Harry Potter's 3rd movie

They have at least done some casting, I heard that Gary Oldman will be playing Sirius Black.

I heard they start filming very soon.

Gary Oldman played Dracula in Bram Stoker's Dracula. He's been in lots of other movies as well.

When the cast was on Oprah a while ago they said that they will begin filming in early March.

It seemed to me that the Harry and Ron both changed quite a bit physically in the second movie. I imagine the changes will be very apparent again in the third. You would think since they are dealing with young, growing actors that are now going through puberty they would try to shot these films alittle faster. All of the Lord of the Rings movies were shot in 18 months and the rest of the time has been spent in editing. By the time they get into the fourth book these kids will be close to adulthood.

The Cast for Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban:

Cast:
Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter),
Sean Biggerstaff (Oliver),
David Bradley (Argus Filch),
John Cleese (Nick the Nearly Headless Ghost),
Robbie Coltrane (Hagrid),
Alfie Enoch,
Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy),
Pam Ferris (Aunt Marge),
Michael Gambon (in talks) (Professor Albus Dumbledore),
Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley),
Richard Griffiths (Uncle Dursley),
Joshua Herdman (Gregory Goyle),
John Hurt (Mr Ollivander),
Matt Lewis (Neville Longbottom),
Rik Mayall (Peeves the Poltergeist),
Devon Murray (Seamus),
Katharine Nicholson (Pansy Parkinson),
Gary Oldman (Sirius Black),
Chris Rankin (Percy Weasley),
Alan Rickman (Snape),
Fiona Shaw (Aunt Petunia),
Maggie Smith (Prof. Minerva McGonagall),
Timothy Spall (Peter Pettigrew),
Zoe Wannamaker (Madame Hooch),
Julie Walters (Mrs. Weasley),
Emma Watson (Hermione Granger),
Jamie Waylett (Vincent Crabbe)

Somewhere I heard rumor, and this is only rumor. That they were only planning on filming 3 movies. I hope this isn't true. But they should speed up production. Any ideas when the next movie might be out????

Originally posted by WebmasterMichelle
They have at least done some casting, I heard that Gary Oldman will be playing Sirius Black.

For a second, I thought you said Gary Coleman. LOL

What you talkin bout Willis?

Buz

upcomingmovies.com has listed that Gary Oldman agreed to play Sirius Black in 3 and 4. Let's hope so. He is exactly how I had that character pictured when I read them!

Lanshark, when they were all on Oprah, Daniel Radcliffe (Harry) said they were only contracted for the third movie. They may be too old for the 4th and 5th (if they even decide to make them).

Also, the reason why they waited so long to film the third movie was because Daniel Radcliffe was accepted to some prestigious school (forgot which one!) and that it was in his contract that he could have the time off to go for at least one semester. His parents wanted him to experience that while he had the chance.

LOL, Buz!!! :teeth:

Gary Oldman (not COLEMAN!) ;) is exactly how I pictured Sirius Black too. The producers have done an amazing job of casting these movies so for, everyone fits the role to a "t".

I can't picture Gary Oldman. Anyone have a web site or something?

I love these books. So far I have only seen the first movie. I want to see the second one soon.

I sure would have loved to see that Oprah. Any idea if it will be re-run?

Jeafl

Thanks for the info. Sounds like both he and his parents have their priorities straight.

The 3rd movie isn't scheduled to come out until 2004, right? I also have heard that they are unsure who will play the kids in movies 4 through 7.

I saw a rumor that Ian McKellen (Gandalf in the LOTR) may play Dumbledore in the next movie. Has anyone else heard this rumor?

Thanks for the pictures T.C.!!! Gary Oldman wasn't what I pictured... I'm sure I've seen him in stuff before, but I just can't place him. Oh well, now at least I know what he looks like! :)

I would rather not have them continue past the 3rd book, if they have to re-cast the kids. I think those kids are fantastic, and have become the characters. That is just my opinion. The movie, I believe, is scheduled to come out in spring or summer of 2004. How will we wait so long???????

Erika

I saw a rumor that Ian McKellen (Gandalf in the LOTR) may play Dumbledore in the next movie. Has anyone else heard this rumor?

Interesting. The rumor I heard had Peter O'Toole as Dumbledore. I guess we will find out soon since filming is supposed to start soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter