Hanging up my running shoes

(you can see the accuracy of my calculations by the use of decimal points!)
:rotfl2:
I love how deeply and completely you surrendered to the Taper Week Crazies!!! You are so ready for this Race. You are giving yourself TONS of options for outcomes. GO FOR IT!! You have done the work, your training has been strong. I am so excited to hear how it goes :)

I am not sure why you worry! You are strong and you got this...I predict you will be under a 10:00 per mile pace; I say 9:48 per mile pace!

View attachment 273349
That is right folks you heard it here first!

Your predictions don't count because you are my husband. However, since you are running with me, I guess you are at least partially responsible for keeping me on pace!

:rotfl2:
I love how deeply and completely you surrendered to the Taper Week Crazies!!! You are so ready for this Race. You are giving yourself TONS of options for outcomes. GO FOR IT!! You have done the work, your training has been strong. I am so excited to hear how it goes :)

Oh, I've surrendered...

I think I'm ready. Thanks for believing!!

And now for the REALLY important question!

Miranda-Tears-Her-Down-After-Barely-Looking-Her.gif

What shall I wear?
And now the moment you've all been waiting for. The Choosing of the OUTFIT!!!

fd40b83abd1ba4a3680cb45dcbf8cea6.gif

Temperature for the race right now looks lovely. Temp will be low 50s at start time of 7:30 with a dew point of 45. Temps in the low 60s at finish and dew point of 46. YAY!! So, clothes choices will be shorts/skirt and a tech tee. We might bring along a mylar wrap or garbage bags for corral warmth, although we shouldn't have to stand in the corrals for too terribly long.

First selection:

Calavera shorts with tech tee - I'm not so good with pattern matching, so just going with solid tops here.

Second selection:

Mejiro shorts with tech tee -

Third selection:

Bee skirt with tech tee -

I'm leaning toward the Calavera choice since I just love those shorts so much. Plus the skull makes me think fall and Halloween to some degree. I love the look of the bee skirt and love the yellow and black, but the shorts on the skirt can ride up some in the early miles of a run until I build up a sweat and with my go for almost broke approach, I probably don't need any distractions. I also really like the Mejiro shorts and they fit pretty much exactly like Calavera, but just not as fun and flamboyant.

I had also originally planned to wear these newer shoes as well.

These are new Freedom ISO Saucony shoes I bought a few weeks ago. I've worn them a few times and while I LOVE the way the sole feels and the springiness of the foam, it's not fully comfortable on my big toes. So, don't want to worry about that causing a problem on a longer race. I have two other pair of Saucony Kinvaras that still have life in them, so I'll just stick with one of those.

So, here's your chance to weigh in. What should Gisele wear for her PR-breaking run?

I love your Calvera shorts. Those would be my choice.

Oh and just to say good luck on Sunday. I'm sure you've got this.

Last edited:

I second your own leanings towards the Calavera's...and no shoes that cause even the remotest sensations of discomfort.

I like the bee skirt because then you can add "beeeeelieve in yourself" (say it in the same voice that Genie told Aladdin to "Beeeee himself.") to your list of mantras. At least, that was my first reaction.

I'm so excited to see what you do this weekend! You're going to have a fantastic race, and I can't wait to hear about it.

I don't think it's stupid at all. I think you're more than capable of running a 2:15 or faster. Hold your 10s as long as you can, and then for another mile past that. We've always got one more mile at pace in us, even if we think we don't. :)
Yup, always have that "one more mile" in reserve, PLUS the fast last mile because you're all like "Hey I'm almost done!"

I like the Calavera too because it reminds me of tequila.
Gep9D.gif

Love the bees (b/c it reminds me of Winnie the Pooh!), but have to admit: function first! Go for whatever is most comfortable with the go for broke approach!!! You are going to have a great race! Can't wait to hear how it goes! Have fun!!!

I love your Calvera shorts. Those would be my choice.

Oh and just to say good luck on Sunday. I'm sure you've got this.

I second your own leanings towards the Calavera's...and no shoes that cause even the remotest sensations of discomfort.

I like the bee skirt because then you can add "beeeeelieve in yourself" (say it in the same voice that Genie told Aladdin to "Beeeee himself.") to your list of mantras. At least, that was my first reaction.

I'm so excited to see what you do this weekend! You're going to have a fantastic race, and I can't wait to hear about it.

Whatever is the most comfortable/functional if you’re going for broke...so not Bee.

That was my opinion too! The bee might be hot even if you have cool weather if the sun is out.

giphy.gif

Plus the bright yellow shirt screams "GET OUT OF MY WAY!!!!"

Yup, always have that "one more mile" in reserve, PLUS the fast last mile because you're all like "Hey I'm almost done!"

I like the Calavera too because it reminds me of tequila.
Gep9D.gif

Love the bees (b/c it reminds me of Winnie the Pooh!), but have to admit: function first! Go for whatever is most comfortable with the go for broke approach!!! You are going to have a great race! Can't wait to hear how it goes! Have fun!!!

Thanks, everyone. Calavera it is!!

But no tequila.

The Carlavera shorts are awesome- great choice!!

Your hard training is going to pay off tomorrow! I’m excited for you- have a great race!!! Enjoy!!

Maybe after???
I'm thinking a beer instead!

Good Luck at your race!!!!

The Carlavera shorts are awesome- great choice!!

Your hard training is going to pay off tomorrow! I’m excited for you- have a great race!!! Enjoy!!

I'm super late to this, and love the bees but agree comfort wins! Wishing you a great run tomorrow! :)

Thanks so much everybody. Calavera and accessories are all laid out and ready to go! Feeling good and ready to do this thing.

One other item I haven't shared yet... first I need to share this video (don't worry it's short)

So that's Jens Voigt who is a retired cyclist who now commentates for the Tour de France and "shut up legs" a rather well-known saying of his. My daughter, Paige, knows I love listening to Jens and love this saying. Recently we were at our local running store and she came running over to me so excited because she had found me something special and now it's safely attached to my shoe and hopefully the sound of Jens in my ear along with all your well wishes will carry me through!!

IMG_4357.JPG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter