• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Harry and Meghan Netflix documentary

Status
Not open for further replies.
The event is called Trooping the Colour 😉
My guess that was the pun Meghan was going for.
It was the Queen's birthday celebration ... and that was her first thought? and she said it out loud? she was rude! No matter what she thought of it and her new family ... you don't make fun of them, their traditions, their culture AND the Queen.

He was repeatedly deliberately cruel to a disabled woman.
And for some reason he doesn't hesitate to share his unthinkable acts in his book.
He doesn't regret it either. His lack of remorse is shocking.

Unbelievable.
Over the years, I always saw a wild and impetuous person in Harry. But the meanness that's been revealed lately is mind-blowing. Modern version of the supercilious mean duke in an old novel.

Considering all the work Harry has done with the Invictus games, you would think he would have followed the story about Pat the Matron saying how he can now see as an adult how wrong it was, and he unreservedly apologises for his actions.
Again, he's not reading the room. He has grown into a pompous, selfish, mean and nasty man. And whoever is advising him needs firing.

Considering all the work Harry has done with the Invictus games, you would think he would have followed the story about Pat the Matron saying how he can now see as an adult how wrong it was, and he unreservedly apologises for his actions.
Again, he's not reading the room. He has grown into a pompous, selfish, mean and nasty man. And whoever is advising him needs firing.
He doesn't strike me as the type to heed advice. I suspect he's firmly in the driver's seat.

I don't agree with a lot of what Harry has done, but with respect, what you said in your first few sentences is not true at all. If you did not see people blame Megan in the beginning then you truly have not been following what is going on. And in the US, we didn't have nearly the same level of it that they did in the UK. So I am not sure how any American can speak to that because unless you specifically followed what was going on there, you didn't see even a fraction of it.
And people on these board very much are angry. Look at how they come after anyone that disagrees with them. It is an all out attack. Say what you want, but this thread is not an actual discussion about the book, it is a bash H&M thread and anyone that says anything remotely in favor of them get's shut down. We clearly can see that.

I'm sorry you feel like if one doesn't agree with you that is an attack. I don't see that. I just think some people can get their feelings hurt quickly.

You stated "everyone" blamed Meghan. I am only saying that is not true. I have seen both positive and negative stories. I have enjoyed this thread and think it is neat to see others opinion even if I don't agree.

Since M&H left the UK and came to the US, and have clearly used the US media to try to spin things in their favor, well I think that gives every single American the right to an opinion. It is kinda 'angry' of you to say an American has no say and has no clue what really is going on. By the way, no one does we can only base our opinion on what's out there and Harry's truth.

I was excited when I heard about Meghan. I thought it was going to be good for the monarchy in the future. Unfortunately that thought quickly faded and that is because of Meghan's behavior. It would have been so wonderful to have been the dynamic four.

This is not a bashing thread of H&M. In fact many on here have stated they wish the best for them. That they can find peace, that this book is more damaging if they truly want their family back. There has been concern for both of them and that they are able to move on with their life without bringing others down. It's not a good look, in my opinion.

Pretty sure he was really indulged growing up.
And lol, I don’t mean that just as a prince.
But as a little boy who no one ever wanted to say no to.

This was from 2020, and pretty telling, written by someone who was a friend of Diana’s.
Totally predicted what we’re seeing today.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/1242743/spoiled-prince-harry-second-son-syndrome/

We know someone who lost her mother at an early age. Everyone -- family, friends, teachers -- overcompensated so much that the girl grew up to be a pretty awful adult. Super demanding, very spoiled, just nasty. So there's that, too. William was a bit older, maybe more "set" already.

Pretty sure he was really indulged growing up.
And lol, I don’t mean that just as a prince.
But as a little boy who no one ever wanted to say no to.

This was from 2020, and pretty telling, written by someone who was a friend of Diana’s.
Totally predicted what we’re seeing today.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/1242743/spoiled-prince-harry-second-son-syndrome/
A few years ago a, I'll call it a major surprise no one saw coming, cropped up in my mother in law's family. Mother in law and her siblings range from early eighties to mid nineties now. All of the siblings have been decently close their whole lives with no major skirmishes. The issue did not relate to my mother in law directly. The sibling who was directly involved stated his intention on how to address the issue. My mother in law disagreed. The rest of her siblings felt it was up to the sibling directly involved. Mother in law blew up, threw a tantrum all over Facebook, severed ties with certain family members she randomly decided were responsible and created headaches for her siblings. Whenever anyone tries to reason with her she simply get teary and insists she's "only doing what mom would want". None of her siblings agree with her opinion on the matter but they do their best to avoid the topic. Mother in law cannot fathom that her siblings are also the children of her mother and knew her well -- in certain cases significantly longer and stronger ties due to living in the same area of the state as their mother for the last many decades of her life.

I can totally see Harry being the type to selectively "quote" things his mother said and claim insight into what her opinion would be about various situations. I'm sure he uses the fact she said Harry was like her and William like his father to his full advantage. His mother was also famously a people person who was said to care deeply about people who were hurting. Can he in good conscience read what he wrote about the school matron outloud as if he was telling it to his mother and claim that she would have laughed and given approval to him for a "ripping good yarn"?

Harry’s cruelty is significant. Usually if someone is intellectually challenged or struggles with a serious personality disorder, the public will not hold them to certain high behavioral standards. They get a pass, some slack or the benefit of the doubt. The response to their blunders and unwise choices is muted. Society understands these things.

But cruelty is a whole ‘nother matter. Cruelty to the disabled, cruelty to those who provide services, cruelty to the young, the very poor or the vulnerable elderly, cruelty to animals or other cruelty that is instigated because of the high rank or position of the cruel person are not tolerated.

Harry’s reveal of his truth, he has proven he is part of the latter - the cruel group. Inexcusable. This comes from Harry himself, not as a traumatized boy who is now manipulated, misguided and milked by Meghan.

Last edited:
Like I said earlier, it keeps getting more shocking. I've lost all respect for Harry. Obviously doesn't matter what I think of him or Meghan, but I am thinking a lot of people think the same way. I'm guessing they're unbothered by the negative press and assume the RF are behind some of it. Why wouldn't people agree with them? They're right!! Taylor Swift says it best, "stare directly at the sun but never in the mirror". It is truly never their fault no matter what they do or what feedback they receive.

I really did think Megan was behind a lot of it in the beginning, but he seems like an equal offender and partner. He just did a remarkable job of hiding these personality flaws, or what the above poster describes as cruelty plain and simple. That is pretty insightful and I agree.

I never considered it before the book and these stories have come out, but Harry reminds me a lot of my aunt. She'll refuse to speak to you, reject your calls for months on end. All because you missed her initial call because you were in the bathroom and called her back 5 minutes later. Then, out of the blue 4 months later she'll call frantically, multiple times to all of your phones and your children's phones asking why you aren't talking to her and why we're so mad at her. Classic gaslighting, through and through. It's not her fault she passed a fraudulent check on a family member's account that had passed away 15-years-ago. They were in her purse, already signed! She was mistaken on which checkbook was hers. Except it was at multiple stores. On multiple days. Over the course of a couple of months. Small towns, unfortunately she got away with this.

Then if you no longer engage because you have finally had enough of the toxicity that we've put up with for not only my life but the entirety of her siblings lives, she'll take to Facebook to lament about family not speaking to family and she doesn't know why. She'll call other family members and acquaintances and drag you through the mud based on conversations that were never had or actions that were never done. All a narrative she describes in great detail, details that wouldn't be included if the story was true. The truth doesn't require a lot of thought. It's the same with some of the narratives Harry has put out. A little too conveniently wrapped up into a bow that always places anyone not named Harold/Harry or Meghan in a bad light.

The RF have it absolutely right. People always find out the truth eventually, so it's best to just not engage and not respond.

Harry comes across as petty, jealous, whiny, and even cruel. Worse yet, NOTHING is ever his fault/responsibility. For a man pushing 40, it is staggering that Harry fails to recognize William (and by extension, his wife and children) may have had more privilege and status than himself, but as the second son, Harry was blessed with more freedom and flexibility. He focuses on what he perceives as areas he was shortchanged, and ignores the areas in which he benefited. Some couples bring out the best in one another. He and Meghan do the opposite.

Harry has apparently talked about a Matron at his school in the book:

"Unlike other matrons, Pat wasn't hot. Pat was cold. Pat was small, mousy, frazzled and her hair fell greasily into her always tired eyes. Pat didn't seem to get much joy out of life."

Harry goes on to describe that she did enjoy catching boys being naughty and was "empathy challenged" when dealing with boys' minor cuts. He says Pat had many crosses to bear.

"The biggest being her knees and spine. The latter was crooked, the former chronically stiff. Walking was hard, stairs were torture. She'd descend backwards, glacially. Often we'd stand on the landing below her, doing antic dances, making faces. Do I need to say who did this with the most enthusiasm?"

He doesn't show any remorse but instead excuses it because he did it to make his friends laugh and he says that Pat also laughed if she caught him.
"I loved cracking up my mates but nothing quite did it for me like making the otherwise miserable Pat bust a gut."

Once again, not sure this really needed to be shared with the world.

I know others have quoted this but I wanted to repost it in case it wasn't seen.
This is so disgusting that I don't know where to start.
My gosh, a grown man, with children, choosing to put this in his book,
and as others said he showed no remorse!
Most adults, if they wanted to tell the world about something like this,
would say something like, "I am ashamed and embarrassed by what I did
and I have put this in my book to ask for Pat's forgiveness."
I wonder if poor Pat is still here - I can see the media looking for her
to get a reaction!

Harry has made choices which will follow him forever, and his children as well.
Shame on him :sad2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter