Hang In There Joan-May '14 TR-video links 2/2

shan23877

I make lists about my lists
Hang in There Joan

The mostly true story of 72 character meets, 54 snack credits, 19 table service meals, 14 sparkly dresses, and 1 princess

I’m Shannon- compulsive WDW planner, die hard Cubs fan, and reality TV watcher

My husband Bryan- WDW pack mule, avid golfer, and history buff

And this is Princess Maddie- budding WDW tour guide, ballerina, and Disney channel fan

My MiL joined us on this trip, and she may pop up from time to time in photos, but since I don't have her permission to post them on the interwebs I'm going to skip the photo intro of her for now

Hello Friends old and new! And welcome to my 4th Trip Report. This year’s trip took place May 1-10 and once again we stayed at Port Orleans Riverside in a Royal Guest Room. We used the Deluxe Dining Plan, and pre-purchased the memory maker package. This was our first experience with both magic bands and FP+.

Rather than bore those of you who have followed along with our adventures with the same old intros, I thought I’d include a helpful FAQ section

FAQs

ThatGuy79: Will this be an entertaining, well written trip report that’s updated on a regular basis?

Shan23877: Welcome ThatGuy! Unfortunately no. It will not be well written and though I strive to update once a week, I often fall short. Thanks for reading!

ThatGuy79: Will there at least be great photos?

Shan23877: I hate to disappoint you, but again probably not. I do have an expensive camera and I take lots of photos, but I have never bothered to learn how to use my camera and take most photos in the ‘auto’ setting. Thanks for joining in!

SkinnyMinnie768645: The deluxe dining plan is way too much food! Why would you ever do that?

Shan23877: Welcome Skinny! While the DxDP is not for everyone, we enjoy it! It affords us the chance to pre-pay for all of our meals so that we’re not worrying about cost all of the time. Without it we would likely never order an appetizer or dessert, and we’d probably skip the signature meals that we so enjoy. Thanks for reading!

SkinnyMinnie768645: Well if you insist on doing DxDP will your TR at least include comprehensive reviews of restaurants complete with photos of menus and meals?

Shan23877: So glad you’re here Skinny! And I'm gald you asked! While I did try to take photos at every meal, I failed on a few. I will do reviews of many WDW restaurants including: Fultons, CRT-lunch, BoG, dinner, Akershus, Via Napoli, the Yachtsman, HBD, H&V Star Wars dinner, the Plaza, Cali Grill, HDDR, TH, Y&Y, Artist Point, H&V breakfast, Coral Reef, Narcoossees, ‘Ohana breakfast, and Chef Mickey dinner. I can’t promise that they’ll be good though.

PurwhoFan: That’s a lot of character meets! Do you guys ever do any of the rides?

Shan23877: Hey there PurwhoFan! We do squeeze in a ride or two between Meet and Greets! In fact, on this trip we managed to do a few rides we’ve never done before!

BoysRule: Why on earth would any one need 14 princess dresses?

Shan23877: Welcome BR! Honestly I have no idea! Being a bit of a tomboy myself I’ve never taken 14 princess dresses anywhere! My daughter is a bit of a mystery to me, but thanks to Southwest’s 2 bags fly free policy we load ‘em up!

NeverSeenIt: Who is Joan? No one in your family seems to be named Joan.

Shan23877: Welcome aboard Never! I assume that you haven’t been treated to marathon viewings of Frozen? Check out Do You Want to Build a Snowman on youtube and I think you’ll catch it. Thanks to a certain 7 year old’s obsession with it we know all the words, and found ourselves saying that to her while we were waiting in lines and such. I’m sure I could have come up with a different title, but frankly I didn’t try that hard. Thanks for reading!

ThatGuy79: You won’t be doing your stupid Friends chapter titles again will you?

Shan23877: Hey again TG! Been seeing a lot of you around here! I will be using the Friends titles again, I sort of like them!

MKCommando7676: You say you met a lot of characters, you weren’t one of those people who stood in line to meet Anna and Elsa for 6 hours were you?

Shan23877: Welcome MKC! Glad you have you reading along! We did not. We had fastpasses. So there.

Up Next: We travel and eventually, arrive

Last edited:
Wow! I think I'm first to reply. That's a new one for me. Loved your last trip report and I look forward to reading about all your many character meets, meals and princess dresses!:cheer2:.

Don't you know you can count me in!~

Another fabulous trip report... And, you know it can't be bad!

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

Karen :yay::yay::yay:

Shan23877: Welcome ThatGuy! Unfortunately no. It will not be well written and though I strive to update once a week, I often fall short. Thanks for reading!
Well, you've got the regular update part right, but it definitely is well written. :thumbsup2

I do have an expensive camera and I take lots of photos, but I have never bothered to learn how to use my camera and take most photos in the ‘auto’ setting. Thanks for joining in!
:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Shan23877: So glad you’re here Skinny! And I'm gald you asked! While I did try to take photos at every meal, I failed on a few. I will do reviews of many WDW restaurants including: Fultons, CRT-lunch, BoG, dinner, Akershus, Via Napoli, the Yachtsman, HBD, H&V Star Wars dinner, the Plaza, Cali Grill, HDDR, TH, Y&Y, Artist Point, H&V breakfast, Coral Reef, Narcoossees, ‘Ohana breakfast, and Chef Mickey dinner. I can’t promise that they’ll be good though.
Can't promise what will be good? The meals or the reviews? :rotfl2::rotfl:

You know your reviews are always very good. Maybe not always positive, but always good. :thumbsup2

PurwhoFan: That’s a lot of character meets! Do you guys ever do any of the rides?

Shan23877: Hey there PurwhoFan! We do squeeze in a ride or two between Meet and Greets! In fact, on this trip we managed to do a few rides we’ve never done before!
:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl::lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Shan23877: Welcome aboard Never! I assume that you haven’t been treated to marathon viewings of Frozen? Check out Do You Want to Build a Snowman on youtube and I think you’ll catch it. Thanks to a certain 7 year old’s obsession with it we know all the words, and found ourselves saying that to her while we were waiting in lines and such. I’m sure I could have come up with a different title, but frankly I didn’t try that hard. Thanks for reading!

Believe it or not, my 4 year old knows just about all the lyrics to all of those songs... this one being his favorite. Yeah, I got your title. :rotfl2:

Shan23877: Welcome MKC! Glad you have you reading along! We did not. We had fastpasses. So there.
:headache: :sad2: I hate the idea of using FP for a character, but my hand might be forced on this one. :sad2:

You can count me in! I can't wait to read all about the latest adventures of Princess Maddie!

Bwahahaha! Loved your FAQs! I feel much more informed after reading them. :rotfl:

YAY SHANNON!!!! :cool1:

OMG that title... AWESOME!! :thumbsup2

OMG that first PP photo!!!! :rotfl:

O...M...G... AN FAQ!!!!!! :dance3:

OH-EM-GEE I AM SO IN!!! :yay: :woohoo:

Shannon, we just missed each other. Got back Sunday. Back on the Dis trying to write a trip report again. Hope you'll stop by.

Great start! I love the FAQ!

Yay!!!! Another fun trip report!! Can't wait to follow along! :) :thumbsup2

And "hang in there, Joan" is a motto for our family too!! :)

Love your FAQs! Very cute!
14 sparkly dresses? Very necessary!:lmao:
We loved :love: the DxDP! Sure it's lots of food, but the dining is a big part of our vacation. We like to try lots of things and the DxDP lets us do that with out worrying about the costs!

Can't wait for the report!

I'm here :)

I was really late following your last one, so excited to see this one right from the beginning.

Your intro is hilarious, and I think you're already off to a great start.

As always, Maddie looks adorable:goodvibes

Just wandering through.
Don't mind me.

Great first photo BTW.
Plus I liked the FAQ section.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter