Happily Ever After Fireworks Timing

123SA

DIS Veteran
Aug 13 (week Halloween parties start), Fireworks at 9pm, park close 10pm

What time should I plan to be in the hub?

And, is the other garden area open for viewing to anyone? (opposite the dessert party)

Thanks for your help

I would be in the hub at least an hour prior. The garden in front of Casey’s is reserved for VIP tours, so it is not open to general park ticket holders.

That's a shame. Fireworks should be for everyone, every night.
The Halloween party started in 1995 and the Christmas party started in 1983. These have been hugely successful and popular for Disney over the decades.

The Halloween party started in 1995 and the Christmas party started in 1983. These have been hugely successful and popular for Disney over the decades.
I know. But I still feel like if you bought a ticket to the MK, you should be able to see the fireworks before leaving. Unless it can't be helped of course. Disney would love nothing more than to have every single day of the year priced like party nights and such.

I agree that there are too many hard ticketed evening events BUT I understand they sell quite well so while my preference is fewer parties I understand the market disagrees.

Please take this thread back to the initial question about what time to arrive in the hub for fireworks. Future posts trying to convince others what you believe will be deleted and possible points awarded. Time to move in.

Thank you.

Because of the Halloween parties, there will not be FW every night so your night will be even more crowded.
I would say 90 minutes. 7:30.
90 minutes seems excessive for September. We were there September 30, 2021, the last night of HEA. Most crowded I’ve ever seen the hub and Main Street, they had to close MK to hoppers around 5pm.

We still easily found a spot on the hub an hour before, here’s why: An hour before is when all the people who have set up their mini campsites with blankets and cushions laying all over the ground, are asked to stand up and stop treating MK like a giant refugee encampment. It’s amazing how much space opens up.

I was at MK a couple of weeks ago and got to the hub about an hour before HEA. I was alone, so it was pretty easy to work my way through the crowd and find a place to stand, but I'm not sure that a group of 2 or 3 or 4 people would have had such an easy time.

So I'd say 75 minutes before showtime should work out well.

I've seen the fireworks many times without grabbing a spot ahead. If you want to get to the hub an hour early, then you should do that. Many people do the same.

I've walked up when they've started and have been able to see everything just fine. The last time I stood at the break that crosses the street between Casey's and The Plaza. They keep that pathway clear for people crossing the street. I was in the back of the crowd on the castle side of the break. I walked up behind people (there was plenty of room) and could see everything just fine. I've also watched from back by the train station with little to no people. Just wanted to let you know that you don't have to get there an hour ahead if you don't want to.

It depends on where you want to stand for the fireworks.

We have our favorite spot that requires us to be there about 90 minutes before the show. We take turns walking away from the spot to use the bathroom or get a snack if we want it. Someone is always in that spot the entire time - we feel very strongly about being in our awesome location 🙂👍🏻

It depends on where you want to stand for the fireworks.

We have our favorite spot that requires us to be there about 90 minutes before the show. We take turns walking away from the spot to use the bathroom or get a snack if we want it. Someone is always in that spot the entire time - we feel very strongly about being in our awesome location 🙂👍🏻

Curious where this spot is!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter