Harmony vs Oasis

FigmentSpark

DIS Veteran
Both have similar (Eastern) itineraries, air fare would be the same for me and the same rooms are available for the exact same price. Which would you do?

The only difference I can think of is that one goes from Port Canaveral - that's flying into MCO, overnighting and finding a way to the port an hour away vs flying into Ft Lauderdale, overnighting and taking a cab to the port. Is this even an issue?

Also looking at Allure, which seems cheaper, but a western itinerary.

Have been on Oasis and the Allure and booked Harmony for Feb. Had a better cruise on the Allure than the Oasis (and like the Western itinerary better than the Eastern) but would definitely choose the Harmony - newer ship and slides!

Hmm... I have a 13 and 15 year old. There are more waterslides or just better waterslides on the Harmony?

Hmm... I have a 13 and 15 year old. There are more waterslides or just better waterslides on the Harmony?
Currently, Harmony is the ONLY Oasis Class ship with slides. Next dry dock for Allure and Oasis of the Seas there are rumored plans to add the slides.

Both have similar (Eastern) itineraries, air fare would be the same for me and the same rooms are available for the exact same price. Which would you do?

The only difference I can think of is that one goes from Port Canaveral - that's flying into MCO, overnighting and finding a way to the port an hour away vs flying into Ft Lauderdale, overnighting and taking a cab to the port. Is this even an issue?

Also looking at Allure, which seems cheaper, but a western itinerary.

Haha, just been through same thing. PC is much closer to us and same itinerary cheaper.

We did sail on Oasis in 2015 and LOVED it! so I wouldn't be sad to go on it again but after studying Harmony .... we booked it this weekend. Four cabins so far, expect a few more.

Why did we pick Harmony?
- NEW
- The cabins are beautiful and much prettier than Oasis
- The colors in the cabins are spa soothing
- Wonderland
- Cool things like the Robot Bartenders
- GREASE!!! not Cats. We already saw Cats (at least a few of us). Theater half empty. Great show but a sad tale does not belong on cruise ships where folks want to enjoy themselves.
- Crazy Abyss Slides
- Cool water slides
- Central Park View Inside rooms, awesome value!!

But if you haven't been on Oasis, it's a great ship - we loved it! No negatives and superb service.

As far as ports, PC is much easier if you are driving, it's just well organized and less busy. We drove to Orlando, picked up others at MCO, got hotel by WDW, dinner at Kona, fireworks on beach then drove to port next day, a breeze. While we drove to FL, family flew in. They got a hotel not far and taxi to port. No issues at all for them either.

Last edited:

You like the Central Park views? I thought about that, but worried it would be too noisy and less private. It's a cool idea, though.

We've only done DCL, so far, but this is much cheaper. I have to wrap my head around how another company 'does' it... what are the ins and outs and what will the kids be doing. What's a vacation without the 'mouse' involved going to be like? lol.

We'd be flying in. That said, we 'could' drive to Port Canaveral in 2 days if we had to, but to Ft Lauderdale... that's an extra half day. I don't think we'd do it.

We're looking at next spring break. I have no idea what the prices were when the itineraries were released, or even if that matters.

For the same price I would definitely go with Harmony. It's a newer ship, has slides, like you said Port Everglades is more convenient.

We're sailing on Oasis during February break. I was hoping to book Harmony, but the price was 45% more than Oasis that week.

You like the Central Park views? I thought about that, but worried it would be too noisy and less private. It's a cool idea, though.

We've only done DCL, so far, but this is much cheaper. I have to wrap my head around how another company 'does' it... what are the ins and outs and what will the kids be doing. What's a vacation without the 'mouse' involved going to be like? lol.

We'd be flying in. That said, we 'could' drive to Port Canaveral in 2 days if we had to, but to Ft Lauderdale... that's an extra half day. I don't think we'd do it.

We're looking at next spring break. I have no idea what the prices were when the itineraries were released, or even if that matters.

On Oasis we had Ocean Balcony HUMP, 3 in a row opened up. Hump is much bigger. This trip since we had some needing a lower price point we booked two OV Balcony Hump and then right across hall the other cabins are Central Park View INTERIOR. They don't have balcony, sealed large window. We've had these on Freedom over the Promenade and they were not loud at all, only noise we heard was during parade and we were sitting in window seat watching.

I don't remember these cabins on Oasis. Central Park stays surprisingly very quiet and peaceful, like a garden and the noise wouldn't bother me, just if I'm paying for a balcony I don't want to look at others, rather the ocean. But now Boardwalk balconies have lots of noise to contend with, I wouldn't want there.

Depending on your numbers I would also check out the Family Ocean Suite, I would love that cabin.

Here is the Interior Central Park View cabin. DD booked it for a total of $1800 (2 of them) plus got $100 OBC from RCI and $200 OBC from TA. That covers their tips and some specialty dining.

18274681_10154780545614102_3505130794059802604_n.jpg

18238233_10154780545669102_8625459912151274914_o.jpg

I listen to the Dreams Unlimited Podcasts about the Harmony after they did a 2 day cruise when the Harmony was first launched. It was very helpful to listen to their opinions as well as comparison with the Oasis. FWIW, they really seemed to prefer the Harmony but like both.

I believe the podcast date was 2/6/17 (or thereabouts). It might be helpful :)

We just came off Oasis and loved every minute of it, so been looking into other RCCL cruises. We looked at Harmony but one big negative for us was the Solarium. There's no adult pool in the Solarium, and this is where we spent much of our time on Oasis. Especially on sea days.

Currently, Harmony is the ONLY Oasis Class ship with slides. Next dry dock for Allure and Oasis of the Seas there are rumored plans to add the slides.

Symphony will have slides too, but it's currently not cruising and won't be in Florida until the fall of next year (I think - forget exact date).

We just came off Oasis and loved every minute of it, so been looking into other RCCL cruises. We looked at Harmony but one big negative for us was the Solarium. There's no adult pool in the Solarium, and this is where we spent much of our time on Oasis. Especially on sea days.

Oh! Can you share what you loved about Oasis of the Seas? That's our first RCL experience in a few months (no kids, just us celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary). Any "can't miss" or "must do" items? Ours is a 7-day and I can't wait! I've only cruised Carnival once many years ago and DCL 3x with the kids.

Oh! Can you share what you loved about Oasis of the Seas? That's our first RCL experience in a few months (no kids, just us celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary). Any "can't miss" or "must do" items? Ours is a 7-day and I can't wait! I've only cruised Carnival once many years ago and DCL 3x with the kids.

To be fair, Oasis was only our second cruise (first was a 5 day with Carnival about 8 years ago) and our first experience with RCCL, so we didn't have much to compare it to. The whole ship was gorgeous and the amount of things to do - from places to visit, places to eat, the activity schedule, etc. kept us busy the whole time. We were never bored, and I do remember being bored at points on our prior Carnival cruise. On our sea days, we loved relaxing in the Solarium. Between the adult pool where we could hang out, the bar, and the proximity to the Windjammer, it was a great place to spend the day. We also thought all the entertainment and shows were great. And we loved the options of the specialty dining. Even though we had to pay, the hibachi and steakhouse were awesome. I would call any of the specialty restaurants a "must do". It's nice to have those options. Everything was just top notch and enjoyable, and made us want to go again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter