• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Harry and Meghan Netflix documentary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people misread that. They thought the NFL game was the distraction. I was just clarifying that. I actually love football so that would not be a distraction for me, but our season is over.

I don't know that it's a distraction for some people. They seem really into this stuff. Which is fine just own it.
You're putting a lot of effort into assessing everyone's distractions. I guarantee I put far less time into this every week than a football fan puts into their distraction. And our season isn't even over yet.

Last edited:

Is there a common thread here that explains it?
What you give attention, grows.
That works for good, that works for bad.

What is considered the better strategy when you have a toddler with a tantrum? Lay down on the floor next to him and start yelling and crying and begging him to stop, or ignoring him and waiting for it to pass.
The more the press yells, the less the Palace has to. The more H&M yell and scream, the more the RF looks like the reasonable parent.

You can't really compare the treatment of Edward & Wallis or Charles & Camilla as in both cases it was a completely different time in how the media exists in the '30s, '90s and '20s.4

(It doesn't work just with H&M, if we work really hard in this thread, we can do the same here ;-) )

Last edited:
I have watched some of the media articles and "royal experts" ( :rolleyes1) list each point of contention and go tit-for-tat on whether any point is untrue or misleading. Step back for a moment and take the 30,000 foot view of what is happening. See if you can explain why the RF is responding the way they do: mild if any response, saying recollections may differ and leaving it there, not publishing the employee complaint report by the Palace HR, saying M&H are still much loved family members, etc. Is there a common thread here that explains it? Compare with what happened with Edward VIII and Wallis, Charles and Camilla etc. There is plenty of sub-par investigative reporting journalism out there, but sometimes there are some interesting facts and clues (if reliable.) I enjoy a good mystery.

it is interesting seeing the seemingly lack of response on the rf's part. i do wonder though if eugenie and beatrice aren't relishing something taking the spotlight off their branch of the family for at least a brief moment.

it is interesting seeing the seemingly lack of response on the rf's part. i do wonder though if eugenie and beatrice aren't relishing something taking the spotlight off their branch of the family for at least a brief moment.
I'm not sure. At least Eugenie is portrayed in the documentary and trailer as being #teamH&M. As we do not know exactly yet what the plan is for Eugenie and Beatrice in Charles' monarchy, they might prefer #teamCharles or #teamneutral.

With their mother being invited again to Christmas at Balmoral, I think Charles might want them on his side.

I have watched some of the media articles and "royal experts" ( :rolleyes1) list each point of contention and go tit-for-tat on whether any point is untrue or misleading. Step back for a moment and take the 30,000 foot view of what is happening. See if you can explain why the RF is responding the way they do: mild if any response, saying recollections may differ and leaving it there, not publishing the employee complaint report by the Palace HR, saying M&H are still much loved family members, etc. Is there a common thread here that explains it? Compare with what happened with Edward VIII and Wallis, Charles and Camilla etc. There is plenty of sub-par investigative reporting journalism out there, but sometimes there are some interesting facts and clues (if reliable.) I enjoy a good mystery.
I think the Royal Family is playing the long game by basically grey rocking the couple.
I expect that will continue for years.

Oh Good God. Omie Scobie just announced the title of his new book: Endgame.

"This is the monarchy's endgame. Do they have what it takes to save it?"

Is it me, or do other people also hear the iconic trailer voice: "In a world, divided by fear..."

Oh Good God. Omie Scobie just announced the title of his new book: Endgame.

"This is the monarchy's endgame. Do they have what it takes to save it?"

Is it me, or do other people also hear the iconic trailer voice: "In a world, divided by fear..."

Lots of people like Charles now who didn't before. All this stuff will probably be the making of Charles and Camilla as King and Queen.

Lots of people like Charles now who didn't before. All this stuff will probably be the making of Charles and Camilla as King and Queen.
It might be. Or it might give more traction to the people who are tired of having a monarchy at all. It's a high stakes gamble.

I only made it through 2 episodes. There's something very disingenuous about Meghan Markle. I think she thinks she's coming off as cute or funny but really she just looks very ignorant. I can't imagine meeting my future brother and sister inlaw and showing up in ripped jeans and barefoot. Have you no class?! Ugh. When there's real issues and people suffering in the world, it's hard to show Harry and Meghan any sympathy. I understand them wanting to break away from the royal family, so then go ahead and lead a private life. But to be making netflix documentaries on your so very hard life and doing interviews with Oprah where you air all your dirty laundry, no thanks.

Last edited:
Watching, I honestly never would have given any of them a single thought if not for the newspapers throwing eggs in headlines and what I see on these boards so it's all just rubbernecking curiosity. To me this is like the worlds biggest Jerry Springer episode that takes place over decades. I don't get it but can't look away either, I can't imagine the Royals are ok with the unseemly spectacle of it all, but then again they created the PR beast and use it themselves so maybe there is some Karma in the mix. Not really sure what to think, seems the press is a real life Golem now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter