Handmade Fish Extender Gifts

Actually we are on the one right after you, sailing on the 15th. It's our very first cruise, and we are super excited. I will have to post my other FE's that I am assembling - we are doing a homemade Lego kit for the boys and a "Mickey Mani" kit for the teen girls. I stole those ideas from Pinterest, but they were easy enough to implement.

Can you tell me about the homemade lego kits please?

Can you tell me about the homemade lego kits please?
sure...I got the idea from pinterest, and I promise I will post the steps how to do as soon as the rest of our loose bricks come in (Lego is making me sweat on these - we ordered them almost two weeks ago).

Anyway, you use loose bricks to make a replica of the ship. Blue plates for the ocean, Red plates for the bottom of the ship, White and black bricks for the body of the ship, and red and black for the smoke stacks. They are super duper cute and we were able to get about 70% of the bricks from our local Lego store, the just didn't have the angled bricks and the small ones for the smoke stacks.

We are going to bag the loose pieces with instructions to make the kits for the boys. I think it will be a hit, I mean, who doesn't like Legos!

sure...I got the idea from pinterest, and I promise I will post the steps how to do as soon as the rest of our loose bricks come in (Lego is making me sweat on these - we ordered them almost two weeks ago).

Anyway, you use loose bricks to make a replica of the ship. Blue plates for the ocean, Red plates for the bottom of the ship, White and black bricks for the body of the ship, and red and black for the smoke stacks. They are super duper cute and we were able to get about 70% of the bricks from our local Lego store, the just didn't have the angled bricks and the small ones for the smoke stacks.

We are going to bag the loose pieces with instructions to make the kits for the boys. I think it will be a hit, I mean, who doesn't like Legos!

Thanks!!! Totally stealing this idea!

Update...I have been bitten by the craft bug and both of my kids think JoAnn Fabrics is my favorite store now. Anyway, here are some pics of some of our other FE gifts.

Mickey Mani kits for the teen girls....

Christmas tree ornaments for each cabin...

And finally, t-shirts for the family for pirate night. After the picture, I added a red-white polka dot bow to Cassie's pirate iron on so she is a "girl pirate." She loves it.

IMG_3527_66.jpgIMG_3533_66.jpgIMG_3545_66.jpg

Still waiting on Lego pieces to come in for the boy's gifts, keep your fingers crossed for me, I may have to raid DS's stash.

My girls (9 and 12) would love these! Actually, I (mom) would love them too. :-) I may have to steal this idea for stocking stuffers...

Update...I have been bitten by the craft bug and both of my kids think JoAnn Fabrics is my favorite store now. Anyway, here are some pics of some of our other FE gifts.

Mickey Mani kits for the teen girls....

Christmas tree ornaments for each cabin...

And finally, t-shirts for the family for pirate night. After the picture, I added a red-white polka dot bow to Cassie's pirate iron on so she is a "girl pirate." She loves it.

View attachment 101324View attachment 101325View attachment 101327

Still waiting on Lego pieces to come in for the boy's gifts, keep your fingers crossed for me, I may have to raid DS's stash.

Super cute models!!!! :wave:
Where oh where did you get those small anchors?!?!?!?

Super cute models!!!! :wave:
Where oh where did you get those small anchors?!?!?!?

Those were at JoAnn Fabrics in the unpainted wood section. We painted them black with sponge brushes and then did an overcoat that had metallic glitter to make them look more "real". The lettering was done with Sharpie Oil Paint pens, also available at JoAnn.

Those were at JoAnn Fabrics in the unpainted wood section. We painted them black with sponge brushes and then did an overcoat that had metallic glitter to make them look more "real". The lettering was done with Sharpie Oil Paint pens, also available at JoAnn.

Awesome and they already had the holes in them, perfect!!

The world is such a small place. I think I was a part of Jennifer's FE group and I just fished out the Lego kit yesterday for my son to put together. I've rationed out the gifts to keep the cruise going. HE LOVED IT and it was so cute I googled to see what I would need and this is the first post that came up. UBER CUTR and I think this will be my next fish extender gift.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter