Halloween Time Superthread 2020: Oogie's Back!! And Other Halloween Time Information -- Please Read Post 1! (OBB DATES CANCELLED 7/24/20)

Disney's official announcement:
According to paragraph 2, the reopening of the parks and hotels (GCH and PPH) will be delayed until state approval is received to open.
According to paragraph 3, DTD will reopen as scheduled on July 9th.

From the Reopening Speculation Thread:
Me either. The Cast Member that I spoke with also assured me that there would of course be Halloween and seasonal decorations but he did caution me not to expect the normal offerings for Halloween, He said the priority is getting the parks open safely.

Ugh. So bummed. We go every year for Halloween for our anniversary and I usually should be booking the hotel and whatnot now (we live an hour away) and its making me so sad that I can't even book anything, much less that even going now is unlikely

I don't have much time left myself. Due to work vacation schedule I can only come over early September for Halloween, and with the travel restrictions thrown in the mix trip postponement is looming dangerously close. *sniffles*

I don't have much time left myself. Due to work vacation schedule I can only come over early September for Halloween, and with the travel restrictions thrown in the mix trip postponement is looming dangerously close. *sniffles*
Big hug. This waiting game (not such a fun game, is it?) is just wearing everyone down. Sigh.

I think we can all use a hug. *hugs back*

I shouldn't have said I'd really love to meet Chip and Dale in those Lunar New Year Outfits. That was big style tempting fate. *sigh indeed*

As much as I'm sad that the event isn't going to happen (as per the reports, including the update I saw from GothicRosie), I think it might be the move to make for now. Halloween is my fav time of the year, and I'm sad about what that means in general for all the activities this year, but safety first.

Some Halloween merchandise is on the shopdisney site. I can't tell if it's from new or from last year. The Mickey candy bowl looks familiar. There's a 2020 pin.

With the cancellation of the Oogie Boogie Bash, has there been any indication whether Haunted Mansion will get its Nightmare Before Christmas overlay for 2020?

With the cancellation of the Oogie Boogie Bash, has there been any indication whether Haunted Mansion will get its Nightmare Before Christmas overlay for 2020?
This understandably vague answer is from today's MP DLR Update:
Asked if Disney still planned to install the Halloween Time overlay at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure if the theme parks are allowed to reopen by the fall, a spokesperson said, "We continue to work toward a reopening plan for our theme parks and follow guidance from appropriate health and government officials. We will share more information on our Halloween plans when we are able."

If anyone hears more official news, please post it here!

Thanks for updating the title theluckyrabbit, I was sidetracked by Pokemon Go.

Really sad news, but not unexpected. I'm working on trip rescheduling now - only question is now if February for Valentine's Day or better make it Easter straight away.

Thanks for updating the title theluckyrabbit, I was sidetracked by Pokemon Go.

Really sad news, but not unexpected. I'm working on trip rescheduling now - only question is now if February for Valentine's Day or better make it Easter straight away.
Well, the whole pandemic thing makes guesstimating crowds a whole new game. But last year, the Valentine's Day-President's Day-Ski Week holiday was VERY crowded in the parks. February as a whole was surprisingly crowded -- partly because I think many people expected a ghost town (ha!) and partly because of all the locals who showed up for Lunar New Year which then rolled into the holiday weekend/week, and the SoCal ticket promotion. Easter crowds might be more predictable. And you might get better weather overall and the F&W Festival in DCA,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter