Harry and Meghan Netflix documentary

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the SussexSquad is on here, they didn't slid into my DMs yet.
Do people really have the time for that? I must be behind things is there a SussexSquad (or for that matter people who are TeamRoyal) of people out there lurking for finding people on the DIS? I mean I guess that's totally possible but whew that would be next level. Like maybe if you're on twitter saying these things but the DIS??

I was thinking about H&M wanting an apology from the Royal Family. And maybe they have a point to a certain extent.
I have read some tabloid making a remark H&M wanted a special treatment for Meghan as race played an issue, and a special treatment for people of colour is considered discrimination or racist, bla bla bla. But maybe they do have a point, not because of the tabloids or people giving her bad or unfair press. But maybe Meghan should have gotten extra help of what she said that she embodied an entire race, the hope of the people of colour was on her to change an thousand year old institution. Maybe there should have been more help on how to deal with that stress.

But then again, maybe this help was offered, or the RF gave up on offering help when Meghan rejected the help of Sophie, the aides and the 30 point-document 'how to be a princess'.

Another thing that came to mind. They had a private meditation instructor on site at a certain point. And she said the following: “Remember that what is transpiring in the media, what’s being created is an illusion."
Would they see the irony in these words?

If I understand the post of Ms Bibbidi above (still readable in post #495) apparently the SussexSquad found the DIS and started harrassing her. But we are waiting for Bibbidi to come back to confirm or deny this.

If the SussexSquad is on here, they didn't slid into my DMs yet. While I have been very vocal the past year on this board that I am very firmly #teamroyal.
Nothing in that post says that she was being harassed or actually receiving a private message. Just paranoia that she might be sued.

So let’s see. They chose to up and leave the “institution” after their $45 million dollar wedding and $3.2 million dollar Frogmore Cottage renovation, they trashed the RF in front of the world in the Oprah interview last year, they refused a personal invitation to go to see HMQE while they were already in the UK just before she passed, they further threw the RF under the bus via the Netflix whateveritis, and will divulge God-only-knows-what in the book that’s coming out next month, among other things, but they want an apology from the RF? Um, ok.:rotfl2:(They probably shouldn’t hold their breath!)
I've read that H&M "repaid" the cost of renovation by making a "contribution" back to the Grant. They have renewed their lease of the home so Harry continues to be domiciled in UK. :scratchin

But is it only 10 bedrooms as opposed to their CA house which is 16, so not quite as roomy. :rolleyes: But certainly a nice vacation home.

If the UK had better weather, for sure ;)
Well not everyone vacations based on weather. Tons of folks choose to go skiing in frigid weather all the time, wearing layers on layers of clothing. Some go to Florida and south in the summer where they walk about with wet clothing from sweat. :confused3 Vacation is just doing something/somewhere away from your primary home.

@Ms Bibbidi Enjoy your posts and hope you don’t stop posting! We’ll all go down together! :lmao:
I wouldn't suggest a poster stop posting except their concern was what they typed out and posted. If you're that concerned about legal action that's how you protect yourself. Just deleting your posts does not protect yourself. Then again I made sure to mention I don't think they would actually go after a DIS poster.

Does anyone remember the pics of the ”hidden microphone” outlined on Meghan’s clothes on at least two recent occasions in the UK? Does anyone who’s watched these, um, whatever they are, see that they used any recordings from either of those events?

This was just clickbait. It's not like this is the Sopranos and they have to wear giant wires or put it in the lamp. If they were wearing secret recording devices, none of us would have any clue. Recording it and being able to use it are different things.

I wouldn't suggest a poster stop posting except their concern was what they typed out and posted. If you're that concerned about legal action that's how you protect yourself. Just deleting your posts does not protect yourself. Then again I made sure to mention I don't think they would actually go after a DIS poster.
My point is that there are literally thousands of these discussions going on everywhere around the ’net. I hardly think anyone’s going to notice our little conversation here among them, although that was a pretty great assessment she posted earlier, perhaps something like that will get singled out by sussex squad if it hits that big of a nerve. :idea:

Well not everyone vacations based on weather. Tons of folks choose to go skiing in frigid weather all the time, wearing layers on layers of clothing. Some go to Florida and south in the summer where they walk about with wet clothing from sweat. :confused3 Vacation is just doing something/somewhere away from your primary home.
True, but once you are used to the Californian sun, why go back to rainy Britain? Wet cloths from rain are less pleasant than wet cloths from sweaty warm weather ;-)

Do H&M have a reason to go back? Not till they make up with the Royal Family.
Maybe for a day or two a year to visit their charities. But their lives, work and the friends they still have are almost all in the US.
Don't think Harry will come over to the UK to promote his book.

Maybe time to hand back, sell, whatever Frogmore Cottage. And whenever they are over go to Eugenie for lodging.
Oh wait... Eugenie moved into Nottingham Cottage... No, that's too small... ;-)

I've read that H&M "repaid" the cost of renovation by making a "contribution" back to the Grant. They have renewed their lease of the home so Harry continues to be domiciled in UK. :scratchin

But is it only 10 bedrooms as opposed to their CA house which is 16, so not quite as roomy. :rolleyes: But certainly a nice vacation home.
Yes, but curious they decided to leave after the massive wedding and big renovation of their home rather than before, if it’s true they were planning their escape long before that. Seems it was part of their calculations to help increase their notoriety and wealth before they left. They only paid back some of the renovation money when the people of the UK started to complain because much of it was from public taxpayer money from the Sovereign Grant.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-54062799

My point is that there are literally thousands of these discussions going on everywhere around the ’net. I hardly think anyone’s going to notice our little conversation here among them, although that was a pretty great assessment she posted earlier, perhaps something like that will get singled out by sussex squad if it hits that big of a nerve. :idea:
I agree with you, and if you read my comments you'd see that :)

But if someone is literally that concerned that they delete nearly all their comments on a now 26 page thread because of potential legal action just deleting doesn't protect you (it's already out there via digital footprint), what does is to not post in the first place. Or you can carry on posting without deleting every comment and stop worrying about potential legal action. But I'm not that poster so it's up to them what is in their comfort level.

I agree with you, and if you read my comments you'd see that :)

But if someone is literally that concerned that they delete nearly all their comments on a now 26 page thread because of potential legal action just deleting doesn't protect you (it's already out there via digital footprint), what does is to not post in the first place. Or you can carry on posting without deleting every comment and stop worrying about potential legal action. But I'm not that poster so it's up to them what is in their comfort level.
I understand. And I did read and understand your comments. Just adding additional thoughts.

I think that this is so true. A real story would have some "warts and all" moments, something real. This is just so "good vs. evil" that its nearly cartoonish.

Also saw a quote from Harry that the Royal Family were jealous of Meghan because she was so popular...but I thought the UK media and citizens were all racist neanderthals who didn't give her a chance right off the bat because she was of mixed race lol. That doesn't jibe at all with the fact that she was embraced and loved at first, The Fab Four and all that. Suddenly when she lost her luster it was because everyone's racist? Sure.
According to the Ivy Leagues, everyone is racist.

Finished the last three.
Episode four I thought was fair & simply made me sad that everything became so acrimonious for the whole lot. It is a shame. It could have been more positive, then and going forward, with many taking a different choice in dealing with problematic aspects.

Doria, Meghan's mother, once again impacts me the most in this series. I felt tremendous compassion for her to have to sit back and watch the pain of not only hearing the disgusting racial slurs in general, but against her own daughter. The helplessness that must have brought her to see what the media was doing at the time.

-+++++++++++

And the next two episodes were exactly what I thought was going to happen. Owning your own narrative at the expense of those that you love. And the worst is owning a narrative that might not even be the full actual truth - just one's thoughts on it without actual factual back up, and it all can not be taken back. It would not make a difference now. And the media has taken it as the gospel at times, and run with it. Insert big fat sigh for all involved. What a shame.

According to the Ivy Leagues, everyone is racist.
This is only my personal thoughts -

But I believe we all have ignorance in us. And I believe that ignorance easily bleeds into prejudice. Sometimes consciously with intent & sometimes just without thought.

That all just comes from being born, in my eyes.

The difference between where one takes these deficits is sometimes life experience with others but often it is the willingness to question our own selves.

--------------

With Meghan's situation I believe that two thoughts can be true at same time.
Yes she had definite racial attacks from the media. This can not be denied. It was gross.
And yes Harry and Meghan are both acting like it all blew apart because of race issues, as if they played no part in the breakdown at all. That is absurd. And as Skywalker communicated perfectly the majority of people were fully behind their engagement & marriage. And were joyous about the addition of Meghan for a variety of reasons.. They can't change those.facts.

Last edited:
Random part five & six thoughts -

*Harry stated Meghan never once asked to leave on a permanent basis. Call me jaded but I find that hard to believe. Heck if I was going through hell that made me suicidal I would be asking my loved one to live a different life in the quiet of our conversations, even if it was a thought process that changed in an easier moment.

*Harry bothered me the most again. His line about people were jealous just because she did a better job . What the hell? First Harry please do not confuse popularity and magazine/newspaper covers with doing a better job. Sigh. He brought up his Mom's struggle. Yes there are stories that Charles could not handle how popular Diana was but once again that does not mean Charles was not doing a good job It is just popularity, not a report card.

*What bothered me the most about that was Kate. What a slap in the face to your sister-in-law who appears that you always had great joy with in the past & seemingly works hard to smooth over rough edges. To sort of insinuate Meghan's superiority in her royal duties, sigh.

*The niece -Why the heck was there a need not to invite her as said earlier but what is up with the revelation that there was a period of no communication or time spent with her. So very strange.

*At some point Meghan actually said words close to this - When there is only one side of a story, the full truth is not told.
She actually said something in that nature and did not catch a moment of irony. I was spellbound.

*The fact that Harry said he was terrified that his brother raised his voice to him made me almost fall out of my seat. Terrified? Did I hear that correctly? I actually hope that I am.wtong in recollection and/or hearing. Laughing.

*I felt that there were thoughts between the lines about Oprah. Slight digs. What a strange sequence.

*And shut up Harry about appearing so noble going on about never ever opening up about the talk about Archie (skin colour story) any further. Your wife brought it up for the world.to begin with, you supported that interview and was part of the further explanation. Saying nothing is fine and your prerogative. But please do not act like the damage is not already done & you are now noble. Your choice to say nothing more gives information regardless. And no one has any way to speak to it, with your choices. How unfortunate all around.

*Harry's thoughts that he talked to William & Charles during his grandfather's funeral time, but the talk was centred around getting an apology. What? Spellbound yet again. The timing. Wow..The one-sided needs. Double wow.

I will say that I do think the institution and family members probably did fail them with the media. But my goodness, these two really think they are innocent to all the unfortunate issues that ensued..

Last edited:
I will say that I do think the institution and family members probably did fail them with the media. But my goodness, these two really think they are innocent to all the unfortunate issues that ensued..
I mean the Nazi costume apology, sure. What about the jets? They got all that nasty press because they are hypocrites, not because they have friends with jets. Poor Meaghan, her friends are just too fabulous. Talk about missing the plot.

And then everyone else had to fly commercial too, which is like the whole class not getting cake because that annoying redhead kid can't just shut up. And now they're back to taking jets to environment crap again, and poor Kate's in commercial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter