Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read the costume guidelines for the OBB and I am wondering if you think a plastic play ax (for Snow White's Huntsman) would be acceptable or not.

See below for recent posts about this. There are reports that day of tickets are limited to approximately 100 tickets per on site hotel for registered guests only. So ask when you check in and be at the desk early!
Ok Thanks! I'll ask at check in and be ready to be up early on day of!

I read the costume guidelines for the OBB and I am wondering if you think a plastic play ax (for Snow White's Huntsman) would be acceptable or not.

I would lean towards no, especially if this is for an adult. If it’s very clearly a toy and for a child it might be ok. I saw a few people with staffs or similar the other night but no one with anything like an axe. But no matter what if you decide to try and bring it Just make sure you’re ok or have a plan if they say no. Also, is it going so be on a belt loop or something? It might be annoying to carry all night too.

One way to get around this is to make an ax out of cardboard. (Cut out the basic shape in the size you want, download a photo/picture of the item, then cut out the photo and paste it onto the cardboard. Or, if you are artistic, paint the cardboard to look like the item you want.) We've done something like this in the past so that the item in question was clearly not real -- it looked fine in the photos, but caused no trouble with security. And it was much lighter to carry around and easy to store on rides.

Any update on the Oogie Boogie Bash dining package and where the location is for viewing? Is this still so popular that they are shifting the viewing location to a non-prime spot, or does this have a premium feel to it? Is there any chance this is a seated location?
All reports that I've read confirm that this package really isn't worth it. You can find your own better viewing spots for free -- even table viewing from the restaurant after it closes. The package viewing is standing -- crowded standing -- by the Blue Sky Cellar. Not "Premium" at all. You could even snag a bench somewhere along the parade route for seating -- for free.

See below for an example "seated parade viewing" without the package.

We also went to the 10/3 party...

We got a high top table right on the parade route at Sonoma terrace just shy of 30min before the parade started and it was awesome. The tables around us were filled by about 10min before the parade started...

I haven't been recently, but when I did go, they made a special plate for my husband. He has dietary restrictions and we didn't really expect them to go out of their way for him, but they did. They handmade a variety of items for him. I think if you tell the server right away that there are vegetarians in the group, they will arrange to have different sandwiches made.

Please let us know how it works out.

Hello all! Went to last Thursday (10/3)'s Oogie Boogie Bash. This thread was so helpful in planning out our night. Thank you all!

Wanted to report back with a few observations for a few FAQs that I didn't know going in (forgive me if they've been covered over the past few days)

• They let us in the park at 2:30

• MaxPass is included with the park ticket and we took advantage of that. From 2:30-6:00, we were able to ride Incredicoaster twice, Grizzly River Run, and Soarin' all using MaxPass. Guardians was a walk-on when we arrived to didn't need it for that

• PhotoPass is included

• Carthay Circle Lounge is open during the party

• Ride crowds during the party were inconsistent. Radiator Springs 35 mins around 9:45, that was the longest we waited. Most everything else was manageable

• Kingdom Hearts line looked long @ beginning of party. Later in the night looked much better.

• Took Disboards advice and watched the parade from Little Mermaid then hightailed it to Villains Grove immediately after that. This was an excellent strategy. 5-minute wait for Villains Grove doing this

• Did Oogie Boogie and Mad Hatter treat trails around 9:30, no wait for either at that time

• Kim wasn't out, but Ron Stoppable had NO ONE in his line. No one.

• As others have said, World of Color was stress-free. I got paranoid and got there 30 mins early just in case but could've arrived much later and been fine
Thanks for sharing your input. I've been reading up on Thursday parties so, I can follow what others have shared. Where is the villains treat trail?

Where is the villains treat trail?
There is the Villains Grove, but it does not have treats. It's located in the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail area across from GRR.

There are the immersive treat trails that have a villain character in the middle that interacts (aka talks) with the guests but does not come down from the platform for photos or anything like that.
  • Evil Queen: Behind GRR (entrance is near GRR FP distribution)
  • Maleficent: Near Soarin' (entrance is near Soarin' FP distribution)
  • Ooogie Boogie: Animation Academy (entrance is via the main entrance)
  • Dr. Facilier: Stage 17 (entrance is between the building and Monster's Inc).
  • Mad Hatter (Tim Burton Version): Hyperion Courtyard (entrance is at the end of Hollywood Boulevard)

Sorry everyone coming in this weekend. We have a knack for bringing crazy weather with us. Usually it is heavy rain! But apparently this year we are bringing heat and wind. Maybe it will scare some locals away? One more sleep for us and we will be there in time for the mix-in for the party tomorrow night.

Sorry everyone coming in this weekend. We have a knack for bringing crazy weather with us. Usually it is heavy rain! But apparently this year we are bringing heat and wind. Maybe it will scare some locals away? One more sleep for us and we will be there in time for the mix-in for the party tomorrow night.

One more sleep for us, too! I'm sure we'll pass by each other at the party tomorrow night. So excited!!

There is the Villains Grove, but it does not have treats. It's located in the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail area across from GRR.

There are the immersive treat trails that have a villain character in the middle that interacts (aka talks) with the guests but does not come down from the platform for photos or anything like that.
  • Evil Queen: Behind GRR (entrance is near GRR FP distribution)
  • Maleficent: Near Soarin' (entrance is near Soarin' FP distribution)
  • Ooogie Boogie: Animation Academy (entrance is via the main entrance)
  • Dr. Facilier: Stage 17 (entrance is between the building and Monster's Inc).
  • Mad Hatter (Tim Burton Version): Hyperion Courtyard (entrance is at the end of Hollywood Boulevard)
Haha I mis-read villains grove for villains treat trail. Thanks Figment!

I’ll make sure to update, but I don’t know of how much use it’ll be, I’m going pretty late in the season. (24th & 26th)

It’s only going to be in the 80’s. Perfect Disney weather! I would go this weekend but I’ll be out of town! But I’ll be there Monday

Hey, I messaged a friend of mine who’s vegan and did the tea, and she said she had called and told them in advance, and they had different stuff ready for her. She didn’t specify what it was, but she did say she’d called the restaurant directly. Since you’ll be there in person early, I’d do what you planned and go speak to them, but it sounds like they can accommodate you. 😊

Hey, I messaged a friend of mine who’s vegan and did the tea, and she said she had called and told them in advance, and they had different stuff ready for her. She didn’t specify what it was, but she did say she’d called the restaurant directly. Since you’ll be there in person early, I’d do what you planned and go speak to them, but it sounds like they can accommodate you. 😊

That’s great to hear!! I’ll keep you guys updated :)

Won't scare any locals away (may even bring them out!), but it may well scare the fireworks away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter