~~Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire~~ (no spoilers)

Marseeya

<font color=blue>Drama Magnet<br><font color=deepp
WOW!!! :worship: :thewave:

Just came back from our early viewing and it was SO INCREDIBLE!

I'd definitely say it was better than the previous movies (except Richard Harris, of course). My only complaint was that it could have easily been 1/2 hour longer, and that still might not have been long enough.

Just wow. :banana:

Now, when can I see it again??

That's great to hear. I'm really excited. I might see if I can get a ticket and go by myself opening day.

Do you feel they left a lot out? Is that why is could have been longer?

I am so jealous! I can't wait to see it, but it will be awhile since I just had a baby.

I have a ? for you though. My 9 1/2 yo DD has read all of the HP books and is a big fan. I keep telling her that the movie might be a little too scary for her at the end, but she insists that it is ok since she has read the books and knows what to expect. Do you think this movie might be a little much for 9/10 year olds?

Thanks in advance! :teeth:

I'm going to the 12:01 AM showing Friday morning, I'm so excited :teeth:

Karel said:
That's great to hear. I'm really excited. I might see if I can get a ticket and go by myself opening day.

Do you feel they left a lot out? Is that why is could have been longer?

Well, there were so many scenes where they obviously put a whole lot of work into (the world cup scene for one), but they could only devote just a few short minutes to it because there's just so much to cover from the book in order for it all to make sense! Snape didn't get nearly enough screen time, nor did Malfoy.

I'm willing to bet all those missing scenes will be on a director's cut DVD. I imagine everything that was left out got snipped in the final edit!

llij said:
I am so jealous! I can't wait to see it, but it will be awhile since I just had a baby.

I have a ? for you though. My 9 1/2 yo DD has read all of the HP books and is a big fan. I keep telling her that the movie might be a little too scary for her at the end, but she insists that it is ok since she has read the books and knows what to expect. Do you think this movie might be a little much for 9/10 year olds?

Thanks in advance! :teeth:

Congratulations on the baby!

Anyway, I'll be taking my 10 yo (just turned 10) when it comes out. I think if your DD was able to read the book, she should be able to handle the movie. It's just a tad bit darker than the other movies and a bit sadder (which, I'm sure you know why), but there were plenty of younger kids than that in the audience.

ladycollector said:
I won tickets to a private screening; I'm excited too! Thanks for the review!

How did you win your tickets?

One of our local news stations has a morning show and they announced it, so I entered online for a drawing and got the two tickets. :banana:

Marseeya said:
Congratulations on the baby!

Anyway, I'll be taking my 10 yo (just turned 10) when it comes out. I think if your DD was able to read the book, she should be able to handle the movie. It's just a tad bit darker than the other movies and a bit sadder (which, I'm sure you know why), but there were plenty of younger kids than that in the audience.

Thanks! She is so excited to see the movie. She does keep saying "Mom, I know what happens b/c I read the book. None of it will be a surprise to me." I appreciate your feedback on it and glad to hear that you liked the movie! :teeth:

The movie could have easily been an hour longer....
Will be going again next weekend to take my oldest dd... :banana:
Great movie..

Marseeya said:
How did you win your tickets?

One of our local news stations has a morning show and they announced it, so I entered online for a drawing and got the two tickets. :banana:

We were in the car and the radio station said tickets for caller #5 and we won 'em! They purchased a private theater for the showing so it should be fun! :cool1:

ladycollector said:
We were in the car and the radio station said tickets for caller #5 and we won 'em! They purchased a private theater for the showing so it should be fun! :cool1:

That's so cool!

When we went, there was a whole section in the "deluxe" seating for the press, then the rest of the theater was reserved for all the rest of us. They'd said they overbooked the theater, but there were quite a few open seats, which really surprised me. Who wouldn't want to go to an early viewing??? :earseek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter