Hard Rock - Sold out or not sold out, that is the question

timbuk3

Earning My Ears
I have a reservation for 6/16-6/19 that I want to extend for 3 more nights. I made it through HRH directly at the Entertainment Rate. They are claiming that 6/19-6/22 are sold out, even though the Hard Rock site, HotelKingdom, and HotelDiscounts are all selling those nights. I really want to make the ressie through HRH to combine them so we don't have to change rooms, etc., even if at a slightly higher rate.

Anyone have a suggestion of who to call? Do I just have to tell them that its available online all over the place? Just looking for someone with past success as getting around this.

Thanks,

Tim

With hotels, they give a certain number of discounted rooms to certain companies. When they sell out of their alloted number, they say their sold out. The hotel may not be sold out, but the company will be sold out with their discounted rooms. HRH will have X number of discounted rooms, Travelocty.com will have Y number, etc. If you don't want to change rooms, find who has the availability and book it.

I think what they mean is the number of rooms that they can book at those rates. It is indeed limited and often fill very fast.

After considering many aspects, we decided to arrive at our Disney resort earlier. I recently canceled a couple of days from our reservation in mid-August. Figured that we added too many and having FOTL access may free up a lot of time, so those were booked with Entertainment rates, if anyone wants to hop in and give it a try.

The dates were Aug 23, 24 & 25.

Wanda

Same thing happened to me. Last trip I had one night reserved through the HRH at the entertainment rate then one night through hotelkingdom.com. The rep at HRH explained that these discount internet sites (hoteldiscounts.com, expedia.com etc.) buy blocks of rooms to resell. Once they buy a block of rooms the HRH no longer has those rooms on their inventory. It really was not a problem, they let me stay in the same room, i just had to "check out" and then immediately "check back in" in the morning. It only took about ten minutes.

I JUST RETURNED TODAY 3/29/02. I BOOKED THROUGH HOTEL
KINGDOM.COM. I HAD NO PROBLEMS AT ALL. THEY WERE BOOKED
FULL WHEN I CALLED LOWE'S. THE HOTEL WAS FULL WHEN
WE ARRIVED ON 03/25/02.

EVERYTHING WENT WELL!!! I WOULD USE THEM AGAIN
IN A HEART BEAT!!!

JAW

You won't have to change rooms if you book the same room category. Just tell them to link the 2 reservations at check-in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter