Happily Ever After - Live Event on Disney Parks Blog - Yes or No

Watch live event of Happily Ever After debut

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
well i've now watched the dis version about 15 times....
and i'm totally hooked and emotional over the new show..
even crying when the guy tells us to go out and make our happily ever happen for ourselves...

so i'd say two thumbs up up up!! :)

I believe "the guy" is Mr Freeny from Boy Meets World - so definitely good advice!

The show looks absolutely amazing, the orchestra top notch, but the singers make me want to block my ears.

I feel the same way, I just could not get past that singing; very harsh. Such a fabulous orchestra too, not sure what Disney was thinking. I enjoyed the show; it was exciting, but the sentimentality that was present in Wishes, was not there for me.

I streamed it live in New England but I am looking forward to seeing it live in September. For my review... Its Disney and of course its wonderful, amazing technology however for me at 46 I miss having a connection to Walt. A little Dumbo was nice but a bit crazy not seeing or hearing any Mickey and I agree with the person that said missing Jiminy Cricket. Amazing technology but the simplicity that touches the heart as a Disney fan I think was sadly missing.
I am one that mentioned missing Jiminy. However beyond fantastic and philharmagic Mickey doesn't really appear in any of the firework shows.

I am one that mentioned missing Jiminy. However beyond fantastic and philharmagic Mickey doesn't really appear in any of the firework shows.

was jiminy one of the stained glass windows just before the finale? there is so many of them I keep finding more but a few classic characters in them.

This is what I got. Best 360 video out there (even with youtube killing the quality). scroll around to see what it looks like around hub

this is amazing - watching people's faces as they watch happily ever after..
i faced backwards through the whole video to watch the people's reactions...so fun!!
i've watched the dis version so many times, i knew what they were watching...
i highly recommend watching the people standing behind this camera....their reactions are so wonderful i was crying like a baby...i know, i'm weird!!

Last edited:
this is amazing - watching people's faces as they watch happily ever after..
i faced backwards through the whole video to watch the people's reactions...so fun!!
i've watched the dis version so many times, i knew what they were watching...
i highly recommend watching the people standing behind this camera....their reactions are so wonderful i was crying like a baby...i know, i'm weird!!

Now I feel bad for getting lazy and not putting up the better color corrected version where you can see in the darker spots better, although youtube knocked it down a lot when they processed it. most of the people surrounding me are cast members. Some from resorts, sanitation, friends of characters and princesses, even a freedom boat captain. A few popular sites and some scattered other guests as well. A behind the castle video I took tonight should be up in the next couple hours. They dont' reduce the lighting but it was mostly people who didn't know there is projections so it's interesting to see them react to the songs and fireworks. tomorrow is my pandora preview slot, that should be interesting in 360.

Now I feel bad for getting lazy and not putting up the better color corrected version where you can see in the darker spots better, although youtube knocked it down a lot when they processed it. most of the people surrounding me are cast members. Some from resorts, sanitation, friends of characters and princesses, even a freedom boat captain. A few popular sites and some scattered other guests as well. A behind the castle video I took tonight should be up in the next couple hours. They dont' reduce the lighting but it was mostly people who didn't know there is projections so it's interesting to see them react to the songs and fireworks. tomorrow is my pandora preview slot, that should be interesting in 360.

that makes sense...i didn't just watch the groups right behind - also off to the side there was a guy who had wonderful reactions to everything..

what was really fun - in the big finish, there are so many people with their hands on their chest in a sort of prayer position...so interesting...
and those who don't have them on their chests in prayer, have their hands on their faces in the OH MY GOD position...so cool..

i just loved watching all their reactions...

and the huge smiles on their faces throughout..

where were you standing? at the front of the inner area of the hub?

where do you think we should try to stand when we're there in august?
we'll be a group of 8, including two very young toddlers...
i was thinking we should try for the front of the inner hub...
DD and i sat there the last time we were at WDW (2 years ago)...what was really nice, everyone stayed sitting down...i'd never watched wishes while sitting, with everyone around me sitting...(and no babies on shoulders)..it was sooooooooooooo nice....best view ever..
but i'm guessing that's not possible with HEA...

now that i've seen the videos of HEA, i'm rethinking our schedule....
we'll be there for 3 weeks, but i had us visiting MK 4 times...
i think we'll have to increase that....or certainly come back at night just to see HEA....
and it's funny i'm saying that as i was one of the people who was angry that disney was replacing wishes!!
but clearly i was wrong...this new show is outstanding!!!

that makes sense...i didn't just watch the groups right behind - also off to the side there was a guy who had wonderful reactions to everything..

He's the freedom boat captain :)

where were you standing? at the front of the inner area of the hub?

where do you think we should try to stand when we're there in august?
we'll be a group of 8, including two very young toddlers...

i was thinking we should try for the front of the inner hub...
DD and i sat there the last time we were at WDW (2 years ago)...what was really nice, everyone stayed sitting down...i'd never watched wishes while sitting, with everyone around me sitting...(and no babies on shoulders)..it was

It has to be very empty for them to let you sit. That's not going to happen for awhile. I would go into the old fastpass area just in front of casey's. It's the highest point on main street and most think it's special seating so they avoid it, it's usually empty enough to sit and once the big crowd forms, nobody can figure out how to get through the crowd to get into it.

I was directly next to the partner statue (walt and mickey statue). you cant' zoom a 360 camera so I tend to need to be closer than most. That was the only spot I could find where I had a decent view between, over and around poles, plants and all the stuff that blocks the castle view so I could see the in the hub newer towers which I knew had projections on them. The camera is almost 7 1/2 feet in the air over everyone which makes it higher than the hanging plants to see over them. I was ready to kill the disney blog for putting a person standing over everyone with a big honking camera that blocked part of my view.

He's the freedom boat captain :)

It has to be very empty for them to let you sit. That's not going to happen for awhile. I would go into the old fastpass area just in front of casey's. It's the highest point on main street and most think it's special seating so they avoid it, it's usually empty enough to sit and once the big crowd forms, nobody can figure out how to get through the crowd to get into it.

I was directly next to the partner statue (walt and mickey statue). you cant' zoom a 360 camera so I tend to need to be closer than most. That was the only spot I could find where I had a decent view between, over and around poles, plants and all the stuff that blocks the castle view so I could see the in the hub newer towers which I knew had projections on them. The camera is almost 7 1/2 feet in the air over everyone which makes it higher than the hanging plants to see over them. I was ready to kill the disney blog for putting a person standing over everyone with a big honking camera that blocked part of my view.

are you talking about that boom camera that was swinging around and taking really awful shots for disney's live streaming?
i noticed the boom when i watched the dis version..
i watched your version backwards, so no boom :)

i think i'll still try for that inner hub....probably impossible with the two toddlers..
but i'd like to be close enough to actually see the castle projections...i'm not sure i'll be able to see them from casey's..
i know what you're talking about as i viewed wishes from the casey area once with my mom and sister...
i had them sit down while we waited for wishes...

anyway, we're really excited about august...
DD and i were there more recently, but the rest of the family hasn't been since 2011....
we picked 2017 as the year for the big family visit back in 2011....who knew there'd be so many exciting new things to see!!!

Taking this from a comment over on Youtube, because it puts it in words better than I can. Especially before my morning coffee

If that's what they were going for, they did not achieve it. There is no story to it. Its a random mashup of clips of videos and then a weird attempt to bring it together at the end. It's very poorly done.

That reads like some film major waxing poetic about the "real" meaning behind something he has seen, things no one else would ever say or "see" watching the same film.

If that's what they were going for, they did not achieve it. There is no story to it. Its a random mashup of clips of videos and then a weird attempt to bring it together at the end. It's very poorly done.

That reads like some film major waxing poetic about the "real" meaning behind something he has seen, things no one else would ever say or "see" watching the same film.

To each their own then. I found it well put together and easy to follow, hardly a random mashup of clips.

the dis video of this is outstanding!!!
don't bother with any of the other videos..
the dis has a perfect view and is in extremely high quality...

after watching the dis version, i definitely think the show is pretty awesome...
really nice coordination of the projections, lighting and fireworks....nicely done...

watch this one and you'll have a much better idea of what the show's like than from the disney video

After seeing this video, I agree, disneyholic. The fireworks were represented MUCH better in the Dis version than in the Disney Blog video. Disney really did a terrible job with the live stream! I'm still not a fan of the timbre of the female vocalist's voice, but the projections, lasers, fireworks, choral and instrumental arrangement are enough to distract me. :cutie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter