Harmony of the seas (tips or advice)

savage1117

Mouseketeer
I recently booked a thanksgiving cruise on Harmony. Is there a previous post with tips or suggestions on improving our vacation. This is only our second cruise with RC and first on Harmony. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

This will be my first cruise on Harmony in September but we cruised Oasis this passed November and loved it!

I'm no expert but can give you a few tips that work for us. First off since we are only in a junior suite this time we booked the Key which gives you a few upgraded services like internet for each person, an embarkation lunch at Chops or Jaime's, priority embarkation and debarkation, private times on the flow rider and rock climbing wall and suite seating for shows but you still need to make reservations and a few other benefits too.

Speaking of which definitely make show reservations as soon as you can on the cruise planner website.

Decide if you want or need a drink package. We like the refreshment package since it includes everything but alcoholic drinks - the "mocktails" are yum!

Johnny Rockets serves a nice free sit down breakfast that was quite tasty - they have a cover charge for lunch and dinner but not too many people seemed to realize breakfast is free!

We love booking a cabin on deck 8 because it has Central Park and we enjoy spending lots of quiet time out there.

That's all I can think of for now. I'm sure other Oasis class experts will be along soon. Enjoy your cruise!

What kind of tips do you want?

If you're upper deck and you need to go down a few floors quick, the abyss (wear long sleeves so you dont burn your elbows) is a good option lol

If you want to do the escape room (I believe it's now age 12+) then pre-book once it's available.

You can get free hard ice cream most days in the windjammer...

I dont know if you have kids or what ages, but most days they'll show a family movie in the movie theatre in adventure ocean
You can check out bags of toys for kids up to around 3 from the nursery rather than pack your own.

If you need a drink package / internet / specialty dining book those on the Cruise Planner, as they are usually available at a small discount, and occasionally at a larger discount. If you do see a better deal but have already booked something, cancel that booking and rebook at the new price.

If you're not up to doing the drink package, a 10-drink punch card usually shows up around Day 4. You can get drinks with cost up to $13 for around $9 per punch.

Johnny Rockets is one of my preferred breakfast spots as it's one of the few times the Boardwalk is quiet. You get a slightly obstructed view of the water as well.

Mini-bites is also open for breakfast. It's a limited buffet but they also have eggs to order.

MDR is sometimes open for breakfast and lunch (custom salads and a lunch menu). Much less crowded than the Windjammer. If you've been on DCL then expect WJ to be like Cabanas at breakfast and lunch.

Avoid the Promenade during a sale. Since this is your second RCI cruise, you probably know that already.

Outside the Promenade is the running track. There are a few nooks and crannies where you can look out onto the water and chill out. It's nice if you don't have an oceanview balcony.

Enjoy!

Thanks everyone these are great. It will me and my daughter 13. We have an inside cabin booked on 14th floor. I did purchase the key as we are used to being in suites but couldn’t swing it this time.

Deck 14 can get loud depending on where you are. Gueseing you're closer to the bow, near Central Park? That should be a little less noisy than the stern, where the Boardwalk is.

Deck 14 can get loud depending on where you are. Gueseing you're closer to the bow, near Central Park? That should be a little less noisy than the stern, where the Boardwalk is.
It actually looks like we are right in the middle of floor 14.

Ok so I think that puts you near the card room... which can get pretty noisy at times. But I did have an outside balcony on 14 near the card room and the inside cabins, and the sound didn’t drift much into the halls. So hopefully that will be the case for you.

How far in advance of the sailings do the bookings open up on cruise planner? Such as shows, dining, and drink packages. Thanks

It varies, but the window opens up usually 2-3 months before sailing for shows. Dining and packages are earlier. I want to say 6 months but it could be earlier than that.

Check out Nancy_Drew's trip report. It gives some good insight on her experience in to 'the Key.'

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter