Happy Mickey-versary for 15 yrs! An Oct. 2011 PTR NEW: 11/13 Pretend Disney? & TRlink

mousescrapper

DIS Veteran
5 days, no kids, signature dining, and some Magical Romance = a Mouse Scrapper and Mouse Hubby 15 yr Anniversary trip!

Come join me as I plan a special getaway, a 2nd honeymoon, and a celebration of 15 years of marriage at our Happy Place.

The details:

4nights/5 days October 16-20, 2011

A hopeful refurbed deluxe Studio at BLT (our DVC home)

MNSSHP

Food and Wine Festival

And many more special Big Kid surprises…

The CAST:

Mouse Hubby- Matt: my partner in trip planning and romance making…What he loves: being there, looking forward to getting away just him and I and doing Disney in a whole new way and really just being “kids” again

100_7224.jpg

100_1785.jpg

Mouse Scrapper-Julie or Scrappie: What she loves: planning out all the fun details, enjoying some new things like restaurants and behind the scenes on this trip and sharing some special much needed extended alone time w/ my husband

100_9279.jpg

meandmicMin.jpg

Up NEXT: Disney in LOVE…

Please say hello and join in the fun...thanks for reading!

J~
links to additional posts in Post #3

Click below to see what you have missed...popcorn::

2-28: Post # 15 The Disney Love equation...

3-3: Post # 33 My planning Basics/Materials

3-6: Post # 47 My 7 month TO-DO LIST...

3-11: Post # 67 Our Mouse kids

3-13: Post# 78 How to make a Touring Plan...

3-15: Post # 88 Fly me to Disney...

3-28: Post #115 Big planning POST: ADR choices, backstage touring choices and another touring plan in the works...

3-29 Post # 123 Back to the drawing board...food thoughts

3-30 Post # 132 Another food budget scenero looking at OOP and TIW

3-30 Post # 133 A working trip budget

4-1 Post #141 final decison on food budget :thumbsup2

4-6: Post # 154 Light it up Blue for Autism awareness

4-11 Post # 165 ADR question: do I need back up choices?

4-20 Post # 184 Time to make the ADR's...

4-26 Post # 207 DHS Park Picks...

5-2: Post # 223 A pre- Disney Haloween sneak peek...

5-11: Post # 242 A Scrappie Mouse-cellanous life update

5-19: Post # 259 It's A Jungle out there...our AK park pixs

5-24: Post # 273 A Personal Disney Day (x 2)

a few life updates in the middle here to....

6-10: Post #297 Disney crafting

6-11 Post #304 EP Park picks

6-14 Post #316 MK park picks

6-22 Post # 329 Day 1) Intinerary...Started w/ a Mouse day

6-22 Post # 331 Tornado? and a SWA credit...

6-24: Post # 344 Day 2) Itinerary...eat to our delight day

6-24: Post # 345 Get Dis'd by Scrappie Pins

6-29: Post #357 Day 3) Itinerary DHS morning

7-5: Post # 365 MNSSHP Tour card and PTR Contest

7-6: Post #372 Contest Clue # 2

7-7: Post # 382 Contest Clue #3

Another Contest Clue #4

7-8: Post # 398 Contest Clue #5

Another Contest Clue #6

Contest Winner!

7-9: Post #421 A dress and some facial hair? a sneak peek at our Halloween Costumes for MNSSHP

7-12: Post #435 F&W picks

7-19: Post # 451 Celebrating Matt and Julie (scrapbooking)

7-28: Post #461 Day 4) Itinerary AK/EP

8-1: Post #471 Day 5) Itinerary our last day...

8-5: Post#484 Fun Links to share...vacation video/blogs

8-8: Post #495 What else to chat about...

8-18: Post # 506 Revised Oct. To-Do LIST!

8:19: Post # 512 Crossed off things on To-Do LIST

Post # 513 What's under your NOSE?

8-29: Post #525 Birthday Fun!

8-31: Post # 537 To-do list re-check

9-6: Post # 551 Start of our 40 day countdown!

9-12: Post #602 Here's come the Bride's bouquet

9-14: Post # 619 MNSSHP characters...who to see?

9-16: Post # 633 30 days till DISNEY...time to Dance!

9-21: Post #675 30 day Disney Night...a Star Wars Night

9-23: Post #688 Packing time...

9-27: Post #697 Cake chatter...

9-29: Post #710 20 days till Disney Family Countdown Night and a "contest" for you too!

10-5: Post#736 Looking at my growing to-do list

10-8: Post#758 10 days to go Family Night/themed dinner

10-11: Post # 777 5 days till Disney your final look at the HM couple...if you dear...

10-24: Posts #847 & 848 Life update...

Picture Highlights from our trip

11-7: Post#864 SOUVIES!!!

11-13: Post # 301 Pretend Disney getaway

Post # 302 NEW TR link

I am joining in!! We are doing an annivesary trip in November, but I think it will be anything but romantic (we will have 15+ people with us, and are staying in a studio with our kiddos;) Hoping to pawn them off on the grandparents for a night or two!:laughing:)

Looking forward to seeing all your plans!:thumbsup2

And, CONGRATULATIONS on 15 years!:cloud9: It is a big accomplishment:woohoo:

I'm here!! Can't wait to hear all about the plans. Brian and I spent our 10th in WDW, it was fun doing the grown-up stuff without the kids. ;)

Joining in for all of the planning fun!

hey Jennifer...man you will quick this morning ;) thanks for joining in! and DisMomAmy will be jealous of your first reader title :laughing:

I am joining in!! We are doing an annivesary trip in November, but I think it will be anything but romantic (we will have 15+ people with us, and are staying in a studio with our kiddos;) Hoping to pawn them off on the grandparents for a night or two!:laughing:)

Hi and :welcome: it is always fun to meet new Disers...we went in Nov last yr be happy to chat about that too and there is a link to my TR I just finished in my siggie too

Looking forward to seeing all your plans!:thumbsup2

thanks!

And, CONGRATULATIONS on 15 years!:cloud9: It is a big accomplishment:woohoo:

thank you that is so kind :goodvibes

I'm here! Congrats on 15 years!!:goodvibes

hey Barbara...thanks for coming over and thanks for the congrats...big fun yr! I was pregant for yr 10 this will be a real treat :lovestruc

I'm here!! Can't wait to hear all about the plans. Brian and I spent our 10th in WDW, it was fun doing the grown-up stuff without the kids. ;)

I know I will be picking your brain for sure :thumbsup2

Woot! Page One!

So happy you're getting romantical at Disney for your anniversary!!
Looking forward to the fun planning days ahead!

Kathy

Woot! Page One!

So happy you're getting romantical at Disney for your anniversary!!
Looking forward to the fun planning days ahead!

Kathy

At Disney World & still page one! :thumbsup2

woo-hoo! I'm IN!!! :woohoo:

YAY 3 of my FAV Disers are here....Amy you crack me up :rotfl: welcome all!

hey Jennifer...man you will quick this morning ;) thanks for joining in! and DisMomAmy will be jealous of your first reader title :lauging:
One of the rare times I'm quick! :rotfl:

;) nice!

Just joining in and I have to say I am jealous. I hope that DH and I can do Disney alone for our 10th anniversary in 2014 at BLT.

Can't wait to hear all about your planning!

Before we get started in all the planning let’s look back and see how Disney became part of the love equation for Julie and Matt…

THEN:

Scan1.jpg

NOW:

100_8351.jpg

Matt and I met back while we were in HS (even though we attended different ones) through a mutual friend. It all happened on a dark and stormy night…seriously! :laughing:

Several years had passed and due to our own unexpected circumstances we both ended up at the local community college. I was walking through the Arts building wet from rain and needing to find a restroom, I saw a friend and said hello quickly as I was passing by, but when this person moved, someone else was standing behind him… it was, Matt.

I totally forgot I was wet and where I needed to be and bee lined down to say hi to him…later while I went off to class I was regretting in my head that we didn’t exchange numbers or anything…but later that afternoon there was knock on my door (I lived at home w/ my parents) and there he was…again, Matt.

He had remembered where I lived. We just instantly connected back together and went to see a movie…

Aladdin :genie:

I remember like it was the Spring of 1993 all over again as we walked through the mall to the show and my hand slipped into his…it was a whole new world for him and I.

We became inseparable from this moment forward. I was working at the Disney Store in the mall and he’d come to visit for lunch and go out w/ the friends I made through working there. On Valentine’s Day in 1994 he asked me to marry him and I said yes…the following summer he was preparing to head off to basic training in the Air Force and our wedding would follow that fall…but it wasn’t going to be that easy…

I found solitude in my friends at work and after much arm twisting went w/ a whole group to seeing the opening of The Lion King at the movies…I didn’t want to w/out Matt (but I did enjoy it)…that Circle of Life has really come full circle for Matt and I…he had to leave basic training due to an unforeseen medical issue and our wedding plans came to a halt.

We were married a year later in July of 1996 and began our life…but Disney has always found its way in.

Scan10001.jpg

In 1994 and 1995 we took two trips together once w/ my Mom and the 2nd w/ my parents.

1994:

Scan10003.jpg

Scan10004.jpg

Scan10008.jpg

and then in 1998 we went w/ friends.

100_3901.jpg

100_1919.jpg

It was this trip I unknowing knew 2 extra passengers came along for the ride as I was newly pregnant w/ twins…Nathan and Rebekah, they were born in the spring of 1999 and their younger sisters (Rachel & Naomi-Ruth) followed in the Novembers of 2002 and 2006.

Our family circle was complete and we have shared 4 family trips w/ them since, in 2005, 2008, 2009, and 2010…Disney is a HUGE part of our lives.

This place that Walt created has become a second home, a place of solitude from the troubles of life…job loss, health concerns and raising special needs children.

Looking Back…

100_0986.jpg

100_2052.jpg

100_1999.jpg

image050.jpg

Image050-1.jpg

100_7555.jpg

Photo0181FourBySix.jpg

About 3 years ago, Matt and I actually started thinking of this trip…we knew we wanted and needed a 2nd honeymoon and knew no other place would do but Walt Disney World…does it seem odd to be going w/out our kids? maybe a little, but really it all started w/ a Mouse for us ::MickeyMo

Up next…planning basicsThanks for reading, J

Did I squeak into page one???? I hope so!

Hooray for your Mickey-Versary!!

Yep Sheresa you made it on page 1 :woohoo: it will be fun planning this trip and knowing we'll be down there too at the same time...would love to meet you, your DH and that precious baby of yours too :goodvibes

Just joining in and I have to say I am jealous. I hope that DH and I can do Disney alone for our 10th anniversary in 2014 at BLT.

keep wishing and dreaming :goodvibes

Can't wait to hear all about your planning!

thanks for joining in!!!

Yeah!! I can't wait to read all about this trip -- I hope you all have a blast and I know you will!

Love the pictures of you and Matt over the years!

And just got to ask, did you ever make it to the restroom?!? ;):rotfl2::rotfl:

Here! How exciting that you have started your PTR for your anniversary trip! That means it is right around the corner! :yay:

I am a big sappy, gooey mess after reading your story about ending up with Matt! That is the stuff of a good romance film, I tell ya! Love, love, love it! Ate up every last bit of it! :laughing: Not to mention how much I love that your first date was to go see Aladdin! Adorable! (Side note: Our first date was to see The Fugitive with Harrison Ford. :lmao:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter