Last edited:
Regarding only giving out one or two pieces of candy - on the night I went, there was at least one station on all the trails that was out and waiting to be restocked. The CMs were telling people that they can go through the trails as many times as they wanted to. So, we went on a lot of the trails twice.

My guess is they aren't organized this year enough to get restocked in time and that's why there are only giving out one or two items.

Can you get the pumpkin spice beignets at downtown Disney? I usually get the Halloween season beignets at the Halloween parties each year, but this year the party is in DCA, I don’t think any place in DCA sells beignets, correct?

Also, I read on several blogs that “most of the rides stay open during the parties” but none of them mentioned which rides close, or at what times, anyone have any info on this? I know what parts closed early when the parties were at DL, but this is a whole new ballgame!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter