Happily Ever After strategy

poseys

Mouseketeer
Is there a superthread maybe? I couldn't find one. I'm spending one day at MK inn Jan. 25th. It's rated as a 3/10 on the crowd tracker. Will I be able to find a good spot 20/30 minutes ahead of time since it's a slower day? What are some good tips, strategies, and expectations I should have about getting a good spot? Thank you!

Hi

We stood on main street around where Starbucks is, on a very busy night last Wednesday apart from the usual few who thought moving nearer, then back would somehow improve their view or the ones that thought we were waiting for something else apart from the fireworks, so it was okay to push past with a stroller .. the view was great :-)

There are a lot of projections on to the Castle so little ones can find it difficult to see everything but it was still lump in the throat stuff and Tinkerbell flew so all was well!

Regards

Paul

Below is a rough estimate of the Happily Ever After Fireworks viewing spots
on the south side of Cinderella Castle.
The projections presented on the castle facade can only be seen from this front side.

MK-HEA-Fireworks_052817_zpslmfletkv.jpg

Don't mean to hijack, but since we're talking about HEA, where is the ground higher? By the statue or Casey's? It's been 5 years since our last trip and I'm trying to figure out where to stand (on a busy December night!)

Last edited:

Don't mean to hijack, but since we're talking about HEA, where is the ground higher? My the statue or Casey's? It was 5 years ago since our last trip and I'm trying to figure out where to stand (on a busy December night!)

“Higher ground” is a relative term when it comes to the hub. There are subtle changes in elevation but you’re talking very small increments, nothing that is going to fundamentally change your view, in my opinion.

Don't mean to hijack, but since we're talking about HEA, where is the ground higher? My the statue or Casey's? It was 5 years ago since our last trip and I'm trying to figure out where to stand (on a busy December night!)

The viewing areas are marked on my map in Post #3 above.
Relative height of the ground is not a fireworks/castle projection viewing issue in the Hub.
"Obstructions" are the real culprits in viewing problems.

We have been at some very busy times (Christmas/New Years) and have been able to find a place on the artificial grass in front of Casey's around 30 minutes prior. I think a lot of folks believe that area is reserved, which it is not.

I prefer the fenced open viewing area near Casey's. It's where Disney used to have the FP+ folks. But you have to get there early for a spot there - like an hour early.

If you are planning on leaving after the fireworks, my 2nd fav spot is on Robo's Map in the middle of the road between Casey's and the Plaza in the green section. It's easy to turn and leave down the street from there. That area seemed to be good to get 30 minutes before the fireworks.

If I'm going to be staying after the fireworks, I'll choose a spot on either the Tomorrowland bridge side of the green area or the Adventureland side green area - both areas are good viewing. It all depends on which way I want to go after the fireworks if the park is open late.

Both of those areas got full 30-45 minutes before the fireworks. I usually get some popcorn and drink and relax while waiting.

In my experience all the prime viewing spots were taken 30 minutes prior so you may want to look for a spot just before then. And the bigger the group, the earlier you'll want to get a spot.
Because it's newer fireworks it is definitely more crowded even on days when you wouldn't think it would be.

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter