Happy First Day of School!

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
I hope you all had a wonderful and smooth first day at school! S

My dd started grade one this morning ... she was both excited and anxious all at once, but I think Mommy-here was more anxious! No tears from either of us, so I guess that is good thing.

Sandra, what grade did your dd start today? And if I remember correctly, your ds is the same age as my ds, so won't start school for another year??? Although size-wise, I could have put him into a class and no one would have been the wiser!

Is it just me, or did this summer go by awfully fast ???

Mary Liz

The summer went by extremely quickly!

My DS started grade 12 today -- can't believe it as I remember him starting kindergarten like it was yesterday. Smooth morning though as there was no hassle getting him up and out and on the bus. It's only the first day though and I don't expect the rest of the year to be so smooth but here's hoping anyway. :D

My dgd started grade 4 this year. It is the first year she has gone to school. I was wondering do they REALLY take it easy on the kids the 1st week of school?
tigercat

I survived my first day of teaching grade six! I had concerns before I started, but it looks like I have a pretty good class!

I am soooooo pooped though! It is going to be hard getting back into a school routine!

Really wierd day here. For the first time in many years, we didn't have the "first day of school" We dropped dd19 at Laurier yesterday - man was that hard, I cried and cried - and dd17 is done high school, but is going to work full time before going away to school. The house feels really different without my eldest around. Can't wait to see her again in two weeks!

Tim was at school all of about an hour and I got a call telling me he wasn't feeling well and would I come and pick him up. Both Dh and Tim have the cold that I had last week. I had hoped he would make it through an easy first day! :(

Dan chose to return for an extra year of high school. He has two classes this semester, one at his old high school and another at another high school in town. For some reason the other school didn't get his info sent over so didn't have him registered, but they got it sorted out and sent Dan to class. I asked him how it went and he said he felt out of place there. I told him to introduce himself to his classmates and he'll be fine. I think once he gets back into things at school he'll be fine but it will be a different year for him with most of his friends gone.

Hi everyone,
My eldest ds started grd 2 french immersion today. My next ds starts SK tomorrow morning and my third ds is only 3 and just started nursery school instead of in home daycare. Everything went smoothly this morning. I'm just taking a break from making lunches for tomorrow. Can't wait to see what the rest of the week holds!
Marilynn:D

How come when the first day of school ends,its me that has the homework?LOL.My youngest started grade 7 and he brought me home enough forms to sign that I got writers cramp.and every form wanted the same info(name,address,twenty contact phone numbers)Dont they have this on file at the office?But everything went smoothly so onto day 2.

Smooth Great Fantastic first day!!!!!!

But Ry's home sick today........ :O(

First day went well here too. DS started grade 11 and DD started grade 7. Both of them had homework.

Took DD to Laurier on Monday. I was doing really well until I came home and in the evening realized that she will never really live at home again. She'll be back for a summer or two but that will be about it. She did call me yesterday to tell me she survived her first night of orientation but that she was very tired and had to skip an event in order to come back to her residence room to have a nap.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter