Happily Ever After crowds

LandoBlanco

Mouseketeer
Wondering if anybody has any insight on getting a good spot at the MK fireworks. We're going in late September so we're hoping crowds are a little smaller, but there are fewer nights with Happily Ever After because of the Halloween party. We don't have a lot of interest in a dessert party but are considering it if it means a better view of the fireworks. Thoughts?

Wondering if anybody has any insight on getting a good spot at the MK fireworks. We're going in late September so we're hoping crowds are a little smaller, but there are fewer nights with Happily Ever After because of the Halloween party. We don't have a lot of interest in a dessert party but are considering it if it means a better view of the fireworks. Thoughts?

Even though over all crowd levels are lower in Sept, unfortunately, the number of parties in Sept makes the days MK does have HEA VERY crowded. I don't know that a dessert party is worth it if you have no interest in the desserts. That's a lot of money to pay for a spot.

It's an hour - 2 hours of your life. That was our experience the week after Thanksgiving last year, and I don't think it matters what night it is. The projections make getting a good spot more important than ever. We waited almost 2 hours one night, and my daughter still couldn't see half the show.

Dessert party is in our future, which makes me ill b/c of the cost to see something free, but I don't want to waste all that time again, only to be squished and have a child unable to see the show. I swore I'd never pay for a dessert party until this experience. I left saying we are paying for the party next time.

Our experience is very different. We were there mid-May. We arrived 20-30 minutes before the show; it was me, my husband, my 8 year old son, and 5 year old daughter, who was in a stroller. We had an extremely nice vantage point both times we watched the show. Just don't be afraid to fill in the gaps once everyone stands up. We would never wait an hour or more to watch a show, and we would never pay that kind of money for the dessert party. Even the people around us were very generous with making sure my kiddos could still see. Maybe we just got really lucky. Twice. :)

Last edited:
So... we were there in December. Like in September, there are limited nights to see HEA due to all those party nights. We went without the dessert party. It was madness and we could barely see the projections — even if you think you might have a decent view, once it starts people hold up their phones, cameras and kids. I probably saw more of the show through someone’s phone ...

We did the dessert party another night and it was so worth it. My family is not huge on desserts and would have preferred something like appetizers instead. My daughter commented that the squares of cheese were her favorite thing there. My son fell asleep in the stroller and missed the whole thing (we did stash some snacks for him to have the next day). All that being said, it was such a relief to just sit back on the grass in the reserved area, relax and see the show for that one night!

On other nights, we just watched the fireworks from GF (where we were staying). Although we couldn’t see the projections, I was not going to fight those crowds again with our little kids.

It's an hour - 2 hours of your life. That was our experience the week after Thanksgiving last year, and I don't think it matters what night it is. The projections make getting a good spot more important than ever. We waited almost 2 hours one night, and my daughter still couldn't see half the show.

Dessert party is in our future, which makes me ill b/c of the cost to see something free, but I don't want to waste all that time again, only to be squished and have a child unable to see the show. I swore I'd never pay for a dessert party until this experience. I left saying we are paying for the party next time.

I think we will splurge for the dessert party, I have the worst luck at any sort of concert etc I am a little on the short side and it never fails someone comes in front of me with a big hat or a phone up so I can't see or kids on their shoulders so they can see... ugh...

Our experience is very different. We were there mid-May. We arrived 20-30 minutes before the show; it was me, my husband, my 8 year old son, and 5 year old daughter, who was in a stroller. We had an extremely nice vantage point both times we watched the show. Just don't be afraid to fill in the gaps once everyone stands up. We would never wait an hour or more to watch a show, and we would never pay that kind of money for the dessert party. Even the people around us were very generous with making sure my kiddos could still see. Maybe we just got really lucky. Twice. :)

One thing to remember is that in May, there were no parties at MK almost every other day that funnelled many more guests into the Hub to watch HEA during the few nights of the week it was showing.

One thing to remember is that in May, there were no parties at MK almost every other day that funnelled many more guests into the Hub to watch HEA during the few nights of the week it was showing.

True. I hadn't thought of that. We were also there in Oct during MNSSHP season and again didn't have any trouble, but it was just DH and I, no kids, and no strollers.

I can't help for HEA per se, but we got a great spot for Wishes in 2016. It was a lower crowd time (February) and we were walking around the hub about 20 minutes before the show, not even looking for a spot. We noticed the tape on the ground, and it came to a point right behind a garbage can. No one was standing there, so we went. It was great because no one could squeeze their way in, and we had a great castle view. I'm sure people avoided it because of the garbage can, but it actually was a nice leaning spot haha. Now if it was dirty and overflowing we may not have stayed, but it worked out perfectly. I don't know if we just had luck or what, because we didn't watch the show the rest of the trip, but I'd recommend looking for a spot like that.

We were there in November and April We found without being part of a party, being near Caseys in the middle of the street as close to the taped off area as possible was a good view. That area is good, but if you are a good way back from the taped off area, people can stand in front of you and ruin your view. Also around the hub, close to the fences has seemed to be a good area.

We have learned that literally 5 minutes before they start (at 9:10) all the space the CMs keep open and wont allow you to stand in they then tell people to push forward and cover all additional space. So if you time it right you can literally walk right into a good spot- of course, you will also likely anger anyone who has been sitting for an hour to see it who sees you walk right up.

We have learned that literally 5 minutes before they start (at 9:10) all the space the CMs keep open and wont allow you to stand in they then tell people to push forward and cover all additional space. So if you time it right you can literally walk right into a good spot- of course, you will also likely anger anyone who has been sitting for an hour to see it who sees you walk right up.

This is why a legit physical fight almost broke out in front of us last year. We thought they were going to go, right there in the hub.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter