• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

handicap accessible rooms at DLH

nana50

Always planning my next trip to Disneyland.
I went to the disabilities page. It is all for WDW! I was just wondering where the handicap accessible rooms are located in DLH. Or if they have a floorplan. I've searched and searched. It isn't terribly important because I'm sure it will be fine, just my curiosity wondering how far they are from the elevators, etc. If they are bigger than regular rooms.

I went to the disabilities page. It is all for WDW! I was just wondering where the handicap accessible rooms are located in DLH. Or if they have a floorplan. I've searched and searched. It isn't terribly important because I'm sure it will be fine, just my curiosity wondering how far they are from the elevators, etc. If they are bigger than regular rooms.

I have very little info but this may be of some help. We stayed there in June, we were on the 4th floor and we met a woman waiting for the elevator who was there with a severely handicapped family member in a large wheelchair, who seemed to be impaired mentally and physically. The floors have two elevators, one on each end of the corridor. However once outside we did notice that only one of the entrances had a wheelchair ramp, so if you were to go down the wrong elevator you would end up on the opposite end and the pathway to get to the ramped area didn't seem very wheelchair friendly - we were in the Adventure Tower? of the DLH, side facing Downtown Disney.

Anyway the lady was in a panic because she had been waiting for the elevator for a very long time and it wouldn't arrive, there may have been something wrong with it at the time but she did not know that there was another elevator just down the hall, and I believe it turned out that her room was practically next to the other elevator that she didn't know about. Sometimes they're not obvious and hard to miss especially if you have never stayed there before.

It does help that there are two elevators, so you really aren't that far away from one of the two.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter