Happy Birthday, Mickey Mouse!!

Don’t forget Minnie Mouse!

And to think - if it wasn’t for the creation of Mickey there would never be a DIS and we wouldn’t have this place or all the relationships it has createed

So happy 90th Birthday to Mickey AND Minnie Mouse who both continue to exhibit Walt’s sense of optimism and “can do” spirit

Minnie: “And I'll know he's the one when he makes me laugh."

Mickey: “Gosh, Minnie, you've always been a princess to me."

H/t Kevin and Jody for image

A45E7A00-483F-46A1-B0F8-7C05BEA5FE38.jpeg

I knew you were right, @TheMaxRebo, about Minnie, but I've had some "Disney purists" tell me in tha past that it's NOT her birthday too, or it cant really be documented when she was created (huh?), so I was embaressed to have somebody possibly call me on it (again). :o So, thank you for giving The First Mousetess her due! :)

I knew you were right, @TheMaxRebo, about Minnie, but I've had some "Disney purists" tell me in tha past that it's NOT her birthday too, or it cant really be documented when she was created (huh?), so I was embaressed to have somebody possibly call me on it (again). :o So, thank you for giving The First Mousetess her due! :)

It is a bit confusing as clearly Disney is positioning it as Mickey’s birthday (with like a side of Minnie) and some reports are they are treating it like only Mickey’s .... but if they are using Steamboat willie as his birthday then it is also Minnie’s (and Pete’s too)

It is a bit confusing as clearly Disney is positioning it as Mickey’s birthday (with like a side of Minnie) and some reports are they are treating it like only Mickey’s .... but if they are using Steamboat willie as his birthday then it is also Minnie’s (and Pete’s too)
GMTA, my friend. :)

I'm surprised Disney chose to use November 18 as Mickey's birthday even though he first appeared in Plane Crazy in May. Either way, it looked to be a fun weekend of events at WDW with his birthday celebration and Destination D.

Last edited:

I believe Pete previously appeared in an Alice short. I remember a trivia contest at one point that said of the current Disney animated characters Pete is the oldest. He even beats out Oswald.

If that trivia contest was right of course.

I'm surprised Disney chose to use November 18 as Mickey's birthday even though he first appeared in Plane Crazy in May. Either way, it looked to be a fun weekend of events at WDW with his birthday celebration and Destination D.

I believe Pete previously appeared in an Alice short. I remember a trivia contest at one point that said of the current Disney animated characters Pete is the oldest. He even beats out Oswald.

If that trivia contest was right of course.

Both of these are probably correct - though Disney seems to get to decide what the rules are

I mean, whoever owns the football makes the rules

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter