Hard tickets - where to pick up?

CyndiLooWho

DIS Veteran
I bought our tickets at UT and added them to the app. If we would prefer hard tickets to passing my phone around, is there a spot to pick them up at Downtown Disney, or at a DL hotel even if we are not staying in one? Or can we get away with screen shotting the tickets and passing the shots to each person to keep on their own phone?

Thanks! I know how to handle all the Orlando parks, this is our first trip to DL.

You can load everyone’s tickets to everyone’s phones/app (you aren’t limited to one phone per ticket). When you scan into a park you may be given hard tickets. If you aren’t given them, you can ask.

You can load everyone’s tickets to everyone’s phones/app (you aren’t limited to one phone per ticket). When you scan into a park you may be given hard tickets. If you aren’t given them, you can ask.
OK, that sounds good. We are going to have dinner at DD on our arrival night, and thought we might be able to handle ahead of time. The will call kiosk at the Orlando parks always has a long line and wanted to avoid. If the turnstile operator can give us one, that's awesome.

OK, that sounds good. We are going to have dinner at DD on our arrival night, and thought we might be able to handle ahead of time. The will call kiosk at the Orlando parks always has a long line and wanted to avoid. If the turnstile operator can give us one, that's awesome.

I'm pretty sure that they do that right there. I've had tickets bought from CityPASS where I took my receipt (with code) to the entrance and a printer printed up my ticket on the spot. I then linked my ticket to the Disneyland app to take care of ride reservations, and where I could use either paper or virtual tickets for my entire group. One day my wife wanted to sleep in an she had her paper ticket without the Disneyland app and had no problem using it.

I don't think it's possible to print more than one paper ticket for each guest though.

I'm sure you already know this, but just throwing it out there that if you have MagicBand+, you can use those at DLR now.

Everyone in your group will be given a paper ticket the first time you scan in at the turnstile. No need to go out of your way to the ticket booth.

They don't always automatically print paper tickets on first scan in anymore (we didn't get them in December and I've seen a few other reports of this as well). If they don't print automatically, others have reported you can just ask the CM at the turnstile to print it for you.

Interesting that others did not get them in December. We did get them at the turnstiles in December, and the CM made a point of telling us to hang on to those b/c they were for the full trip (not just that day).

I'm sure you already know this, but just throwing it out there that if you have MagicBand+, you can use those at DLR now.
So one of the many MB I have from WDW can be used at DL. I just need to link my ticket to the band?

So one of the many MB I have from WDW can be used at DL. I just need to link my ticket to the band?

It has to be a Magicband+ so make sure it is the right type.

Emphasizing this response from Kerr84 to you, ottawamom. MB and MB2 will not work currently at DLR. Only MB+ (the one you have to charge). But it is a nice convenience. Not nearly as much functionality as at WDW, but still a nice convenience.

They don't always automatically print paper tickets on first scan in anymore (we didn't get them in December and I've seen a few other reports of this as well). If they don't print automatically, others have reported you can just ask the CM at the turnstile to print it for you.

Great to know that I can just ask for the paper ticket if they don't spit out automatically because I prefer them!

We're going in June and have younger kids so only DH and I will have phones. I doubt that we'll pay for MB+. Any suggestions on the easiest way to handle everyone's tickets? Especially for scanning into LL? Should we ask for paper tickets and have one of us adults hang onto them or just use our phones? What's the best way to store hard tickets (are they actual paper or more like a plastic card?)

We're going in June and have younger kids so only DH and I will have phones. I doubt that we'll pay for MB+. Any suggestions on the easiest way to handle everyone's tickets? Especially for scanning into LL? Should we ask for paper tickets and have one of us adults hang onto them or just use our phones? What's the best way to store hard tickets (are they actual paper or more like a plastic card?)
They are paper tickets. You can either scan those or use your phone and scroll through everyone's ticket on the app. I would try both and see which you like better. They both have their advantages and disadvantages, but I would definitely want the paper tickets, even just as a backup, in case my phone battery started getting lower.

Either my husband or I would hang on to the kids’ paper tickets, and then I just used my phone to scan us all in for LL.

Mine are teenagers, but it is still much faster/easier for me to open the app and scan in for the 4 of us (me, DH, 2 kids). Even if everyone is super familiar with the app, it's just faster to have one person scroll and scan instead of multiple people coming up to the CM or scanner with their phone or paper ticket, one at a time. The CMs don't even make you walk through one at a time - it's just scan-scan-scan-scan, and then the family group walks through together at once.

I don't have great advice on the ticket storage part. Like PP said, they are just paper tickets, not those plastic credit-card shaped ones that you get for your room which fit nicely into lanyards. I just stuck them and a few other small essentials into a ziplock baggie to keep it all dry in my pocket.

I don't have great advice on the ticket storage part. Like PP said, they are just paper tickets, not those plastic credit-card shaped ones that you get for your room which fit nicely into lanyards. I just stuck them and a few other small essentials into a ziplock baggie to keep it all dry in my pocket.
Thanks! This is helpful.

We wanted paper tickets when we went in December, and figured maybe we could get them the night before (with our printed ones from home) at one of the kiosks (as we used to do pre-Covid), just to save time at the gate in the morning. Nope. Not anymore. With the reservation system, they can't actually SEE and print your ticket until the first day you are scheduled to enter the park.

May I mention here how much I HATE the picture taking thing on the first day you enter and how much that slows down every line? I've often wondered why they don't have lines specifically FOR that.

We wanted paper tickets when we went in December, and figured maybe we could get them the night before (with our printed ones from home) at one of the kiosks (as we used to do pre-Covid), just to save time at the gate in the morning. Nope. Not anymore. With the reservation system, they can't actually SEE and print your ticket until the first day you are scheduled to enter the park.

May I mention here how much I HATE the picture taking thing on the first day you enter and how much that slows down every line? I've often wondered why they don't have lines specifically FOR that.
You just have to go on one of the busiest days ever, at park open hahaha! On Dec. 27th, they skipped photo taking when we scanned in that morning. (They did it in the evening when we came back after a break and said they often skip when it's super-busy.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter