Happiest Haunts Tour - yay or nay?

Just got back and wanted to give a review of the tour for everyone. This was my first tour at DL but I’ve done many tours at WDW.

I’ll cut to the chase first and then explain more in detail. Not worth it. Honestly, the only reason I would do this tour is for the reserved spot for the projection show at the end of the night. Even then, it’s a pretty small section albeit a great view. Standing room only.

So details on the tour (spoilers) : We had a very sweet guide but you can tell she was still trying to get it all memorized. You walk around the park and the guide will tell you some Disney history, most of it I knew, a few things were new to me though. She also told ghost stories, seemed kind of odd and slightly awkward. She really did try to do her best I just dont think it was a great tour/script. You will ride on POtC, get a cookie and a pin.

So if it was me, knowing what I know now, I would cancel. Sorry to be a bummer!!!! I’ve adored all the other tours I’ve done at WDW, so I’m sad to give a bad review. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for your review! Did they do the photo op? Where was the viewing? Could you see the projections and Zero well? That is the most important aspects for me. I am willing to keep mine if the photo happens and we have a good view. My husband is not going to be willing to wait for a good spot and I invariably end up with a giant standing in front of me right before the shows start.

Just got back and wanted to give a review of the tour for everyone. This was my first tour at DL but I’ve done many tours at WDW.

I’ll cut to the chase first and then explain more in detail. Not worth it. Honestly, the only reason I would do this tour is for the reserved spot for the projection show at the end of the night. Even then, it’s a pretty small section albeit a great view. Standing room only.

So details on the tour (spoilers) : We had a very sweet guide but you can tell she was still trying to get it all memorized. You walk around the park and the guide will tell you some Disney history, most of it I knew, a few things were new to me though. She also told ghost stories, seemed kind of odd and slightly awkward. She really did try to do her best I just dont think it was a great tour/script. You will ride on POtC, get a cookie and a pin.

So if it was me, knowing what I know now, I would cancel. Sorry to be a bummer!!!! I’ve adored all the other tours I’ve done at WDW, so I’m sad to give a bad review. Let me know if you have any questions.
This is a bummer, though the biggest draw for me is the reserved viewing, so glad to hear that was a great location! How early did you arrive in the area, and was it overly crowded? We don’t go until next month, so hopefully they’ll have the script down then by then. Appreciate the honest review!!!

Anyone know if you can pay with a gift card when you check in and get a refund to your og payment? I was in such a hurry to book it I didn't enter the gift card and that's how I should have paid ughhh

Thanks for your review! Did they do the photo op? Where was the viewing? Could you see the projections and Zero well? That is the most important aspects for me. I am willing to keep mine if the photo happens and we have a good view. My husband is not going to be willing to wait for a good spot and I invariably end up with a giant standing in front of me right before the shows start.
Yes they did do the photo op and it was right at the very beginning of the tour. As far as zero, yes you could see him perfectly!

In regards to check in for the viewing, we were told to check in no earlier than 8:30pm for the 9:30pm show. We actually were there at 8pm just in case they checked in early, they did not. We were the first to check in and went all the way to the end and front of our viewing area. There’s a set of garbage cans there that we kind of leaned on. Just know that the viewing area is raised up just slightly, like a curb height up from the “public” viewing area. So the people not in our area are still right in front of you, of course we had a dad that put his very large kid on his shoulders in front of us.

Our reserved area is right next to the VIP/club 33 seated viewing area, so a very good reserved area. I will say if you aren’t there an hour to 45 min before, you will probably be at the other side of the tour viewing area which does have some obstructed views. If you want the prime center spot, be there at the 1 hour before mark. Check in and the reserved area is right next to the Turkey leg cart in front of the castle.

Also be aware that some nights have fireworks and projections Some nights just have projections. Our night was only projections, if I would do it over I would only book the tour on the night with both!

Thank you! We could only get the tour on a non fireworks night, but we will keep it for the photo op and seating. Thank you for all the tips and info, it is really helpful!
We also have WOC booked, glad you liked that as well.
Thanks for updating and sharing your experience.

Thank you! We could only get the tour on a non fireworks night, but we will keep it for the photo op and seating. Thank you for all the tips and info, it is really helpful!
Also for WOC, you will get your wrist band first earlier. They will tell you to be back at a certain time by the water wheel, for us it was be back at 8pm. When we got back at like 7:50, there were already about 30 people lined up. We had table 18, great high top table with great view. Here’s a view from our table. We kind of thought we had one of the best tables to be honest!

Attachments

• IMG_6659.jpeg
    IMG_6659.jpeg
    65.5 KB · Views: 28
I was looking into this as well. I don't believe there is seating for the projection/fireworks, just standing if I read the review correctly.

I was looking into this as well. I don't believe there is seating for the projection/fireworks, just standing if I read the review correctly.
You’re correct, no seating you can only stand in the tour reserved area. But it’s right next to the VIP sitting area (just so people know where it’s located).

This picture has me HYPED. My tour is on a fireworks night (barring weather issues of course), and this view is fantastic. I'm usually too busy to camp out for a good fireworks view in front of the castle, and usually do main street or most recently Rivers of America so this might be worth the price of the tour alone. (Well, that and the photo op, as a Haunted Mansion stan, I'm excited for that.)

Was it a generic pin or was there a specific character on it?

Some years ago it was Maleficent and my Maleficent collecting friend had a very hard time getting it. So I might sacrifice myself for the view and the pin if it is a good one. ;)

Was it a generic pin or was there a specific character on it?

Some years ago it was Maleficent and my Maleficent collecting friend had a very hard time getting it. So I might sacrifice myself for the view and the pin if it is a good one. ;)

I'm sure @kappyfamily can confirm or deny, but this is the picture I've seen of this year's pin. Commemorates the 100th with the years on it.

1694296474522.png

Standing is fine, I just meant reserved area. Thank you for letting me know, fortunately that is not an issue for us.

We did the tour today and we're allowed to sit in the viewing area at the moment, I'll expect we'll have to stand with everyone else once the show begins. The view is awesome, it's worth the money for this alone.

Haunted Mansion photo op was so cool too but otherwise, the tour itself wasn't too exciting.. We had a great tour guide but I was a bit bored. I've never done a tour before though so that could just be a me problem. We were looking longingly at the rides as we passed them. 😆

Worth it for that fireworks view though! Here's the view right now from where I'm sitting in the viewing section.

Attachments

• IMG_2973.jpeg
    IMG_2973.jpeg
    52.2 KB · Views: 27
We did the tour today and we're allowed to sit in the viewing area at the moment, I'll expect we'll have to stand with everyone else once the show begins. The view is awesome, it's worth the money for this alone.

Haunted Mansion photo op was so cool too but otherwise, the tour itself wasn't too exciting.. We had a great tour guide but I was a bit bored. I've never done a tour before though so that could just be a me problem. We were looking longingly at the rides as we passed them. 😆

Worth it for that fireworks view though! Here's the view right now from where I'm sitting in the viewing section.
Awesome and thank you so much for the updates. Appears there are just enough positives to keep the reservation.

Looks like most of us are in this for the viewing of the fireworks. We've done the 630pm sitting smack dab at the center of the castle thing on the grate in front of the plaque waiting for the fireworks.

How many rows back from the rope is the viewing spot? Is it elevated on the curb? Looks like you have an amazing view, did everyone in the Happiest Haunts reserved section have similar views (how bad is the worst view)?

Also, I have a reservation for Friday 9/15 around the 4pm hour I am going to dump. I can coordinate with someone on this board if they are interested. Just DM and we can coordinate.

Awesome and thank you so much for the updates. Appears there are just enough positives to keep the reservation.

Looks like most of us are in this for the viewing of the fireworks. We've done the 630pm sitting smack dab at the center of the castle thing on the grate in front of the plaque waiting for the fireworks.

How many rows back from the rope is the viewing spot? Is it elevated on the curb? Looks like you have an amazing view, did everyone in the Happiest Haunts reserved section have similar views (how bad is the worst view)?

Also, I have a reservation for Friday 9/15 around the 4pm hour I am going to dump. I can coordinate with someone on this board if they are interested. Just DM and we can coordinate.
If you go back a few posts you will see my lengthy review that should help answer some questions for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter