"Handwiches"???

liznboys

DIS Veteran
I think that's what they were called...? Does anyone remember them? Everytime I talk to my mom about WDW she asks if they still sell handwiches. lol As far as I know they don't. They were a great way to grab a bite!

I remember getting them in The Land. I could be wrong but I don't think they sell them any longer.

No more Handwiches....but they were fun!!! I remember getting them in the late 1980's in the CBR food court and also in Tomorrowland. :D

what was it. a sandwitch that was shaped like a hand or something?

Originally posted by paras4ri
No more Handwiches....but they were fun!!! I remember getting them in the late 1980's in the CBR food court and also in Tomorrowland. :D

Yeah! I remember eating them in Tomorrowland now!! Brings back memories... :)

Originally posted by Dalpal
what was it. a sandwitch that was shaped like a hand or something?

LOL! Now that would be interesting huh?! No, they were kinda like pita pockets (if my memory serves me...) Maybe more wrapped around though... They were a portable way to eat a sandwich with one hand. I wish I could see a picture of one now!

Wasn't it bread in a shape like a waffle cone, filled with sandwich stuff? I seem to remember having one of tuna salad...

Originally posted by ahutton
Wasn't it bread in a shape like a waffle cone, filled with sandwich stuff? I seem to remember having one of tuna salad...

Yeah, that could be how it was! I wish someone with an old photo would see this thread! :)

I remember the signs for them, never had one though.:earsboy:

Originally posted by suzannews
I worked in Tomorrowland at the time and sold them!!

Oh neat! So do you remember exactly what was in them and what they looked like? :) Do you know why they stopped making them? I'm going to start a "Bring back the Handwich!" campaign. lol ;)

Oooooh I remember those too! :D

Maybe they've been replaced by the turkey legs.

Originally posted by liznboys
Oh neat! So do you remember exactly what was in them and what they looked like? :) Do you know why they stopped making them? I'm going to start a "Bring back the Handwich!" campaign. lol ;)

We would take long loaves of French style bread, cut them in half across to make two halves and hollow out the middle so they would look like a cone. The fillings were tuna salad, chicken salad, taco beef and BBQ chicken. Making a guest appearance every once in a while was a shrimp and crab "seafood" salad. During the summer we also had an amborsia salad in a waffle cone. I liked the BBQ chicken the best. I don't know why they stopped making them. When I transferred to the Studios, I worked at the snack bar on NY street when you could only get there by taking the backlot tour, you couldn't just walk there. We had a cobb salad handwich for a while.

Oh the memories - I'll have to look through my old pics to see if I have a photo of one.

DW used to love the Tuna ones.

Originally posted by suzannews
We would take long loaves of French style bread, cut them in half across to make two halves and hollow out the middle so they would look like a cone. The fillings were tuna salad, chicken salad, taco beef and BBQ chicken. Making a guest appearance every once in a while was a shrimp and crab "seafood" salad. During the summer we also had an amborsia salad in a waffle cone. I liked the BBQ chicken the best. I don't know why they stopped making them. When I transferred to the Studios, I worked at the snack bar on NY street when you could only get there by taking the backlot tour, you couldn't just walk there. We had a cobb salad handwich for a while.

Ok I shouldn't have read this when I am hungry! LOL! I want one right now! I do remember now eating a seafood salad one, yummy... Thanks for the info.! :):)

Bring back the HANDWICH!!!!! :bounce: :bounce:

Originally posted by BONZO
Oh the memories - I'll have to look through my old pics to see if I have a photo of one.

DW used to love the Tuna ones.

Oh please do and post it if you have one! :) I looked through my old photos too and didn't have a pic of one. I'm on a mission now to find a Handwich photo. lol

We were just discussing our upcoming trip, and my boyfriend asked "Do they have handwiches?" We had them in Tomorrowland in 1992, and they had a vegetarian one...it was great, and when we went back the next year...they...were...GONE! It's never been the same since then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter