Halloween Time Superthread 2020: Oogie's Back!! And Other Halloween Time Information -- Please Read Post 1! (OBB DATES CANCELLED 7/24/20)

funny I wrote that last night. Disney world tickets are now on sale. Announced via parks blog this morning. Is it typical for Disney world tickets to just go on sale without warning? Doesn’t disneyland usually have an announcement with a date they will go on sale with chase care members and AP’s having the first available?
Yes, DLR does give a heads up announcement for the date that APs, DVC Members, and Disney Visa Cardholders can purchase their tickets. And the date that tickets go on sale to the general public. It's always been nice having that little bit of time to plan our dates and figure out the budget before we purchase.

I just came to see if Disneyland dates and tickets are listed yet since WDW did theirs today. We just decided last week to take a mid October trip to Disneyland and I’d love to finally get to do the party. And a quick clarification... I know costumes are allowed for the party. How about masks? DH has a Jack costume that has a mask.

Yes, DLR does give a heads up announcement for the date that APs, DVC Members, and Disney Visa Cardholders can purchase their tickets. And the date that tickets go on sale to the general public. It's always been nice having that little bit of time to plan our dates and figure out the budget before we purchase.
Last year DLR announced Halloween Party Dates on 4/17/19. Then tickets went on sale for AP's on 4/23/19 and for the general public on 4/30/19.
DW and I are super excited to check out the Oogie's Halloween Party in DCA.

I just came to see if Disneyland dates and tickets are listed yet since WDW did theirs today. We just decided last week to take a mid October trip to Disneyland and I’d love to finally get to do the party. And a quick clarification... I know costumes are allowed for the party. How about masks? DH has a Jack costume that has a mask.

"Masks must not obstruct visions and eyes must be visible at all times." Does that help? That's the only thing in the costume guidelines.

So glad I have my Halloween ticket money already sitting in savings waiting to buy on a moments notice!!!

Per the Is It Packed website, Tuesday-Thursday during the last week of October is pretty quiet at the parks. This year, those dates fall upon October 27-29. I am hoping to buy tickets to Oogie Boogie's Bash during that time! It's pretty close to Halloween, but we like to aim to visit when it's a 'Ghost Town' on the website...hopefully the projection is accurate!

Per the Is It Packed website, Tuesday-Thursday during the last week of October is pretty quiet at the parks. This year, those dates fall upon October 27-29. I am hoping to buy tickets to Oogie Boogie's Bash during that time! It's pretty close to Halloween, but we like to aim to visit when it's a 'Ghost Town' on the website...hopefully the projection is accurate!

That may not be accurate, however I'm sure someone else can chime in. But I've found that Halloween time in October is the busiest, particularly towards the end of the month.

Just be careful about using crowd calendars to plan your dates at DLR. They can be helpful, but they're not super reliable. See: Most accurate crowd calendars?.
Wow, thank you for linking me to that thread. I am embarrassed to admit that I've been purposely planning this years DL trips (my birthday trip, possible Halloween trip, then our honeymoon in December) using the crowd calendar on 'Is it Packed' so we can go during the ghost days. I haven't been to the park in 10 years, so all these trips- including our honeymoon- are a big deal to us! I wonder about the algorithm for the crowd calendars.

Note that I tried to search the 2019 Halloween thread to look at trends for busy days, but didn't seem to come up with much. Oh well. I suppose going on weekdays- esp Tues/Weds for our full park days- will still be better than visiting on weekends.

That may not be accurate, however I'm sure someone else can chime in. But I've found that Halloween time in October is the busiest, particularly towards the end of the month.
Which weeks did you find quieter during October? Thank you!

Try asking here: **Official** October 2020 Check-in! (link found in post one of this thread). With the Fall Breaks from the surrounding states happening throughout the month and all the events on the weekends, October is indeed a busy, busy month! Look at the first post to see what events and school breaks are happening and when. To be honest, the last "ghost day" we experienced was last Thanksgiving Day when it was pouring and very cold. Instead of relying on crowd calendars, we usually advise people here to choose whichever dates work best for their family's schedule, then to come back to this board to check that nothing crazy will conflict with their dates. Then make the best plans for those dates (dining reservations, MP/FP, budget, etc.), bring a positive attitude and lots of patience, be flexible (!), then relax and let the magic happen! You'll be several steps ahead of any crowds just because you planned and researched in advance!

I love me some Halloween:

_18A5600_zpsags7wgrg.jpg

Try asking here: **Official** October 2020 Check-in! (link found in post one of this thread). With the Fall Breaks from the surrounding states happening throughout the month and all the events on the weekends, October is indeed a busy, busy month! Look at the first post to see what events and school breaks are happening and when. To be honest, the last "ghost day" we experienced was last Thanksgiving Day when it was pouring and very cold. Instead of relying on crowd calendars, we usually advise people here to choose whichever dates work best for their family's schedule, then to come back to this board to check that nothing crazy will conflict with their dates. Then make the best plans for those dates (dining reservations, MP/FP, budget, etc.), bring a positive attitude and lots of patience, be flexible (!), then relax and let the magic happen! You'll be several steps ahead of any crowds just because you planned and researched in advance!
Thank you very much, I appreciate the link and your helpful guidance!

Not to scare you..but October is the opposite of quiet lol. There could be random days here and there that are decent though.

Also on weekdays, there is no entertainment (i.e. fireworks or fantasmic), only World of Color. So that pushes crowds to the weekends.

Not to scare you..but October is the opposite of quiet lol. There could be random days here and there that are decent though.

Also on weekdays, there is no entertainment (i.e. fireworks or fantasmic), only World of Color. So that pushes crowds to the weekends.
I would personally recommend late September over October for crowds.
Hours are usually longer in October though. And for the past two years I believe fantasmic was offered almost nightly.

We’ll be flying in from Australia and be at Disneyland from the 23 Oct - 4 Nov. Obviously we won’t be there for the official Christmas season but after Halloween how soon do the decorations appear? I’ve seen time lapse footage from WDW where at Magic Kingdom a lot goes up the night of the last party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter