HAPPY DANCE! DLR29 is going to WDW!

DLR29

We create happiness
:cool1::cool1::cool1:

And we're staying at the Saratoga Springs Resort in a 2 bedroom room! We are Worldmark members and through an exchange we got a week at SSR next June, and only for a few exchange fees. We're using Worldmark points for most of it. So instead of paying the normal rate for that room of $665/night (yes, that's crazy), we are only paying a couple hundred dollars (total) in exchange fees. :banana::banana:

Now we have to get tickets. We are also looking into the new Quick Service Dining plan. The room also sleeps 8, so we might ask our cousins to join us for one big happy family trip.

Oh, I'm sooper excited! :dance3:

Hooray! How awesome about the exchange rate at SSR! You're going to have so much fun planning for the next 9 months! :goodvibes

Woo Hoo!!! I've been looking at WDW resorts thru RCI which is our exchange group (we own with Shell) but they still want at least $1000 for a week and that's just the resort....and that's a value, not even moderate or deluxe. I was looking at AK or WL because I'd love to stay at either of those but nope, they were over $2K! Yes, that's for a week, Saturday to Saturday stay, but still.....with airfare and tickets added we just aren't ready for that! lol

Congrats DLR29!:dance3:
You will have a magical time, I'm sure. But don't get so caught up in all the planning that you forget about us here on the DL boards. We appreciate all your advice, information and help!:)

:thumbsup2

Thinking about a WDW trip next June too. Do you have room for 6 more? ;)

Hooray! How awesome about the exchange rate at SSR! You're going to have so much fun planning for the next 9 months! :goodvibes

I've already had fun planning the past couple weeks! But then there's this little thing called school and college aps that are going to keep me busy this fall. But after that....WDW planning to the max! :banana:

Woo Hoo!!! I've been looking at WDW resorts thru RCI which is our exchange group (we own with Shell) but they still want at least $1000 for a week and that's just the resort....and that's a value, not even moderate or deluxe. I was looking at AK or WL because I'd love to stay at either of those but nope, they were over $2K! Yes, that's for a week, Saturday to Saturday stay, but still.....with airfare and tickets added we just aren't ready for that! lol

When we exchanged, we had to exchange with one of the DVC resorts. But I know what you mean when everything is so expensive. Before we realized we could exchange, the prices for the hotels, tickets, food, airfare (it's not cheap flying from the opposite coast) were crazy. We are so fortunate that we got this deal with our credits.

:cool1: You're going to LOVE it! :cool1:

I can't wait to go back and see all the things I missed the first time. And I promise to write a crazy amazing trip report too! Oh and something that they do over on the WDW boards is write Dining reports, so I might try my hand at that too.

Congrats DLR29!:dance3:
You will have a magical time, I'm sure. But don't get so caught up in all the planning that you forget about us here on the DL boards. We appreciate all your advice, information and help!:)

Oh, I'm staying over here. It's so much nicer and helpful, and I love giving information to other people. Although the DVC forums were also very nice when I had questions about exchanging. It's when I have to venture into the WDW boards....watch out! :scared1:

:thumbsup2

Thinking about a WDW trip next June too. Do you have room for 6 more? ;)

We have room for 4, ha! But wouldn't that be hilarious. DLR29 and Hydroguy roaming through WDW with a gazillion FPs and the best plans for everything! :lmao:

How fun! :woohoo: Wish we were going too! I've never been but I've always wanted to see Epcot. :)

Epcot is really wonderful, but we actually liked all of the parks a lot more than we thought we would. AK is a beautiful park with some really good rides. Same with DHS. Even MK has some interesting things that DL doesn't have (Philharmagic and their Splash is better). I really hope you get to go sometime! :goodvibes

In case anybody is interested, I have started a PTR for my summer WDW trip.

Another report from Mr. DLR29! Too fun. You know, you and Hydroguy could write a whole new book on touring plans if you go together. How awesome would that be?
I look forward to reading your new adventures! popcorn::

I'm jealous....we have 2 years until we'll be heading to Orlando! Our first trip, Dec 2011!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

well hey, since this is the community board, and there is no such thing as off topic, we can do your WDW planning right here!
My parents just landed in Orlando about 30 minutes ago.....pretty brave, both in their 70's and going for 7 days by themselves......of course they did have a great trip planer do their schedule ;)

I'm jealous....we have 2 years until we'll be heading to Orlando! Our first trip, Dec 2011!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

It's ok. It'll make it that much more worth it. You'll love it!

well hey, since this is the community board, and there is no such thing as off topic, we can do your WDW planning right here!
My parents just landed in Orlando about 30 minutes ago.....pretty brave, both in their 70's and going for 7 days by themselves......of course they did have a great trip planer do their schedule ;)

:lmao: Yeah, my PTR is lacking people reading, so I might just plan a ton on these boards. I recently posted about how we chose SSR. I started typing about it and it turned out longer than I expected. :rotfl2:

DLR29, I look forward to seeing you on the "other side" where I've been hanging out for the last 7 months. It's not bad, but it's not like the DLR side of the boards.

Kerri,
Depending on when you go, the regular rates are cheaper than your exchange rate!!! Wow! Set up your profile on www.disneyworld.com and start pricing vacations (and save the offers). You'll probably get a PIN code for WDW resorts. I got a 20/30/40 % off code yesterday and one today. I had already booked a bounceback when we were there last month, so I can't use them. They seem to be pretty common though, and the PIN that I got is good through most of the year.
Naomi

DLR29, I look forward to seeing you on the "other side" where I've been hanging out for the last 7 months. It's not bad, but it's not like the DLR side of the boards.

Yeah, I've been scrounging the WDW boards, especially the TP&A, Dining, Transportation, and DVC boards. From what I've seen they've been a lot more helpful than a couple years when we took our first trip, but nothing at all compared to over here.

Good luck planning your trip too! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter