Has anyone been able to book a suite w/the new code?

Y

YankeeFan51

The CM I spoke to said suites in the deluxe resorts are not available with code discounts, but I'm not confident this is accurate. Has anyone been able to book a code rate for a suite at any deluxe hotel? If so, what was your rate?

Unforunately, what the CM told you is correct. WDW doesn't discount their suites.

Don't know about suites in the resorts, but I did book BCV studio with discount...

You will find occasional discounts on Disney Vacation Club villas. These are not hotel suites, that's why. :)

What discount did you book your BCV with? A recent one? I have the DC discount already but didn't even try with the new codes because the BCV weren't listed. Should I have tried? I was hoping maybe I could get something better with an AP rate on Sunday.

I called and was quoted a price of $299 plus tax for a BCV 1 Bedroom for 12/21-12/30 with the new DC room only code. Rack rate is $560 plus tax.

My rate was $332 with tax for the 1 bedroom. This was with the new DC room only code that came out earlier this week. I am also going to call on Sunday and see if what it will be with the AP.

I thought I had "beat the system" earlier this week in my attempts to get a discount on a Jr. Suite at CR. I got the new code and called CRO. As expected, they told me no discount. I was later searching Expedia and Travelocity since they often have the discounted rates at their sites. Much to my surprise, I found a Jr. Suite at CR with a "promo rate" of $199 on Travelocity. After doing a little happy dance, I tried to book it. It wouldn't go through and wouldn't give me a confirmation number. So I called Travelocity and was told that they couldn't connect to Disney's system and I should call back in an hour. So, an hour passed and it still wouldn't go through. So, I called again and the girl was able to put the reservation in, but said it would take Disney 24 hours to send the confirmation number and I should call back the next day. So, when I called back, I was told that Disney no longer had the availability and I should pick another hotel. Travelocity was still showing the $199 rate on their web-page. I told them it was ridiculous to be advertising a rate they couldn't give- but they really didn't care what I had to say. So, I moved ont . . . Expedia only had the $290 rack rate. So, I called them to see if they would match the rate Travelocity showed. They said Yes and told me all I had to do was book it at the rack rate and then call back and they'd load the discount. I was a little skeptical, but decided to go with it. So, I booked it at $290 and called right back. They were able to confirm that I had been told they'd match the price, but after looking closer, they said they couldn't match the price because Disney isn't one of their preferred hotel chains. I talked to a manager and no luck. I then sent them an e-mail complaint and only got a form letter response. The whole thing was a total waste of time. I ended up renting points for a 2 bdrm at OKW, so I'm happy now. Thought you might enjoy the story . . . and its moral . . . "no suite discounts- no way, no how!!"

It's been my experience that both Expedia and Travelocity show rates that are "not available". I think they load rates that maybe were available at one time just once (i'm giving them the benefit of the doubt here) which kind of makes you think that they can get great rates. When you actually try and book there is no room available at that rate.

I always take it with a grain of salt when someone on this board says they saw a great rate on Expedia or you can do better than a DC or AP rate on Travelocity. Unless they actually booked the rate, I wouldn' t assume the rate to be real.

I know what you mean. For New Year's, Expedia has the Contemporary Tower Club advertised at $224/night. I tried many times to book it, it wouldn't let me finish the reservation. Called Expedia, they said "try back in an hour". When I tried back, the rate was gone. I ended up paying A LOT more for that room (over double).

This is very useful information, as I keep seeing rates on both Travelocity and Expedia that are not available when you call CRO. They also show availability at times that CRO syas the resort is booked. Most recently, I have been trying to book a one bedroom at BCV for early Dec. and there's no availability (not even at rack rate) but it does show up on Expedia (for $385, i believe). Now, I've always booked through CRO so I'm hesitant to use anyone else, especially if in the end, we'll just be disappointed that it really wasn't availbale after all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter