• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~*Harry Potter Roleplay!*~

Niamh spent the entire train ride alone, but she didn't really expect much. She stepped off the train and followed the other students who seemed to be following a large man with a lantern. He was calling for the first years so naturally, Niamh went with the group that was walking behind him. She was excited for the sorting ceremony. Both of her parents were Gryffindors so she wondered if that's where she was destined to go.

i am Henrietta Sweeting *Wizard Parents*

I heard the whistle blow and the train stopped. I heard the kids running up and down searching for there trunks and things. I was alone. The very last compartment. It was quite quiet back here. I got up and started to make my way through the other people. I tried my best to get through and out saftly but it didnt help much when 4th and 5th years were pushing you and yelling stupid 1st year. i made it off but not really in one peice. My robe had been ripped by some bully guy on the train earlier. I looked around worried not knowing where to go. I hears some one yelling "firs' years. firs' years fallow me! this way." I looked to my right and saw this huge oldly tall man with a lantern waving to follow him. I then grabbed my trunk and headed that way...

They all hurried along the damp, dark deserted platform, following this large man. He introduced himself as Hagrid, the gameskeeper at Hogwarts. He led them to a river full of boats, where there was four to a boat. Libby got in one alone, and waited to see who would be in the boat with her.

Niamh followed the man, apparently called Hagrid, to boats that she guessed would lead the first years to Hogwarts. She saw a girl sitting alone in one of the boats and figured that this would be a good opportunity to meet someone. She climbed in the boat and looked at the girl. She stretched out her hand saying, "Hi there, I'm Niamh, who are you?"

Libby noticed the girl climbing into the boat. she knew if she was ever going to make friends, now would be the best time, so she had someone to hang around with during the sorting ceremony and feast. she took the girls outstretched hand and shook it. "Hi Niamh! My name is Libby, i'm really excited to be at Hogwarts!"

The girl introduced herself as Libby and Niamh was glad she was friendly. "Nice to meet you," Niamh said before continuing, "I am really excited to be here too, I can't wait for the sorting ceremony."

George got into the nearest boat and said hello to the girls already in it. They then pushed off into the water and started to row towards the giant castle.

Serene got off the train and followed the large man to some boats. She got in one and it suddenly took off on it's own towards the giant castle.

George, Niamh and Libby talked all the way up to the castle. They docked right outside the school, and followed the enourmous man off the boats. The three newly aquainted (? xD) friends stuck together on their way up to the castle, and soon they were at the grand gates, leading to Hogwarts.

The three walked into the castle, up several flights of stairs. Before reaching the Great Hall, all the first years were told to wait outside because of preparations for the sorting ceremony. Niamh was at the front of the group and she took the time to look at the group of first years, seeing everyone in her class, wondering who would be in the same house as her and with who else she would become friends. She turned to Libby and George and said, "I wonder if we'll all be in the same house."

Libby replied to Niamh. "What house do you want to be in? when my father was at Howarts, he was in Gryffindor, and i know how pleased they will be with me if i get in, but they will also be happy if i am in Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw, but they dont want me to go into Slytherin... Do you have any brothers or sisters? I have (ok i now im changing my mind on this) one older brother here, he avoided me the whole way here, he is in Gryffindor, and he is called Evan and my younger brother is called George too, but he doesnt start first year until next year."

"Both of my parents were in Gryffindor," Niamh replied. "I think they'd be okay if I was in any house though."

A professor called them in, and they advanced forwards into the Great Hall. They all looked up at the ceiling, discovering that it was charmed to look like the sky outside. they gathered all together at the front of the hall, where infront of the teachers table, there was a stool with a hat on it. First of all, the hat sang a song, and the professer called them out one by one. After a few people, the professor called out 'Sweeting, Libby'. She slowly walked forwards and up the 2 steps, and nervously perched on the stool. the professor put the hat on her head.
"AHA! Second Sweeting are we? I remember sorting you father and brother... only girl in your family at Hogwarts? hmm. Well, if you want to follow in the family footsteps..."
Libby gripped the stool and squeezed her eyes shut.
"Then its best be Gryffindor for you girl!"
Libby opened her eyes and smiled broadly at her new house table in relief.

Perpetua walked into the Great Hall with all the other first years. She patiently waited her turn to go up and be told what house she would be in. Her mother had been in Ravenclaw and so had her uncle. She was hoping for either Ravenclaw or Gryffindor. One by one the first years went up...

Perpetua walked up, she sat down and the hat was placed on her head.
"Hmm... let's see your mother was in Ravenclaw... and so was your uncle... but you're not like your mother nor your uncle. Gryffindor it is for you!"

Libby clapped, as she saw a friendly looking girl get sorted into Gryffindor.

Niamh watched as the two were sorted into Gryffindor, which is where she wanted to be placed. She smiled as she saw them sit happily at the table. "Rooney, Niamh" called the professor. She walked up and sat on the stool as the hat was placed on her head.
"Hm, this is difficult," said the sorting hat as Niamh was almost shaking on the chair. "You have great courage and adventure, but a good mind as well. Better be.... Gryffindor!" the hat shouted as Niamh breathed a sigh of relief. She got up and sat at the Gryffindor table, beaming.

George's name was called out, and he walked up to the Sorting Hat. George was nervous, hoping it would be over quickly. The Sorting Hat simply yelled "Ravenclaw!", and he quickly got up and walked over to the loudest table, taking a seat between another First year, and a Third year.

OOC: Aren't I simple. I can't be bothered to have the Sorting Hat converse with me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter