HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread #5-- HALLOWEENTIME STARTS SEPT. 9!! SOLD OUT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All, planning on taking my girls to DL in Oct, but question on music in the park, since it will be halloween time, will both parks (DLR and DCA) be playing halloween music in the background? reason I ask is that my little one gets scared when she hears "scary halloween" music..

TIA

Hi All, planning on taking my girls to DL in Oct, but question on music in the park, since it will be halloween time, will both parks (DLR and DCA) be playing halloween music in the background? reason I ask is that my little one gets scared when she hears "scary halloween" music..

TIA

There is some Halloween music played during the Halloween party, otherwise the music is the same as usual I think. If the Halloween party stays at DL, then you should be fine going to DCA.

TIA
Disney is pretty tame and family-friendly for Halloween. If you go for the Halloween party, just avoid the Rivers of America area. That can be "creepier" with a fog machine and the Dapper Dans dressed like zombies. But throughout the park it is more about fun, not frights!

I have not read all 67 pages of this thread! So I apologize if this has been covered, but to what extent does Halloween Time affect crowds? We are thinking about going September 10 - September 15. Will it be crazy busy? Or are the insane crowds referenced in a few of the latest posts in this thread mostly seen at the actual Halloween parties as opposed to dates that happen to fall within Halloween Time? For reference, our last three trips have been either the last week of April or first week of May. How will early September crowds compare to those in late April/early May?

Thanks!

Hi,
We're going those exact days. We have two anniversaries that week so it's great days for us. I went two years ago with my daughters and it was insanely busy. The reason for that is that Fall Dapper Days were during that time. It has since been moved to November. I'm hoping for slower times than then. I do expect some heat. It was pretty hot last time.

There is some Halloween music played during the Halloween party, otherwise the music is the same as usual I think. If the Halloween party stays at DL, then you should be fine going to DCA.

Disney is pretty tame and family-friendly for Halloween. If you go for the Halloween party, just avoid the Rivers of America area. That can be "creepier" with a fog machine and the Dapper Dans dressed like zombies. But throughout the park it is more about fun, not frights!

Whew!!! so happy to hear, cuz Mommy REALLY wants to go to MHP, LOL.. booking our trip now! thanks for the info!

Any tips for going on the 31st? Since it's a Tuesday, wonder how bad the park will be during the day. My daughter does not mind missing her school party or trick or treating at home. Think it will be a good week to go! Halloween is the last holiday season for us to hit, we usually go around late November/early December each year. Last time we were there during Halloween, it was the first Halloween party year. We did not go, it was in DCA and did not look worthy of the time/money.

Thanks in advance!

Any tips for going on the 31st? Since it's a Tuesday, wonder how bad the park will be during the day. My daughter does not mind missing her school party or trick or treating at home. Think it will be a good week to go! Halloween is the last holiday season for us to hit, we usually go around late November/early December each year. Last time we were there during Halloween, it was the first Halloween party year. We did not go, it was in DCA and did not look worthy of the time/money.

Thanks in advance!

We went on Oct. 31st last year which was a Monday and the park was very crowded during the day. I think any days that have a Halloween Party experience high crowd levels during the morning/afternoon because general admission attendees are trying to maximize the day/ticket value before the party starts. Once MHP started the place thinned out big time and there was little to no wait for rides. The treat trails were quick and parade/fireworks viewing was easy. If you're going to the park on Halloween and need to pick between a 1-Day admission vs. MHP ticket I'd go with the party ticket.

whoops, I didnt realize I was responding to last years DLR thread page since I'm also following this year MNSSHP thread and I thought I following an alter there-well that explains why I cant find a link I was looking for 3 pages back :crazy:

whoops, I didnt realize I was responding to last years DLR thread page since I'm also following this year MNSSHP thread and I thought I following an alter there-well that explains why I cant find a link I was looking for 3 pages back :crazy:
I do that sometimes too since I follow lots of threads on both boards. :jester:

That's for WDW. DLR historically has not released dates until mid to late July.
Thank you. Ugh! I am so not patient!

Its ok. I get lost in some of the threads too!

Anyone else already getting excited about their Halloween visit?! I think I may have convinced my family (sister and her family and my parents) to go again this year. We had the best time last year as a group of 10! I'm anxious to see if those pesky rumors about the party moving to DCA are true! I'm thinking about buying tickets for two parties this year, as we'll likely be there 3-4 nights. My husband will probably kill me but what a way to take it all in then enjoy pieces of it over two separate parties?!

Anyone else already getting excited about their Halloween visit?! I think I may have convinced my family (sister and her family and my parents) to go again this year. We had the best time last year as a group of 10! I'm anxious to see if those pesky rumors about the party moving to DCA are true! I'm thinking about buying tickets for two parties this year, as we'll likely be there 3-4 nights. My husband will probably kill me but what a way to take it all in then enjoy pieces of it over two separate parties?!
I loved doing 2 parties. There's no way we could have done everything we wanted in just 1 night.

Closing this thread since it's for a past Halloween celebration. Someone feel free to start a new thread. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter