• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hanging up my running shoes

I had not heard your story before. You are one badass amazing woman!

Amazing. Love the pink! Thank you for sharing your story. I have read so many inspirational posts over the last few days from this wonderful group of run-Disers. I am humbled and inspired. Have a great race, and can’t wait to hear all about it!!!

Wear that pink with pride! Go kick butt in Chicago!

Thank you all!

Would the pink shirt go with the sugar skull shorts??

Hmmmm. Well there's no pink in them just some red but I do like the idea of the pink with some bad*** sugar skulls. Close enough? And who really cares if they match??

What do you think?

Thank you all!

Hmmmm. Well there's no pink in them just some red but I do like the idea of the pink with some bad*** sugar skulls. Close enough? And who really cares if they match??

What do you think?
Nobody cares if they match! Also I don't remember hearing your story before either. So inspirational. You've earned the right to wear un-matching running outfits.

You are simply amazing. Both of my grandmothers have experienced breast cancer. Both survived (although one unfortunately lost a different battle with pancreatic cancer). You are going to kick Chicago's butt!

THIS IS IT!!
finishline.gif

We ran our last little training run this morning (with the exception of a short shake out run on Saturday),so it's game time, baby. Our flight leaves early tomorrow morning and we will soon be visiting the Windy City and running a race that's been on my bucket list a very long time.

I've been watching this video on a daily basis that @BikeFan posted in the Chicago thread. It's getting me totally pumped for this race.

So, goals...

I put that BHAG out there and while I'd still love to get that, I want to be sure that a sub-5:00 really remains the goal. So

Safety goal - Finish and just enjoy the experience. I know that's a bit of a cop out goal when I DO have a time goal but I've wanted to run this race so badly that I refuse to let a time goal steal my enjoyment. So, a finish is a WIN!
tumblr_m72s62arV71ranhnao1_500.gif

Primary goal - Sub 5:00 marathon. That would be a 20 minute improvement over my current PR, so that would be huge for me. The weather could be better, but it's not horrible either. Coach has given me a solid race strategy that seems manageable. I believe I can do this!
giphy.gif

Stretch goal - 4:45. If I can be disciplined in my pacing and the weather cooperates, maybe I can push myself and shave some time off that sub-5:00
200.gif

BHAG - 4:29:29. They don't call it a BHAG for nothin' right? It's probably impossible but...
slide111.jpg

Cheering for you and Chris! I love that you listed your categories of goals the way you did. I might need to borrow that: safety, primary, stretch, BHAG! :D Love it! Have a great race!!!

You are such an inspiration! Thank you for reminding me that I was supposed to schedule my annual mammogram last month. I will do it today!!

Go get that sub 5:00 girl!!!

GET IT GIRL!!! I knew your story already but every time I see it I remember what a bada** you are. So inspiring.
Also I think the pink and sugar skulls are perfect.

Love the outfit! (Have you seen Betty Designs? If you like skulls and butterflies, you might like them too!) Wishing you a great race!! :cheer2:

"Impossible things are happening every day." BRB while I tattoo this on my eyelids.

You are going to do amazing on your race!

I don't think any of your goals are impossible!! I am cheering for you extra hard this weekend!! Have the BEST time!!!
GO ZELLY AND CHRIS!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you!!

VICTORY LAP!

Thanks, Coach!! Same for you.

Cheering for you and Chris! I love that you listed your categories of goals the way you did. I might need to borrow that: safety, primary, stretch, BHAG! :D Love it! Have a great race!!!

I stole that way of listing them from someone else on here but loved it. Thanks!

IMO, “finish safely” is never a cop out goal for a freaking marathon.

GOOD LUCK!!
tenor.gif

Thank you!! No cop outs on a marathon. So true!

Best of luck on Saturday!

Thank you!

You are such an inspiration! Thank you for reminding me that I was supposed to schedule my annual mammogram last month. I will do it today!!

Go get that sub 5:00 girl!!!

Thank you and glad you got scheduled!

Good luck to you both! You're going to rock it, go get your goal! And have fun most of all!

Thank you so much!

GET IT GIRL!!! I knew your story already but every time I see it I remember what a bada** you are. So inspiring.
Also I think the pink and sugar skulls are perfect.

Thank you!!

Love the outfit! (Have you seen Betty Designs? If you like skulls and butterflies, you might like them too!) Wishing you a great race!! :cheer2:

I have seen those but never bought anything from them. Thank you.

Ok. Things are laid out for the race and my excitement/anxiety is increasing with each passing moment. :D

I've put pacing in my phone for each mile to try and stay on track for that sub-5. Working to remain confident and get that eye-of-the-tiger determination I need.

Headed out for an early dinner soon and then hoping we can get to sleep early to be ready. I've worked hard over the last many months and now it's go-time. Thanks to all for the support. If you want to track me it's bib#60774.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter