• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Happy Dance! Just received some fairy dust!

mshanson3121

DIS Veteran
So after my post the other day about if 6 days were long enough, I was urged to add a 7th day to our tickets when we get there, of course realizing that we wouldn't be able to book advance FP+ for that day, and there would likely be a bit of a price difference.

So, today, I decided, "Why not?" and tried calling Customer Service. And they added the 7th day for me, right over the phone! Only $47 difference to increase from 6 to 7 days, for 4 people (note to self, for the tiny difference in price, always get the extra day!)

So... happy dance! Our trip next summer is now going to be 7 days long :)

That's great. Good thing you did it now, if you have the Canadian ticket offer. My friends tried to add an 8th day at the gate in March with their Canadian tickets and would have had to pay FULL price (hundreds of $$) to upgrade one day. Obviously they passed. When I bought our Cdn tickets for next year I made sure to buy one extra day than we needed.

That's great. Good thing you did it now, if you have the Canadian ticket offer. My friends tried to add an 8th day at the gate in March with their Canadian tickets and would have had to pay FULL price (hundreds of $$) to upgrade one day. Obviously they passed. When I bought our Cdn tickets for next year I made sure to buy one extra day than we needed.

That's what I figured would happen. So I was really happy! I can hardly wait to go....

I have found that they will always make changes before arrival if the change adds cost. The problems occur if you want to go the other way - then they often charge a penalty.

I have found that they will always make changes before arrival if the change adds cost. The problems occur if you want to go the other way - then they often charge a penalty.

That sounds about right! Oh well, in this case, I'm happy to give them the extra money to make the change!

I've had it go both ways: been allowed to add on the extra day even though technically wasn't supposed to, and been told I'd have to wait until arrival or buy separate tickets.

We're going for a week and I was going to do a 6 day park hopper. The 7th day was so minimal to add that we'll go on arrival day for a half day bc why not.

I've had it go both ways: been allowed to add on the extra day even though technically wasn't supposed to, and been told I'd have to wait until arrival or buy separate tickets.

In the future, I suggest if it goes the way you don't like...you call back an hour later, when it probably will. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter