Halloween

paulinefc

From Dublin Ireland. I have caught the disney bug!
So we are getting ready to head for our first halloween trip. The kid's are so excited. We are not going to do the Halloween party, and book for Inventions instead. What is the best time to book Inventions for?

We went a few years back and didn't do the Halloween party as my DDs were 9 and 6 at the time and I felt it was too much for them (we'd also travelled that day so were really tired!). We left the park about 7 pm I think (I can't remember what time it closed but seem to think it was early?). I would stay book Inventions for about half hour before closing, or even at closing. The ticketed Halloween party groups started arriving from about 5 pm I recall - there were lots of groups with very spooky costumes (my youngest was a bit freaked out), but they were all in great spirits - didn't appear to be any problems.

The big bonus of not doing the party which went on until the small hours, was the Studios had EMH the next morning and we got up nice and early and were one of the first there - for the first time ever we rode Crush (as it was open) 3 times in a row with no queue - was starting to build up by 3rd time. It was lovely having such a quiet Studios and made our weekend if I'm honest.

My girls are a bit older now and keep asking if we can go back for Halloween and do the party (it's my most favourite time to visit), however, sadly their school holidays don't fall over Halloween for something like the next 5 years, so we won't get on the actual day for years to come due to school! Very upset about that lol!

Enjoy - it's amazing at Halloween - love it! Hope you have some lovely costumes sorted for the children!

Don't know about inventions myself, but just wanted to say....have a fantastic time! pixiedust:

Thank you :)

The big bonus of not doing the party which went on until the small hours, was the Studios had EMH the next morning and we got up nice and early and were one of the first there - for the first time ever we rode Crush (as it was open) 3 times in a row with no queue - was starting to build up by 3rd time. It was lovely having such a quiet Studios and made our weekend if I'm honest.

Unfortunatly we don't have EMH this time round. We're staying in The explorer's. I actually regret it now as EMH would have been so handy. We have actually just rode Crush's coaster once in all the time's we've been there because of the que's so we are making a dash for it when studios open's on Halloween as EMH is in The Disneyland park that day.

DD is on count down, she's so excited. Altough we still don't have passports o_O
16 sleeps party:

We went a few years back and didn't do the Halloween party as my DDs were 9 and 6 at the time and I felt it was too much for them (we'd also travelled that day so were really tired!). We left the park about 7 pm I think (I can't remember what time it closed but seem to think it was early?). I would stay book Inventions for about half hour before closing, or even at closing. The ticketed Halloween party groups started arriving from about 5 pm I recall - there were lots of groups with very spooky costumes (my youngest was a bit freaked out), but they were all in great spirits - didn't appear to be any problems.

My girls are a bit older now and keep asking if we can go back for Halloween and do the party (it's my most favourite time to visit), however, sadly their school holidays don't fall over Halloween for something like the next 5 years, so we won't get on the actual day for years to come due to school! Very upset about that lol!

Enjoy - it's amazing at Halloween - love it! Hope you have some lovely costumes sorted for the children!

You mentioned your DDs going on Crush when 6 - our daughter is 5 when we go next month - do you reckon that's too young?

I don't know, I can let you know how they get on :scared:

Let me join the others here, and wish you a pleasant stay! You'll love visiting DLP this time of the year, even if you're not making it to the Halloween party! People will start entering the park while being disguised from 5pm, you should try to walk around Disneyland Park, this is going to be fun!

As far as Inventions is concerned, I would recommend to book the time that work best for your schedule. This is one of the place where the experience is always great and consistent. (disclaimer: we have been there so many times, both at lunch and dinner, and this is maybe the only buffet at DLP where you can be assured everything is going to be great from the start to the end of the operating times)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter