• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Happy Anni-birth-aversary...A 33 night Celebration & HHN too.....SF & RPR September 2022 TR

While I’m not the biggest fan of Kong, I have to agree that I am someone who will admit when any place has something I don’t like. I think of Navi River Journey in Animal Kingdom and Kong as the same thing: a meh ride with a great animatronic at the end.

I’m so sorry you felt nauseous after Velocicoaster as I know how much you love it!

Finally caught up! You write fast! :)

Some comments....

First, I am jealous of the Eddie V's trip. There's one in Kansas City and I STILL haven't been. I must make it a priority to get there. But, what a lovely anniversary for you two!!!!

Second, who doesn't love grape jelly? Davy eats it on about anything. LOL.

Third, when I read about the day of the internet going out, I was on cold medicine and I kept reading it as "interest" instead of "internet." At one point, you said something like "the internet at the resort was out" and I thought, why isn't she interested in the resort? Huh? LOL. Yet, I kept reading it as interest every time.

Fourth, as you know, I rode Velocicoaster one time and felt ill... and, I did have my eyes closed.... hmmmmmm... maybe that was my problem...... I do get bad motion sickness, but usually my ear patch helps. Not on that one. But maybe if I opened my eyes.... we'll see.......

Anyway, fun trip so far! Can't wait to read more!

I'm here and finally all caught up. Loving all of the pictures and reading about all your adventures. Happy Anniversary to you and Tom! You look just as happy together now as you did 30 years ago.

And how rude of that man to tell you your vacation is a waste if you don't visit Disney -- the nerve!

Sorry you felt so awful on Velocicoaster. The dehydration probably had a lot to do with it. I get horrible motion sickness/nausea if I am dehydrated and not properly fed before going on any coasters. Hoping you were able to enjoy Velocicoaster many more times during your trip without a problem.

Sounds like you had a lovely 30th anniversary meal :)

We use Uber occasionally at home (it just about covers our area) but tried using Lyft for the first time on our most recent Orlando trip (purely because we could get some new user coupons). We used it to move from Disney to Universal and then from Universal to the airport (we don’t hire a car). So convenient! We’ve used some good car services over the years but it was great not having to decide in advance what time we wanted to be picked up and just going when we were ready.

Looks like a great first trip to IoA, I’m just sorry that you had a bad reaction to Velocicoaster. We didn’t make it on this trip but are hoping to in April. May need to think about some motion sickness pills I guess. I’m normally ok with coasters (but not Forbidden Journey or The Simpsons) but better to be safe than sorry!

While I’m not the biggest fan of Kong, I have to agree that I am someone who will admit when any place has something I don’t like. I think of Navi River Journey in Animal Kingdom and Kong as the same thing: a meh ride with a great animatronic at the end.

I’m so sorry you felt nauseous after Velocicoaster as I know how much you love it!

It was a one off on the VC thankfully.....just one of things. Next time was much better.

Finally caught up! You write fast! :)

Some comments....

First, I am jealous of the Eddie V's trip. There's one in Kansas City and I STILL haven't been. I must make it a priority to get there. But, what a lovely anniversary for you two!!!!

Second, who doesn't love grape jelly? Davy eats it on about anything. LOL.

Third, when I read about the day of the internet going out, I was on cold medicine and I kept reading it as "interest" instead of "internet." At one point, you said something like "the internet at the resort was out" and I thought, why isn't she interested in the resort? Huh? LOL. Yet, I kept reading it as interest every time.

Fourth, as you know, I rode Velocicoaster one time and felt ill... and, I did have my eyes closed.... hmmmmmm... maybe that was my problem...... I do get bad motion sickness, but usually my ear patch helps. Not on that one. But maybe if I opened my eyes.... we'll see.......

Anyway, fun trip so far! Can't wait to read more!

lol....I`m kind of housebound this week with the decorators in. We could leave them as we do know them and trust them, but we`re around just in case....and to make them tea and coffee of course.

Eddie V`s is definitely the best of the high end restaurants we`ve gone to in Florida. I can absolutely say you have to go!! The Palm used to be our go to place, but not any longer.

lol.....seems us grape jelly fans are in the minority.....oh goodness cold medication, the good stuff anyway can knock you sideways, you were lucky you could read at all!!

Yes, closing my eyes is the worst thing I can do when motion sickness hits. It works for some folks but not for me. I wonder if that`s what made you bad too. You`ll have to go back and try again now....... 🤭

Yep, we were having the best time, glad you`re enjoying it Alice.......:)

I'm here and finally all caught up. Loving all of the pictures and reading about all your adventures. Happy Anniversary to you and Tom! You look just as happy together now as you did 30 years ago.

And how rude of that man to tell you your vacation is a waste if you don't visit Disney -- the nerve!

Sorry you felt so awful on Velocicoaster. The dehydration probably had a lot to do with it. I get horrible motion sickness/nausea if I am dehydrated and not properly fed before going on any coasters. Hoping you were able to enjoy Velocicoaster many more times during your trip without a problem.

Good to see you back!

Thank you, 30 years has gone past in a flash!!

I`m always amazed, genuinely how abrupt some people are with sharing their non invited opinions. It`s different if it `s friends or asked for, but strangers!! We`ve had people ask us about costs and things when they sit beside us......something I`d never dream of asking anyone!! It is rude.

Yes, I think I was a little dehydrated......we usually make sure we buy bottles of water in the park, but we just hadn`t that day. Never made that mistake again.

I`m like you, I need to have something in my tummy before going on coasters, I know some folks say they prefer an empty tummy.....er no, not for me. Empty tummy makes me nauseous. And yes, we did get back on it thanks and I was fine.

Sounds like you had a lovely 30th anniversary meal :)

We use Uber occasionally at home (it just about covers our area) but tried using Lyft for the first time on our most recent Orlando trip (purely because we could get some new user coupons). We used it to move from Disney to Universal and then from Universal to the airport (we don’t hire a car). So convenient! We’ve used some good car services over the years but it was great not having to decide in advance what time we wanted to be picked up and just going when we were ready.

Looks like a great first trip to IoA, I’m just sorry that you had a bad reaction to Velocicoaster. We didn’t make it on this trip but are hoping to in April. May need to think about some motion sickness pills I guess. I’m normally ok with coasters (but not Forbidden Journey or The Simpsons) but better to be safe than sorry!

We did thanks iona, it was a lovely evening.

Our friends Matt and Rob said they have both Uber and Lyft when in Orlando, and find having both very convenient so we might get a Lyft account too. I don`t think it operates where we live. But, we have a wonderful local car service we use if we do need transport. BUt for America, yep we`re happy to use it and you`re right, it`s so handy.

I can`t do the Simpsons at all, nothing helps that one, FJ I can do once, maybe twice and that`s it. But, hope you find something that works for you when you do go on VC. Normally I find the VC fine, I can ride it time and time again as I did at the Orlando Informer event, so maybe you`ll be fine on it as it is smooth, very fast.....but so smooth. But, I agree, best to feel comfortable and taking something might help you.

Yay Trip Report

Work has been so crazy, but serves me a lesson for having 3 weeks off but still - obvs we need another holiday! :):)

Just seeing the Virgin menu reminded me how awful British Airways food has sunk too , on the way out we have chicken tikka or chilli bean curry and then a chicken tikka wrap (yes again) defintely my least favourite offerings on a plane.... coming back was better but no menus offered on both flights and the 2nd meal seems to be a wrap or half a sandwich. (very basic) Would definitely look at booking Virgin next time for sure!

Well we found the crowds.

I miss the days when this place was fairly quiet......now, it`s an assault course with giant strollers, giant wagons and (some) folks who think they can drive those ECV`s as if they`re a F1 driver!!! There really isn`t the room for all of them now, of course there isn`t an answer, but maybe the folks who use strollers for carrying what looks like a weeks camping equipment didn`t do that it might help.

I can`t help but worry if more folks bring strollers what it`s going to be like!! Stroller parking has taken over some areas now that used to be clear and you could get some nice pictures without a million strollers sitting there.

Friday morning rant over.........:duck:

i-mcdmB3b-X2.jpg

The train is always a nice thing to picture, it does get very popular especially when the Station Master is around, the characters are exceptional.

i-6dvZbkX-X2.jpg

We did look at Hagrid`s but it was never less than 60 minutes, even if it was 40 minutes, we don`t want to wait that long. We have done the ride several times and while it is good, it`s not an hour wait good for us. I know there are times you can wait less, maybe.....but we don`t have to do that, we`ll get back on it sometime.

i-8bMdV6x-X2.jpg

i-3DnVJdK-X2.jpg

We bought a pumpkin fizz and went around the back of the 3B`s to sit and watch the Velocicoaster whizz by which is a lot of fun seeing everyone`s reactions and sounds as they ride it. And there are some seats you can sit in the shade as long as no one is eating on them. It`s usually fairly quiet at this time of day, and today it was almost deserted.

i-wDTnq78-X2.jpg

You can zoom right into the VC from here and the line is already backing up outside today, so we won`t we going back to go on it anyway, I think once was enough today.

i-6Snxrwh-X2.jpg

Even busy we still enjoy walking around Hogsmeade, and the weather is just glorious, sun is shining and sky is bluer than blue.

i-BDvNN39-X2.jpg

We`re not big snack eaters, so we tend not to buy many snacks except for ones we buy for folks back home. I didn`t offer too many folks this time as we didn`t want to be laden with luggage weight, but we still bring back gifts for folks.

And you are certainly spoiled for choice in here.

i-ZFGGxjM-X2.jpg

i-9wRCBHd-X2.jpg

We picked up several items today although we never meant to as we thought we`d leave buying anything till we had moved over to RP, but we forgot!

Although Mythos is a restaurant we don`t really want to eat in again, it is incredibly beautiful inside and out. One of the more photogenic of buildings for sure.

i-LZHS3Pb-X2.jpg

i-bR3H4Jg-X2.jpg

It really is as quiet as it looks here.....this wasn`t a lucky shot, there was no one passing for a good few moments which is unusual generally.

i-3knSxFw-X2.jpg

We really did mean to go into Poseidon`s this time, but again we couldn`t quite force ourselves to do it. It`s just not something we enjoy, except for the water vortex of course. I think we plan to do it in May though.....maybe.

i-PLWg9rr-X2.jpg

I had read several folks recently moan and groan about how awful Seuss Landings is........not sure why really as it is such a lovely area with a few cute little rides that are simple fun.

I will Cat in the Hat is the most mind altering ride ever, it does freak me out a little, but we still do it and enjoy it. But, jeez.....what kind of mind comes up with that!

The Trolley Train is lovely. You get some amazing views around the park from up there from unusual angles.

i-Mtg3FXK-X2.jpg

I do love the "If I ran the Zoo" sign......Tom had one like that in his office before he retired...I think he still has it in our office somewhere........he does like to run things.....lol.....but to be fair he is very good at organisation.

But, Seuss Landing is a wonderful place for little ones and older kids alike, and even us adults love it. It`s colourful, attractive and fun in it`s simplest form for a theme park. Universal are always painting and updating to make sure it stays as vibrant looking as the theme deserves and in May there were lots of boarding up and you can really see the effort that went into it.

i-mmmPPHZ-X2.jpg

i-5dQsfb5-X2.jpg

Lunch and dinner coming up........

Yay Trip Report

Work has been so crazy, but serves me a lesson for having 3 weeks off but still - obvs we need another holiday! :):)

Just seeing the Virgin menu reminded me how awful British Airways food has sunk too , on the way out we have chicken tikka or chilli bean curry and then a chicken tikka wrap (yes again) defintely my least favourite offerings on a plane.... coming back was better but no menus offered on both flights and the 2nd meal seems to be a wrap or half a sandwich. (very basic) Would definitely look at booking Virgin next time for sure!

Hey Matt!!!! Glad you made it back......don`t work too hard though, it`s very overrated!!!!

Yes, I`d agree you need another holiday!!!

I do remember you mentioning the food on BA. Too much spice for sure, should have been more options for everyone. Your description of maybe a wrap and half a sandwich is not good!!

I think Virgin are head and shoulders above BA, I know they`re maybe not perfect for everyone, but we have had so many excellent flights with them, we don`t really want to fly with anyone else.

Catch up soon......xxx

Last edited:
So glad to see you putting your trip report up. Love Honeydukes. And looks like you had a wonderful anniversary as well. Congratulations and thank you for the lovely photos. Cat in the hat is a bit of mind bender. But I love it. So much like stepping into the book.

Oh I want to go back so badly

Last edited:
It was lunchtime now and both our tummies were grumbling as it was a little later than we`d normally be in for lunch.

We had decided to go to Confisco Grille again. We didn`t book it as we really don`t want to be having to make reservations while we`re on vacations and apart from the special occasions we go to Eddie V`s we never made one dining reservation the whole trip.

This restaurant used to be one of the most overlooked restaurants in the parks, most folks ran past it in the morning to get to the rides and it did used to be fairly quiet a lot of the time and we never understood why it was so quiet. Then a few folks mentioned they didn`t even know it was there. Maybe that was why.

We`ve been visiting here since our first visit in 2007 and only once did we have an issue, but it was sorted and we kept coming back. Staff are lovely and some of them have been there a long time. I do like the chefs are properly attired too, it looks so good to see them in Chef`s whites and hats.

We ordered fanta`s today and decided on a BLTA sandwich for me with salad, Tom got the Chicken sandwich with fries.

I have to say the bread is very filling and about triple the amount most folks can eat! We left most of the bread in both sandwiches, but it is very nice.

i-8fxQgH7-X2.jpg

i-5qFfktR-X2.jpg

Tom thought I was going to go for the Ahi Tuna Nachos as I`d had that before. But to be honest, it`s a little wasted in Nachos. Ahi Tuna is so light and delicate, and to fling it among nachos doesn`t do it justice and I had other places to enjoy Ahi Tuna too.

Both sandwiches were very nice and I discovered there were fried green tomatoes in mine......never tasted them before and they were delicious! I love tomatoes so I`m not sure why I never tried them before.

We had our I`m celebrating button on, well I did.....Tom wouldn`t wear his, no surprises there, but the waitress had spotted it and brought us a little treat after we were done.

It was cute little cookie and a lovely little gesture.....to be fair we were quite full but Tom managed most of it and it was tasty.

i-TtKRqSV-X2.jpg

We do love POE and it`s one of those places we always spot something different each time.

i-pBsHdrq-X2.jpg

And of course along with the new Mayor there is another character wanders round and he is funny. Some folks interact with him and some are a little mystified by him as they aren`t quite sure who he is or what he`s doing, it`s quite funny to watch.

i-k7zDLLg-X2.jpg

One of our favourite stores in the parks is the Christmas Store....we love it, the smell as you walk in takes you straight to that Holiday space immediately.

And I can never resist spending in here either, there`s always something we see we like.

i-d2x72Tn-X2.jpg

It is just the most beautiful area...

i-ZG3zrTj-X2.jpg

Love this post box.......

i-swN5hQS-X2.jpg

i-ts5HVL8-X2.jpg

I love this little place......it makes me think of a little villa somewhere in a warm European country......

i-G8p8dZt-X2.jpg

We walked back home and we had a chat with Kyle on Facetime who had a lot of stories to tell us this time around.....it was nice to catch up with him and we could share some stories too....

We do like the view from our suite......

i-DNSTKkS-X2.jpg

We did think we might go back to the parks and do some water rides as it was only around 2pm when we got back home, but by the time we chatted and showered it was almost 4pm, so we decided against it.

We headed over to the lounge and they were just setting out the evening service, these were tonight`s offerings. They do change the beers and ciders sometimes, but the wines more or less stay the same. Although they do add a rose wine in the next week or so.

i-kcS88XS-X2.jpg

Tonight`s food again was Salisbury Meatballs and mashed potato which we didn`t even have a taste of tonight, we were eating later as usual.

i-ZKhmcq7-X2.jpg

i-6WFP5Vc-X2.jpg

i-wFrrt2L-X2.jpg

Tom loves this garlic dip......it`s not for me as it has a very strong garlic flavour that seems to last days! So he is banned from touching it now........

i-D9QfcpB-Th.gif

i-QWBJP2N-X2.jpg

We always love a good photobomber and Raphael does it with style......lol.......

i-48BQ9gK-X2.jpg

A lady spoke to us tonight in the lounge who has read most of the TR`s I write, her name is Sandy and she was a lovely lady to chat to.

We were glad she came over to chat, and we were glad to hear she was having a lovely trip and enjoying RP. It`s always nice when folks introduce themselves if they recognise us from the boards.

i-VqfN6Q7-X2.jpg

Tonight we chatted much later than usual and we were still there when the desserts were set out at 8pm....that is unusual as we never make dessert hour. I think we have popped in 3 times in all the years we`ve been staying here, it`s just not our thing at all. But they are very popular and some are quite nice, like the Key Lime Pie......Kyle would love the chocolate one I`m quite sure.

i-mvs9FMz-X2.jpg

i-dKQWW3r-X2.jpg

i-82qXhjp-X2.jpg

Eventually we did slowly amble down to Orchids for dinner, I think it was nearer 9pm than 8 as we had planned to be down there. But.....chatting is always better.

We never make reservations, and this was no different tonight, there were plenty of tables available and plenty of seats at the bar if one so chose to do.

We love Orchids, always have done and one of the reasons is Chef Dan has worked there forever. He is an amazing sushi chef and comes up with some amazing creations, his specials are always so tempting alongside the regular menu which has something for everyone, if you like sushi of course.

You can just see our number 2 son Colby in this picture......we`ve known Colby since he was very young and have seen him move from the pool, to the Club Lounge and eventually down to Orchids where he is now a server and is enjoying it I`m glad to say. Always asks when we`re buying him a new car......lol.....but he is lovely.

i-xmxzk4Z-X2.jpg

We did look at the menu, but we knew what we were ordering tonight, although we did ask what the special was and decided to have that alongside two of our favourites.

Wine tonight, we were having white, so ordered a bottle of Sonoma Cutrer which is one of our favourite whites, we didn`t realise they had it in here, so easy choice tonight.

My choice tonight was the Tuna Tataki, barely seared tuna which is nicely peppered on the edges and has a lovely little glaze on top. This is gorgeous.

i-tN5Kp4j-X2.jpg

i-GS66WLj-X2.jpg

Tom ordered his favourite, the Volcano Roll which I have to say is beautiful and one of our regular options.

i-NDPfZZN-X2.jpg

The Chef`s Special of the night was largely tuna based but had a nice and spicy influence running through it which we loved. I`d definitely order this one again.

i-CbNHKVL-X2.jpg

Colby came over to chat when he could, it`s always lovely to catch up with him and we`d certainly try to have dinner with him one night if we could. His girlfriend came in to drop something off for him so we finally got to meet the young lady we had heard so much about. She was lovely and they made a nice couple.

Dinner was lovely. Orchids really is superior to most places around, the high standard has never faltered over the years and hopefully never will.

We said goodnight and headed back to Sapphire and straight to our room as it was almost 11pm now. Another later night than we planned.......but......hey ho......

More park time planned for tomorrow and hopefully another HHN for us......weather permitting!!

So glad to see you putting your trip report up. Love Honeydukes. And looks like you had a wonderful anniversary as well. Congratulations and thank you for the lovely photos. Cat in the hat is a bit of mind bender. But I love it. So much like stepping into the book.

Oh I want to go back so badly

Thanks kbelle.....yes, Honeydukes really does make you feel like you`re a kid in the preverbial candy store.....lol......

Yes, we did thanks, it was a perfect anniversary...

lol....yes, we always do Cat in the Hat, and every time it still makes us marvel at the man behind the stories! I never grew up with those books so they were a bit of a revelation when we first encountered them.

I`m sure you`ll get back soon...... ::yes::

Agree with you about Port of Entry. Love it and love the Xmas shop!

I will admit I went to get my moms scooter last September as it was parked in the street perpendicular to Minion Mayhem and I didn’t realize how fast it could go! I ended up slightly crashing it into the curb outside Jimmy Fallon. I didn’t break the scooter or anything, but my god those things can go fa at! Disney has the right idea when they set it at a certain speed (though that also causes issues as they can get slow). But I do agree with the strollers. It’s crazy! And the wagons are worse imho.

One day I’ll get to confisco! Unfortunately I’m not a fan of sushi at all so orchids would be more of just a bar visit.

Tom reminds me of my dad with forgetting to wear the button Lolol!

It’s worse with the cooking. She wasn’t a big red wine drinker but loved cooking with it

lol....cook....drink.....I do both.....

Agree with you about Port of Entry. Love it and love the Xmas shop!

I will admit I went to get my moms scooter last September as it was parked in the street perpendicular to Minion Mayhem and I didn’t realize how fast it could go! I ended up slightly crashing it into the curb outside Jimmy Fallon. I didn’t break the scooter or anything, but my god those things can go fa at! Disney has the right idea when they set it at a certain speed (though that also causes issues as they can get slow). But I do agree with the strollers. It’s crazy! And the wagons are worse imho.

One day I’ll get to confisco! Unfortunately I’m not a fan of sushi at all so orchids would be more of just a bar visit.

Tom reminds me of my dad with forgetting to wear the button Lolol!

Port of Entry is one of those places a lot of folks just pass through to get to the parks.....heck one of our friends at the hotel had no idea that Christmas shop was there all year round.......

The wagons are the worst as most folks drag them behind them and can`t see if they`re bashing folks legs. We know a couple of folks who need a scooter or ECV for mobility issues and they commented on how they used to be able to park up anywhere, now they`re struggling and yes, they also comment on how fast some folks go on them. Not all of course.....but yes, I bet that gave you a shock heading off at speed!!!

You can order some dishes like General Tso`s chicken I believe from downstairs, but it is a nice bar to sit at and plenty of folks do just go for drinks.

Oh he didn`t forget, he just didn`t want to wear it......lol....not his thing at all!!!

lol....cook....drink.....I do both.....

Port of Entry is one of those places a lot of folks just pass through to get to the parks.....heck one of our friends at the hotel had no idea that Christmas shop was there all year round.......

The wagons are the worst as most folks drag them behind them and can`t see if they`re bashing folks legs. We know a couple of folks who need a scooter or ECV for mobility issues and they commented on how they used to be able to park up anywhere, now they`re struggling and yes, they also comment on how fast some folks go on them. Not all of course.....but yes, I bet that gave you a shock heading off at speed!!!

You can order some dishes like General Tso`s chicken I believe from downstairs, but it is a nice bar to sit at and plenty of folks do just go for drinks.

Oh he didn`t forget, he just didn`t want to wear it......lol....not his thing at all!!!
Yes the wine situation is very sad but she can still do white and she will mix rose with sprite for a spritzer.

It’s so bad! It’s why we were shocked California parks weren’t nearly as bad (also a lot of kids on those harness leashes which was slightly shocking.)

It was my first time driving an ECV. I was surrounded by strollers and a gentleman helped guide me out while backing out of the area, and then off I went-literally! Lol.

My dad doesn’t like wearing them either especially since he gets a horrible reaction to the heat. He has started wearing the under armor summer shirts in Florida-it helps a lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter