• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Happiest Celebration on Earth Swap?!?? for anyone

MyLittlePiglet

DIS Veteran
Okay here is the deal. I have never done a swap, but have read almost every thread on this board and think I can manage to do one if it is small. So..... There were two reponses: potterphreak and mickeyfan2 to a Happiest Celebration on Earth swap. If everyone can promise to be patient and kind with me I would like to host it. Here is the clincher... I cannot manage a huge swap so this would be limited to 12 people. If I have 12 people with interest I will post rules and what not and collectively we can vote on a due date. The one comment I would like to solict from people as they sign up is the colors for Happiest Celebration on Earth seemed to be red, blue, and gold. Did we want to say that those where the primary colors to be used in swap? Pleae post you sign up onto this thread that way I can just take the first 11 people, no disagreement over who is in and who is out.

Thanks
M

PS once I get everyone's name I will post list of 12 and a request to sent me your real names and addresses. Thanks again I have my figures crossed.

I am interested! Sign me up, of course!! I am in even if there isn't 12 people interested. How about 5 of us? LOL We can make more things if there are less of us.
:-D

Either way, I am in for this swap, definitely. If you need any help co-hosting it or whatnot I am down for that as well. I have never hosted a swap before either and I think it would be great to learn it together (if you are interested, of course!)

:Pinkbounc :banana: :cool1: :bounce:

I'm in but might need some help on figuring out what kindof themes we would make or would they need to be just colors? I think this was for both the Disneyland and WDW people so we don't want to do anything that is specific to just one park.

Potterphreak- I already had you listed, the huge purple yes kinda tipped me off you wre in :)

To reply to the person who said that this is a theme in both parks, yes it can cover both parks. We could keep the item characters only that way it is not specfic to either park. I wouldn't want to do just colors, but was suggesting maybe we suggest the primary colors of elements be the gold, red, or blue. It all depends on how everyone else feels.

As to due date my original thought was the end of June, but am open to suggestions. How does everyone feel about that?

So far we have interest from
1. MyLittlePiglet (me)
2.potterphreak
3. mickeyfan2
4. pixiedust
5. yodasmom
6. jennyL

I also have no problem hosting this with less than 12, but then the date would definately be later. Let's give it some time and see you bites :)

I'd be interested if we could push the due date to maybe the middle of July???? That just makes it easier for me b/c school would be out, but maybe that's just me?? :confused3

me, me, me!!!!! but i need to know what exactly i should be making. and the due date too. and then, can i decide then? i'm sorry!! i'm in a swap already, and just wanted to make sure i can handle all that. cuz i'd like to be part of this too...sounds fun! :flower:

Those interested let's brainstorm ideas. . ..

The castle is the same for both parks? I know some of the lands are the same, but not which ones.

Certain rides are the same......

But what about these this make the connection to the Happiest Celebration of Earth? Color theme?

I know there are very creative people out there so let's figure this out! :)

I have nine people interested so far, some depending on date. I do not see any reason why we could not push due date to mid-July. I was selfishly hoping earlier becuase I have a trip at the end of May and was hoping to not have to wait too long. :( But again July works.

Those who would need more guidance on elements that what this post is trying to address. Let's see what my Happiest Celebration on Earh packet I bought in Disney has....

Not too much I am afraid. Logo stickers, character stickers... most in "fancy clothing," photoframes with Happiest Celebration on Earth written, photocorners, and a few papers. We can do better, I guess that is why I suggested theme in the first place.

Okay everyone else's turn to brainstorm.

The castles aren't the same. WDW has Cinderella Castle, while at DL it is Sleeping Beauty.

Lands that are the same: Main Street, Adventureland, Frontierland, Fantasyland, Tomorrowland

Part of the celebration were "gifts" from park to park, so Epcot got Soarin' (which is at DCA), DL got Buzz Lightyear (which is at MK), although the name is slightly different (Buzz Lightyear Astroblasters vs Space Ranger Spin), both parks got Turtle Talk

Both parks have the Partners statue, so something to do with Walt would be appropriate.

Perhaps certain words could be incorportated: magic, imagination, wishes, memories

edit: expanding on this...the 50th souvenier book they made for DL, is organized by chapters - Dreams, traditions, surprises, adventure, fun, thrills, music, secrets, enchantment, forever dreaming. Maybe pick a word and a character to incorporate?

And I would be interested in participating. :)

I was thinking about the new attractions specifically for the 50th year. Like Cinderellabration ahd what not. But again I have no idea what is at DL.

I like Hope's idea about using the chapter headings as inspiration.

Any other suggestions?

BTW 11 now so one more spot.

Could we pick characters for each decade of Disney? Hmm not sure each decade has a corresponding character. My first thought was Snow White... but the movie was way before the parks. Just thinking out loud sorry.

I like the headings suggestion. I don't really like the idea of making our items character specific. There are always character swaps and I think that for this, it should be a little more general. Just my opinion! :confused3

i've never been to wdw, only to dl...so maybe this wouldn't be a good thing for me to join?

i like the heading/words...and trying to create something from there? but then again...i don't know what that "something" would be! :flower:

I like the idea of using the words. Maybe everyone could select a word for their title and then could create something else to go with it that would coordinate for the page.

Since the castles are both decorated maybe we could use just Castle as the title for that one.

How many elements are we thinking each person should make?

I think the July time frame works well for a due date. I'm moving sometime in June but I can work around that if we need them to be due then.

Did I make the twelve? I wanna be in if possible!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter