• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Happy happy happy! trip story from Feb 2012

Thanks for reading to the end. :)

I started, but haven't continued, with the Universal trip report yet.

Oh how fun! I just read most of report. I know you have said you love Universal and my son really wants to go, but I just can't stand throwing another $500 at the experience on top of everything else.... sigh...

But I do think I need to get him a day there on our trip, so we will see how that pans out.

We tend to feel that the special features of many films really enhance the movies. Love them for Pirates, LOTR, and even Phantom Menace.

Since Peter Jackson really did know what he was getting into, it seems he filmed EVERYTHING, and had the knowledge that people would be very interested in the behind the scenes stuff.

Oh, and there's also a feature that shows that the stuntmen (mostly Maori but some not) really respected Viggo. At one point they do a traditional Maori dance to honor the "kings" of the movies, the actor who played Theoden, and Viggo. It's so amazing.

[side note, Robert met someone who was an extra on the set, when he was in New Zealand two years ago...he was a big Maori guy (Robert feels so at home with Maori men, he fits right in!) who had been one of the UruqHai.]

I'm very Viggo-focused right now, LOL. But I think that every actor was just superb in the trilogy, just perfect.

In the second Hobbit movie, Benedict Cumberbatch will be in it. For those who don't know, he's the one who plays Sherlock in the new BBC version, along with Martin Freeman playing Watson. I'm not sure they'll actually have any scenes together (I think Cumberbatch is only a voiceover, and I truly don't remember the book at all), but since The Hobbit's filming interfered with a full 1st season, and the filming of the 2nd season, of the new Sherlock Holmes show, I'm glad that BC got a role in it. :)

Plus, that name...is that not an amazing name?

OK, printer stuff! Some is Flex Plan-related, some is TRIP related. See, the trip is being discussed!

Awesome post, just thought I would say so. It mentions many of my favorites, including Benedict. Okay, off to finish reading this TR. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter