Handheld Fans?

honeybiscuit

Omelette superb avec jambon!
Does anyone have recommendations for a handheld fan to bring in the parks? I'm looking for something rechargeable if possible, not too big or heavy but effective at generating a breeze. Mister not necessary.

I tried the colorful square-ish O2cool necklace fans - I wasn't impressed by the strength, it felt too mild to make a difference in the FL heat and humidity. I was considering this one, anyone have experience with it? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MT8XBKN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_oHa-CbJJNQT43

Thanks for any advice! :)

I just ordered two of the very similar fans from Amazon for our upcoming trip in two weeks. They are rechargeable and moves a lot of air, and I think it will work well... I haven't tested them in Orlando heat though! They fold but definitely adds to the park bag bulk.

We've used several like that during a few trips. I rigged a holder on my DH wheel chair and using binder
clips and velco had them hanging from the shade of stroller. Rechargeable is the way to go. By the way we also had the fuel rod, so we always had the fans charged.

I know you are looking for fans but I thought I would share another option for keeping cool. We tried many fans and they never worked during the really hot days. The best cooling product is a MISSION cooling towel. I prefer the light weight fabric choice. They sell them on amazon, also I have found them at sports stores, tjmaxx and marshals. The best way to use one is to get a sealable (qrt.) sandwich bag, add ice, stick the wet towel in bag. Add it to your backpack. Every time you need to cool down just take out the cooling towel and place around your neck for a few min. When ice melts just get more from one of QS soda station.

I have seen battery-operated small hand-held fans at Walmart, Target, and a Disney gift shop, but none had rechargable batteries.

I bought a little fan attachment which you could plug into your phone, but it did not give much of a breeze.

Thanks for all the advice! I will probably order the fan - good to know folks have luck with that type.

I know you are looking for fans but I thought I would share another option for keeping cool. We tried many fans and they never worked during the really hot days. The best cooling product is a MISSION cooling towel. I prefer the light weight fabric choice. They sell them on amazon, also I have found them at sports stores, tjmaxx and marshals. The best way to use one is to get a sealable (qrt.) sandwich bag, add ice, stick the wet towel in bag. Add it to your backpack. Every time you need to cool down just take out the cooling towel and place around your neck for a few min. When ice melts just get more from one of QS soda station.

I am always open to summer heat management tips! :) The ice sounds like a good idea. I actually found a mini Frogg Toggs cooling towel at Wal-Mart last night in the camping section for $1.92 - I bought it to test out because I've never used one before. It works very nicely, especially for the price!

Walmart sells small pocket fans. The brand is O2cool. The blades are flexible and they are around $2.50. They are battery powered though and not rechargeable. I don't like to carry stuff around the parks and I don't want to worry about things breaking. These are perfect. They are not life-changers, but they will get you through the day.

I have found that the cooling towels around the back of the neck work much better than any of the fans. Just my opinion, but they do a much better job of lowering your core temperature rather than just moving some hot air. walmart sells some small froggs toggs towels that work great. I use them when I go camping and to the beach as well.

Having tried many many different versions for my numerous gadget inventions, the ones that consistently have the highest level of 'blowing power' that can be felt consistently from a good distance as well as combining batter life are these:

https://www.amazon.com/Handheld-Ver...dheld+fan&qid=1559923035&s=electronics&sr=1-6
They use a rechargeable battery and can also run directly off a power bank. These are all made in the same factory but there are a number of different 'brands' that sell them as their own. Without doubt, unless you are making your own fan using Drone motors, these will give you your best bang for your buck for sure!

I would also get one of the small 'misters' and combine it with their neoprene sleeve! The fine mist generated from an icy coregear is simply divine! haha...

https://www.amazon.com/COREGEAR-Mis...ter+coregear&qid=1559923317&s=gateway&sr=8-10

Thanks for all the advice! I will probably order the fan - good to know folks have luck with that type.

I am always open to summer heat management tips! :) The ice sounds like a good idea. I actually found a mini Frogg Toggs cooling towel at Wal-Mart last night in the camping section for $1.92 - I bought it to test out because I've never used one before. It works very nicely, especially for the price!
Frogg Togg’s work well too. I just personally prefer the feel of the mission brand fabric and mission brand lasts longer but for $1.92 you can’t go wrong.
🥶

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter