Handicapped Parking at Parks

SarahC97

DIS Veteran
In December I'll be taking my first trip with a handicapped parking plate. Is it necessary to get to the parks early at opening to get a spot or are they readily available throughout the day? Thanks!

In December I'll be taking my first trip with a handicapped parking plate. Is it necessary to get to the parks early at opening to get a spot or are they readily available throughout the day? Thanks!
DS and I usually show up closer to 10 in the mornings. If you arrive later in the afternoon you should have no problem. Based on our usual morning arrival ...

MK - you have to be really early to be in the first section, so that puts you a bit further away. It is a pretty good walk from there to security. And that much farther at end of day. It might be worth getting there early.

EPCOT - Depending on timing you might miss out on Handicapped and they send you to Preferred or farther back. We try to go in Handicapped to seek a spot but, snooze you lose there. It helps if the Security by that lot is open, saves some walking.

DHS - New Handicapped lot is bigger but it still fills fast. Then you get bumped back to overflow and not a terrible walk but you have to take care as now you deal with the trams of exit traffic.

AK - Is the most successful for parking arriving later. We usually find a spot.

DS and I usually show up closer to 10 in the mornings. If you arrive later in the afternoon you should have no problem. Based on our usual morning arrival ...

MK - you have to be really early to be in the first section, so that puts you a bit further away. It is a pretty good walk from there to security. And that much farther at end of day. It might be worth getting there early.

EPCOT - Depending on timing you might miss out on Handicapped and they send you to Preferred or farther back. We try to go in Handicapped to seek a spot but, snooze you lose there. It helps if the Security by that lot is open, saves some walking.

DHS - New Handicapped lot is bigger but it still fills fast. Then you get bumped back to overflow and not a terrible walk but you have to take care as now you deal with the trams of exit traffic.

AK - Is the most successful for parking arriving later. We usually find a spot.
Thank you!!

do you have a plate or hang tag? either way make sure CMs know you need handicapped parking. I say this because states like Pa do not have a front plate for CMs to see that you need the handicapped area

do you have a plate or hang tag? either way make sure CMs know you need handicapped parking. I say this because states like Pa do not have a front plate for CMs to see that you need the handicapped area
I have both but no front plate either. I figured I'd bring the hang tag to flash when parking.

I have both but no front plate either. I figured I'd bring the hang tag to flash when parking.
We only have a hang tag and that is all you need. As we approach the CM at the split - we do push the hang tag forward because sometimes between sun and our tinting they might not see it. Never any issues. Just make sure the hang tag is visible when parked. We use a sun shade so we double check to make sure it is showing.

After you pass the parking toll booths, get in the lane with the blue line and just follow that all the way to the handicapped lot. All the parks have the blue line lane. I’ve never not gotten a space, no matter what time of day I go but I don’t go during a busy time of the year either. ymmv.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter