• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Harmony Barber Shop

Disnerd6838

Mouseketeer
Hey guys!
So I’m a first time dad and we are taking our 10 month old boy down to Disney in August. I’m really hoping to make a reservation at the Harmony Barber Shop on 6/28 for his first haircut! Does anyone know what time the reservation window opens? I know it’ll be a tough reservation to secure but I want to at least try.

Thanks 😁

We did our daughter's first haircut there in March 2020, immediately before everything closed down. I think the reservation window was pretty far in advance, at least 60 days, but right now I think you can't get one because they haven't technically reopened. It actually wasn't all that difficult to get, at least back then, we just booked it online. It was a fun experience and a nice memory, more for my wife and I. They even sprinkled my wife with some of the pixie dust so she and DD would be matching. And even though DD was only 10 months old at the time and clearly doesn't remember it, she still talks about it when she sees the pair of first haircut ears that she was given.

I am in the exact same boat as you and came here to find the answer also. I have not come across the answer here or on Google. I am going to try at 0600 like the dining reservations. I am also interested to see what the price will be since everything else took a drastic increase in the 2 years the shop has been closed.

Anyone know what age is the youngest you can get a haircut? The website says guest of all ages. Our son was 7 months old when he got his but his brother will be much younger.

I am going to try and book for the 2nd half of our trip and if I can secure a reservation I will stop in a few days prior to see if he is eligible for his 1st haircut.

I used the app too and was able to snag 8/9 which was my first pick! Hopefully my little guy isn't too little for his first cut!

I used the app too and was able to snag 8/9 which was my first pick! Hopefully my little guy isn't too little for his first cut!
Not sure how old your little one is, but my youngest had his first haircut at Harmony Barber Shop when he was 6 months old and it was great!

Is it like dining reservations where you can book any day of your trip on the first day of your window?

Yes, you can book at the 60 day mark. They are reopening 7/31. They opened up bookings on 6/28. I am not sure how everyone else did it but I used the search function of DME and at 0600 it said check availability

I tried at 6am/11am my time and couldn't get anything for the 60 day mark again today. I wonder if it's because I'm in the UK :(

I got one for the first day they re-open but Disney opened reservations for the barbershop like 3-5 minutes before 6am and they went super fast. I hesitated on one time for a second and missed it and quickly just clicked another time. Luckily I got the second time I clicked on. My daughter will be 3 and we’ve been waiting to get her haircut at Disney. This was our last chance to do it because we have no more Disney trips on the horizon after this one

I got one for the first day they re-open but Disney opened reservations for the barbershop like 3-5 minutes before 6am and they went super fast. I hesitated on one time for a second and missed it and quickly just clicked another time. Luckily I got the second time I clicked on. My daughter will be 3 and we’ve been waiting to get her haircut at Disney. This was our last chance to do it because we have no more Disney trips on the horizon after this one

On the app or the website? 7/18 is my 60 days so I want to be ready!

Just coming on here to add, my 60 day window opened today and the times were available to book when I logged on around 5:40. So if you’re looking for a reservation you might want to start trying before 6am! Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter