HalloweenTime at DLR Info and Photo Superthread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been going through the Disney Photo Gallery CD that comes with the PhotoPass+ :) Here is an awesome Halloween time photo that is large enough for a beautiful desktop photo. Just posting the link since the photo is pretty big!! A nice way to make your desktop prepared for a Halloween trip hehe

http://i50.tinypic.com/16k16hx.jpg

I have a costume question for all you regular MHP goers - how scary are costumes allowed to be? My 6 yr old is into zombies atm and wants to go as one, but I know in the guidelines it says "no offensive costumes". Are zombies considered offensive or too scary? We wouldn't have him covered in fake blood or anything, it would be a fairly mild version...

Should be fine with a mild zombie :) I think the main thing they focus on is masks and weapons

Thanks for the info, trying to look at planning a late Sept trip, Halloween so far has been our favorite time of year to visit!
My question is: Considering there is a date to the start of the Halloween season, is it safe to assume that the ride overlays will in fact be completed in time for start date?

We may push it to get in at the beginning of the time frame, but don't want to risk the rides with overlays to be down.

Also, two years ago they had expanded fireworks viewings and fantasmic viewings during the Halloween season.... was this also true last year? Wondering if it's safe to say there will be more nightly entertainment or if I need to stick to the weekend schedule for off season. Any thoughts??

Thanks for the insight!

Every year so far they've had fireworks every single night. During the parties there is the special Halloween Screams fireworks and then they had the Remember Dreams Come True fireworks show on every other night. Fantasmic was nightly except not on party nights

Back in 2009 during the Halloween season at DL, Halloween Screams made its debut and was running every night in the month of October. During that time there wasn't a MHP back in 2009. Then in 2010 for the first year of MHP, HS fireworks is a part of the party. The other days mostly on Saturday, Sunday or any holidays, DL ran RDCT fireworks while the weekdays they didn't show any fireworks. Just as iKristin said that F! is not running during MHP so you can only see it on the weekends.

Another pic for the new Halloween thread.
6180248417_3018abbd94_z.jpg

I ordered my party tickets on 7/1. I was told they would arrive in 7-10 days. They still haven't arrived. I'm starting to get a little nervous. For those of you who purchased tickets how long did they take to arrive. At what point should I follow-up? My credit card was charged on 7/2.

I❤MICKEY;45506774 said:
I ordered my party tickets on 7/1. I was told they would arrive in 7-10 days. They still haven't arrived. I'm starting to get a little nervous. For those of you who purchased tickets how long did they take to arrive. At what point should I follow-up? My credit card was charged on 7/2.

I would follow up. I think mine took 4 business days and I'm in your neck of the woods.

Hello! Just checking in on the new thread. 250 pages!
Continuing to mark time until we can buy the Ultimate Experience, and seriously hoping we don't have to wait until 30 days out. That would be Oct 1 for us!

AJ

Great thread Sherry!

Question for those of you who have bought tickets in the past. I'm planning to attend on Friday, Oct. 19th but would like to save a bit of money before I buy my tickets. Should I be worried about the party selling out?

I wanted to share that I got my tickets for the Tuesday the 23rd party. They do say 7:00 pm - midnight.

I have a question hope this is the right place. TY.

When will HM close and for how long to get the overlay all in place?

I have friends coming to DL in early Sept … just hoping they can see HM before it closes to get it ready for the NBC overlay. I know they will not be here for the overlay but was just hoping they could at least get on HM. TY

OH and this is a GREAT GREAT THREAD!!!!!!!!!!

I have a question hope this is the right place. TY.

When will HM close and for how long to get the overlay all in place?

I have friends coming to DL in early Sept … just hoping they can see HM before it closes to get it ready for the NBC overlay. I know they will not be here for the overlay but was just hoping they could at least get on HM. TY

OH and this is a GREAT GREAT THREAD!!!!!!!!!!

HM will close around 8/27 and will reopen on 9/14.

Been going through the Disney Photo Gallery CD that comes with the PhotoPass+ :) Here is an awesome Halloween time photo that is large enough for a beautiful desktop photo. Just posting the link since the photo is pretty big!! A nice way to make your desktop prepared for a Halloween trip hehe

http://i50.tinypic.com/16k16hx.jpg

Thank you for posting Kristin! I am looking forward to a pic infront of this pumpkin on our party night in our costumes! I haven't been to DLR for Halloween since 2007, anyone know if it's a photopass spot?

The party we attended in late October on a Tuesday last year sold out ( I believe it was the 21st). We bought our tickets in August, and I don't know when the sell out occurred, but when I checked before we left on our trip, tickets for our party were sold out. Folks were selling them on Ebay for a small fortune. I don't think you need to worry until October.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter