HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread- 9/14-10/31; Mickey's Halloween Party starts 9/28!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple questions for the veterans:

1) I got so excited when I found out I could get party tickets with my Disney VISA - so I did. Couple days pass and I read about the Happy Haunts Tour! Did a different tour at DWorld couple years back and loved it! Would really enjoy doing this tour on our party day. Since I already purchased the party ticket and I can't sign up for the tour until 30 days prior, did I mess up? Will I be able to convert my Party tickets into the tour/party ticket combo?
BTW - when I bought the party tickets, they told me to pick them at the customer service window, then about a week later they show up in my mail! :confused3 Oh well, I'm happy.

2) Will DL have a park specific pin for this year's Halloween Party? If so, are my chances any good it may still be available when I go the last Friday before Halloween? I'm not a serious pin collector by any means, but I do like to collect a few "choice" pins that will hold a specific memory for me - such as our 1st trip to DLR/DCA and our 1st MHP! (Already treasure my MVMCP pin from our 1st "party" at WDW last year.)

3) PhotoPass - do the photographers take the "magic" pictures with the hitch hiking ghosts? Stitch? Tink? Balloons? etc. I really hope to get that "ghost" pic this year.

4) To the previous poster waiting to find out when your college DD (DS?) can go before you can book - I feel your pain. We are in that same boat. Decided to simply book the most likely dates and crossed all our fingers. . . toes. . . eyes. . . :lmao:

Couple questions for the veterans:

1) I got so excited when I found out I could get party tickets with my Disney VISA - so I did. Couple days pass and I read about the Happy Haunts Tour! Did a different tour at DWorld couple years back and loved it! Would really enjoy doing this tour on our party day. Since I already purchased the party ticket and I can't sign up for the tour until 30 days prior, did I mess up? Will I be able to convert my Party tickets into the tour/party ticket combo?
BTW - when I bought the party tickets, they told me to pick them at the customer service window, then about a week later they show up in my mail! :confused3 Oh well, I'm happy.

2) Will DL have a park specific pin for this year's Halloween Party? If so, are my chances any good it may still be available when I go the last Friday before Halloween? I'm not a serious pin collector by any means, but I do like to collect a few "choice" pins that will hold a specific memory for me - such as our 1st trip to DLR/DCA and our 1st MHP! (Already treasure my MVMCP pin from our 1st "party" at WDW last year.)

3) PhotoPass - do the photographers take the "magic" pictures with the hitch hiking ghosts? Stitch? Tink? Balloons? etc. I really hope to get that "ghost" pic this year.

4) To the previous poster waiting to find out when your college DD (DS?) can go before you can book - I feel your pain. We are in that same boat. Decided to simply book the most likely dates and crossed all our fingers. . . toes. . . eyes. . . :lmao:

momsquad -

Hello!

1. Well, I know absolutely nothing about the tour/party combo. I only know about the party, so hopefully someone else can answer questions about the package.

2. Yes. There should be some party-specific pins, or at least one pin. There will be regular Halloween Time pins as well as Mickey's Halloween Party pins. I took a few pictures of some pins in October last year (on my party day, but before the party started). I will look at them to see if anything is clear and close-up enough to post here - that way you can get an idea of the kinds of pins they sell. The pins are popular, so they may sell out. But I think there will likely be a good supply for each party night.

3. The magic shot with the Hitchhiking Ghosts is never available during Halloween Time, for some odd reason! You will probably still be able to get the balloon picture done over by Grizzly Peak. Stitch coming out of the ground always seems to be available. I think the Tinkerbell in the hand pose is still available, but I am not 100% sure. There are also brand new PhotoPass spots in Cars Land and on Buena Vista Street, and there will be PhotoPass people at the actual party, so you can get character photos.

momsquad -

Okay, as I mentioned that I was going to do in my previous post, I looked up my pin pictures from last year. I think I actually took more than these pictures, but here are a couple (hopefully, they are not too blurry to make them out!):

Here is an example of one of the Halloween Time pins from last year (there were others):

IMG_3394.jpg

And here is one of the pins for Mickey's Halloween Party (top row):

IMG_3396.jpg

:cool1: Tomorrow morning is ticket day. At first I was kinda disapointed we had to move our trip forward from the Christmas season to Halloween since we've done it twice already, but I'm getting so excited now :D

Hi Sherry E! :wave2:
Thanks for the info! Love the pin pictures! Just what I'm looking for. Oh Happy! Just going to have faith there will still be some available when we arrive.

Drats about the Hitch Hiking Ghosts. Maybe they get too many requests at the party? :confused3 Oh well. One shot I don't have yet is the balloons. I'll be pleased if I can get that one.

Thanks again for your information. I just :love: these boards!

I was wondering what you guys thought about my costume ideas and then I have a question or two or one. I haven't decided anyway.. here are my costume ideas:

1. Dorothy in Wonderland: I was going to dress up as Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz but put a twist on it and have it so she somehow ended up in Wonderland and instead of having a basket with a dog in it, there would be a basket with the Chesire cat and the White Rabbit.

2. Alice in Wonderland

3. The White Queen from Tim Burton's movie.

And which days are less busy for the Halloween party night?

Hmm...been waiting for the MHP tickets to go on sale for AP holders. Stiiiiill waiting. They said the 9th but I can't seem to find a link to actually buy them anywhere.

Good morning everyone!
My family will be attending the party on the 12th of Oct.
It is driving me crazy that I have to wait until Thursday to purchase tkts!
We went on the Fantasy this year which means that we didnt get annual passes this year. We do kind of an every other year thing.
Sherri, thank you for maintaining this thread! You have done it for so long that I think we might take you for granted!

Is the Haunted Haunts tour info up yet? Do they have it on Saturday nights?
We are going to the Pantages to see Book of Mormon on Saturday to see the matinee.
Thanks again!

iKristin said:
Hmm...been waiting for the MHP tickets to go on sale for AP holders. Stiiiiill waiting. They said the 9th but I can't seem to find a link to actually buy them anywhere.

The link is now live! Go to the Halloween Party's web page and scroll to the bottom. There is a clickable button "Sign In to Purchase at Passholder Price".

Hi Sherry E! :wave2:
Thanks for the info! Love the pin pictures! Just what I'm looking for. Oh Happy! Just going to have faith there will still be some available when we arrive.

Drats about the Hitch Hiking Ghosts. Maybe they get too many requests at the party? :confused3 Oh well. One shot I don't have yet is the balloons. I'll be pleased if I can get that one.

Thanks again for your information. I just :love: these boards!

momsquad -

You're very welcome! I know I took at least a few other pin pictures, but I'm not sure if I took them on that October day or on the first day of Halloween Time in September. I'll have to double check!

Even though Disney merchandise certainly sells out on occasion, I have to think that for a limited-time event like the MHP, they would try to keep a good supply of the party-specific pins on hand for each night of the party.

Just like with that green and black bag that I posted a photo of a few pages back - I saw it in September; couldn't find it anywhere on the day of the party in October; and then suddenly a stash of those bags magically appeared in some shops in the afternoon, before the party started - I think they would have a stash of the party pins on hand in a back room somewhere, ready to pull out just in time for the event!

I have noticed for several years that the Hitchhiking Ghosts PhotoPass shot was not available during Halloween Time and it always baffled me! What better time to make it available to people? I have not been to DL in August, but I think I even remember seeing someone else's picture that was taken in August a couple of years ago, and they got the Ghosts!

So it seems like the PhotoPass people want to specifically avoid offering the Ghosts option during the Halloween and holiday seasons - maybe it's because the Haunted Mansion is Haunted Mansion Holiday from mid-September through early January? Maybe it's because they offer other Halloween Time borders for the season?

I was wondering what you guys thought about my costume ideas and then I have a question or two or one. I haven't decided anyway.. here are my costume ideas:

1. Dorothy in Wonderland: I was going to dress up as Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz but put a twist on it and have it so she somehow ended up in Wonderland and instead of having a basket with a dog in it, there would be a basket with the Chesire cat and the White Rabbit.

2. Alice in Wonderland

3. The White Queen from Tim Burton's movie.

And which days are less busy for the Halloween party night?

AddictedtoDoleWhip -

Hello!

I have to admit - I kind of love your Dorothy in Wonderland idea! I think it's very clever and inventive.

Kristin -

I hadn't even checked yet!

It's already strange enough that Disney made the Visa and DVC tickets available much earlier and did not advertise or publicize it at all - almost like they didn't want anyone to know!:rotfl2: So now we have reached the actual advertised date for AP holders to buy their tickets and there should be a link!

Good morning everyone!
My family will be attending the party on the 12th of Oct.
It is driving me crazy that I have to wait until Thursday to purchase tkts!
We went on the Fantasy this year which means that we didnt get annual passes this year. We do kind of an every other year thing.
Sherri, thank you for maintaining this thread! You have done it for so long that I think we might take you for granted!

Is the Haunted Haunts tour info up yet? Do they have it on Saturday nights?
We are going to the Pantages to see Book of Mormon on Saturday to see the matinee.
Thanks again!

Rita -

Hello again! I haven't said hello to you or seen you around too much lately!

I have not done the Happiest Haunts tour yet, but I would have to think that it takes place on Saturday - not sure about Saturday night, though. Hopefully someone with some tour experience can offer some insight? I would guess that it follows the same basic schedule that the Holiday Tour follows - and I think the latest Holiday Tour is usually at 3 p.m. or 4 p.m. I could be totally wrong, though - I am just kind of making educated guesses!

Thank you for the kind words.:goodvibes:goodvibes I love my Halloween and Christmas threads as though they were my children!:rotfl2: I started out just wanting to have an all-purpose, year-round, ongoing Halloween Time (and Christmas time) information/photo Superthread, which people could use for research and planning purposes, just like all of the other Superthreads on the board (WoC, Fantasmic, GCH, etc.). It's good to have one main thread to be able to reference any time of year for info and to see photos, etc. There are a lot of different facets to the season and people have lots of questions!

Little did I know this little thread would end up being so popular! I can't recall if the GCH Superthread has more views than this one (GCH thread was started a long time ago) - I think it might? - but I know that this thread is ahead of a lot of the other ones (it's even ahead of my Christmas Superthread) in number of views!:cool1::cool1:

I've had a lot of great help from Jessica, Kristin and Liza. And we have a wonderful array of participants who pitch in by giving information and sharing photos/knowledge, like Vala, Lynn, Bret, disneychrista, isisisme, Shannon, etc., etc. Too many to list right now! So it's a great group effort!:grouphug:

Stay tuned, because - much like the popular Theme Weeks Countdown in the Christmas Superthread that I did last year - I will soon be starting the Halloween Time Theme Weeks Countdown, and we will continue that each week until September 14th!!

Hi Kristin, try this link:
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/special-offers/mickeys-halloween-party/

It may not work, I had to sign in as an AP...I just bought mine for 10/9, so excited!

Yes, Sherry you're right! I've been dropping in here and there but not much since last year. So excited this year for Halloweentime! I just sat on hold for the tour line, ended up hanging up. I'll try back later to find out more about the tour/party package deal.

I got them :) It wasn't live when I was trying. After a while a button showed up, about an hour of refreshing and it went live haha

ok this shows how crazy i am. I bought the magic kingdom party cd in may and since then ive listened to it once a day and its not something im gona get tired of it wakes me up and keeps me in good mood bout trip even when down grading things lol. So the cd is cool and its got like 21songs and its the villeins singing at a Halloween party, boo to you and its got the 3 faery's in it the magical part in the fireworks, and its just a grate cd to keep the Halloween spirit alive check it out i got it in the century 21(i think the name the store) it was only 20 bucks maybe 18 but i am happy i picked it
Any ways jsut spreading some pixi dust to those who want to get in the mood

I have the Halloween Screams Fireworks track that I can't help but listen to every once and a while hehe, I'm the same way. I have tons of tracks from all over the resort, I'm addicted to them.

yes its got that one too theirs like 4 or 5 shows on it in one cd most seem to be Halloween its just so cool im glade others have some too. I was going to docs today and singing along as i walked i had ppl looking at me like i was crazy its summer but im singing Halloween lol it was fun tho

This will be our first trip to DL at Halloween and I just purchased our tickets to the October 5th party....will we look out of place if we are not wearing costumes? We are coming in for a Disney Cruise and trying to keep the amount of luggage to a minimum.

We got our tickets for 10/23 :cool1: Can't wait as we always have an awesome time!

Mickey&Josh - You won't look out of place at all. Last year I saw more people in regular clothes. We wore Halloween shirts and jeans.

This will be our first trip to DL at Halloween and I just purchased our tickets to the October 5th party....will we look out of place if we are not wearing costumes? We are coming in for a Disney Cruise and trying to keep the amount of luggage to a minimum.

Not at all...we are going as Disney tourist :cool1: So whatever we put on in the morning is the costume for the day...:)

I haven't worn costumes to the party, either! I just go as myself! At least half of the party guests will not be in costumes, if not more than that. No one pays attention or notices. It's a really good blend of costumes/no costumes and everyone is doing their own thing.

I mean, obviously we will be looking at the people with the really fantastic costumes - it's hard to ignore adults dressed as giant crayons, enormous teddy bears or wearing costumes that light up from head to toe, but the ones with costumes pay no attention to those of us who don't wear them!

A lot of party guests most likely end up buying their tickets on the spot - for example, the ones who don't follow discussions boards, of course! They may visit DLR with little to no planning at all (yes, there are still many people who go into it with no planning at all other than to book a hotel), and while they are there they learn that there's a party on this night or that night, so they decide to buy last minute/day-of-event tickets. Chances are, they don't bother running out and getting costumes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter