Hard Rock - double check your room charges!

tjmw2727

DIS Veteran
Just back from HRH checked out on Saturday and for the 2nd time in a row I had an extra charge on my bill for room service on my check out day. I can honestly say I have never ordered room service in any hotel anywhere!

First time was on our Thanksgiving trip last month, charge was 66.xx and I had a bit of a struggle getting it corrected, thought I was going to end up disputing it via my cc'd but in the end they gave me a credit.

This time the rep seemed to know exactly what I was calling about the minute she pulled up my reservation number ? This charge was for 19.xx again on our checkout day and she immediately apologized and put through a credit for me.

There was also a 17.00 charge for the one beer I ordered at Finnegan's while waiting on our table. That receipt had to be requested and "investigated" but even at the theme parks 17.00 for a Bud Light is a bit much :)

I am sure its all going to be resolved but I wanted to give a heads up to double check those folios and your cc'd statements!

Happy New Year

With my incorrect charges it has been an extra day of parking charges. A good reminder to check receipts at any of the hotels!

Good advice for sure. When we stayed at Cabana bay this past November, one of our four identical room reservations mysteriously had a $44 charge on it when we checked in. When we questioned it, they initially said it was because we had an extra adult in one of the rooms, which wasn't true. Come to find out it was a parking charge mysteriously added on, even though we didn't have a car. It wasn't a particularly enjoyable start to the trip.

On our last trip at RPR, we had an erroneous charge from the store. It made me wonder if someone gave our room number intentionally (to avoid charges to their own room) or if the employee just fat fingered the number. Or misheard.

I travel fairly often and I never use room charging for this reason. My only exception is Universal or Disney because it's so convenient especially for my kids since we often separate when our interests differ. Honestly though I may just decline the option at Universal next trip if this isn't easily resolved this time.

Still seems overly sketchy to me that both recent stays had the same erroneous charge - ie room service on checkout day :)

We had a charge from Sal's on our kids' CBBR room at checkout. Seemed really fishy to me too, how was something charged to the room if charging wasn't even authorized? They took it off without arguing but they seem to have a real problem somewhere...

Last time I stayed at RPR I had a $10 charge for the water bottle they have in the room (I think its Fiji?). I always bring my own water because I'm sure not paying that much for water lol. I figured it was a hold and waited to see if it came off my bill, it never did. I had to call them and they took the charge off.

Whenever we travel anywhere, the night before we checkout, I request a folio and review it and match it to any receipts from direct charges to the room. Then, at checkout I don't hold up the next guest or delay our checkout. We typically never charge anything to our room day of checkout for that purpose knowing that all the charges accumulated the night before have been checked and upon checkout that is the final number.

Last time I stayed at RPR I had a $10 charge for the water bottle they have in the room (I think its Fiji?). I always bring my own water because I'm sure not paying that much for water lol. I figured it was a hold and waited to see if it came off my bill, it never did. I had to call them and they took the charge off.

We had the same thing at HRH, they said we drank the one in the room at check in. We had pictures of the room we took at check in that showed the counter they put it on was empty. They removed the charge.

I never thought to take photos of the room at check in, that's a good idea. In our case, the water was there the whole time, we never touched it lol. I'll be checking into RPR again in a couple days, so I'll definitely start taking photos of the room at check in.

I never thought to take photos of the room at check in, that's a good idea. In our case, the water was there the whole time, we never touched it lol. I'll be checking into RPR again in a couple days, so I'll definitely start taking photos of the room at check in.

We just took pics of the room because it was so nice! The water not being there happened to be a good coincidence. :)

Yeah but, it's Fiji. The world's best water.

If you're staying more than a couple of days, it's worth it at check in to request them to email you a copy of your folio each day. Every morning while my daughter is showering, I go over all my charges and compare them, then toss my receipts. I do it that way rather than wait until the last day when I'm busy.

You can also check your bill on the tv every day.

Always check, no matter where you stay. I found a dinner at some place in Portofino charged to my RPR room. They asked a couple questions but they refunded the charge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter