• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Happy Snow Day!!!

I am glad our local school boards announced they'd do remote learning today so at least kiddo is kept busy! I am not looking forward to the shoveling later.

We are a full system shut down.....no remote learning today.
I can't even get out of the driveway to go and get a coffee.
Yeah shoveling will be fun,, time to pay those kids in the neighborhood .

Hugs
Mel

We are a full system shut down.....no remote learning today.
I can't even get out of the driveway to go and get a coffee.
Yeah shoveling will be fun,, time to pay those kids in the neighborhood .

Hugs
Mel

That's nice, a real snow day! They shut libraries, vaccination clinics, moved garbage pick up by a day, but schools moved to remote learning for the two big boards any way.

I wonder if kiddo could do the whole driveway on his own... for money of course :D probably not...

Hubby is out there with the snowblower now. I went out to help him and shovelled the steps. When I got to the bottom I misjudged the step and just sank into the snow up to my knees and fell over. Of course hubby was laughing too hard to help me up :rolleyes::rotfl:

Hubby is out there with the snowblower now. I went out to help him and shovelled the steps. When I got to the bottom I misjudged the step and just sank into the snow up to my knees and fell over. Of course hubby was laughing too hard to help me up :rolleyes::rotfl:

Oh no! I hope you didn't hurt yourself! I didn't think there was that much out there yet. Once in a decade storm... I guess we'll manage lol

Hugs Pigletto,, be careful Hon ,,so much snow is coming down.
I am trying to decide if I should watch another episode of my favorite show A Discovery of Witches OR go back to bed.
Hmmmmmm such difficult choices.

Hugs
Mel

Hugs Pigletto,, be careful Hon ,,so much snow is coming down.
I am trying to decide if I should watch another episode of my favorite show A Discovery of Witches OR go back to bed.
Hmmmmmm such difficult choices.

Hugs
Mel

Nap first :)
Is that a good show? I see it pop up on my facebook all the time but am not sure where to watch it (how to watch it?). Seems like something I'd enjoy.

Pigletto, I hope you are ok.
Full system snow stay, my nephew is excited! Can not see across the street. I am super glad to be working from home today, but it should be an even crazier day. I have a dentist appt at 6pm 🤨. Stay warm everyone .

DH went out and shovelled so I could go for a pedicure. When I came upstairs from my walk on the treadmill it didn't look like he'd done anything (it's coming down that fast). I haven't seen a snow like this in years.

I called and cancelled as they are asking non essential outings to stay off the roads. Thankfully I think the owner of the shop is going to stay at home also and just cancel her appointments. I'll make it up with a nice tip. (or

I think I will just curl up in front of the TV and do some quilting.

Anyone looking for a new diversion this game can be fun (or not, depending) google Wordle (each time I try to link it the link comes up with my solution for today).

DH went out and shovelled so I could go for a pedicure. When I came upstairs from my walk on the treadmill it didn't look like he'd done anything (it's coming down that fast). I haven't seen a snow like this in years.

I called and cancelled as they are asking non essential outings to stay off the roads. Thankfully I think the owner of the shop is going to stay at home also and just cancel her appointments. I'll make it up with a nice tip. (or

I think I will just curl up in front of the TV and do some quilting.

Anyone looking for a new diversion this game can be fun (or not, depending) google Wordle (each time I try to link it the link comes up with my solution for today).

My dd got me addicted to Wordle

Mon Jan 17 World Snow Day - so will this be correct in Ontario as they are predicting a huge snow storm on Monday. We shall see !!!!
Well for Ontario it certainly came true. Imagine that = the weather people predicted a snow storm and it really happened.
This was the view from my front door this morning.
20220117_084625 snowmageden.jpg The snow was hip deep when I went out to start the shoveling.
I went out and shoveled my sidewalk and the city sidewalk, took a wee break then went across the road and helped my neighbour shovel some of her driveway. I shoveled enough for the width of her car.
Now I have to go back out and clean off the Jeeps so that my nephews girlfriend can get a ride to work. More shoveling. Maybe we won't get too much more.
Welp I just heard the snow plow go by so that means I have to go back out and get rid of the windrows so we can get out of the driveway.
Here are the Jeeps ready to go out and play. Can't really see them but they are Jeeps and I know that they can't wait to go out in the snow to play.
20220117_112939.jpg

So a PSA - please go outside and check around your vents and gas meter to make sure it is all clear. I had to check mine out and one of my vents (which I think is for a bathroom fan) and my gas meter were covered in snow so I cleaned them all up.

I was out this afternoon playing in the snow. Did off the driveway for the 3rd time then did the path at the side of the house and finally got to the back patio which hadn't been touched yet. That took a while. I was just going to get a start on it but I ended up doing the whole thing. Fashioned some benches around the fire pit which will be nice if they harden up with the cold.

Came in ate some leftovers for dinner and now I'm not going to move for the rest of the day. It was fun but I think I'll be feeling it tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter