Has anyone been to or watched a Savannah Bananas show?

kdonnel

DVC-BCV
My family and I got back from a great afternoon of Banana Ball.

The Savannah Bananas and The Party Animals put on a great show. I like how they referred to it as a show and introduced the cast.

The Banana Ball rules made the baseball part so much more entertaining. Some of the ones I found that made the game portion more entertaining:

A foul ball caught by a fan is an out. It happened during the show I attended and a couple innings later the fan was brought out on the field to receive congratulations and praise from all the fans.

There are no walks, instead there are sprints. As soon as the umpire calls ball four the player starts running. The ball has to be touched by all 9 players before the play ends so often times a sprint results in a player on 2nd.

Score is not based on total runs but instead innings are won or lost. As soon as the second team to bat in the inning scores one more run than the other team during their at bat the inning ends and a point is awarded. If the game makes it to the 9th inning then it is unique in that any run scored is awarded a point.

There is a strict 2 hour time limit. No new inning can start after 1hr 50mins and any inning started before the 2 hour clock runs out is played to completion. That means games have a predictable length.

I think there are 11 or 12 rules that differentiate banana ball from mlb baseball rules.

They are on there 2024 World Tour at the moment and might be playing at a city close by to you in the future. If you can get tickets I think you will find it highly entertaining.

We put our names on the waitlist year to get tickets when they were in Miane. My DH made it to the lottery round, but we didn't get tickets. We tried watching parts of a couple of games last year, but it looks like it's more fun to be there than watching it on tv.

We did not win the lottery but some friends who did were not able to attend so we bought the tickets from them.

We put our names on the waitlist year to get tickets when they were in Miane. My DH made it to the lottery round, but we didn't get tickets. We tried watching parts of a couple of games last year, but it looks like it's more fun to be there than watching it on tv.
My wife signed up for the lottery too and we did not win a chance to buy tickets.

They’re coming here in July for the first time. So I have a few more months to wait before I find out if I will get a chance in the ticket lottery.

We went last year and I was... underwhelmed. I'd seen some of their games on ESPN+ and it looked like a hoot, but in person it just wasn't as good. We got lucky and got free tickets through a work event. I mean, it was entertaining, but nothing I'd do again.

Maybe they were having an off night or something, but the jokes and antics just weren't that great and the tiktok dance stuff just got repetitive. The game was good and I like how they speed up regular baseball, but I'd say that they may perform better when they know they're being broadcast than when they're just playing a regular game.

We went a couple of weeks ago and were also underwhelmed. The dancing got old after a couple of innings and they started replaying the music about halfway through. It felt like they oversold tickets so it was hard to find a seat. That put a damper on the whole thing right off the bat. I heard some people say that they never found a seat and had to stand the whole game. I also heard that people started lining up to get in hours before the gate opened.

That said they were out before and after the game signing autographs and taking pictures which was fun for the kids.

So there are supposed to be 5 games in Buffalo in July. The emails said we won’t know if we’re in the lottery to even have a chance to buy tickets til 2 months before, so probably early May. Apparently groups get tickets before any one else. I heard from 2 family members today that people they know of have already bought & have group tickets in hand. And that there are several already up on resale sites ….. $35 tickets listed for $350. So the public won’t even know if they can get a chance to buy tickets for another 5-6 weeks & they’re already being scalped. :sad2: Already leaving a bad impression.

I had my name on the waitlist last year but wasn't able to move off of that. This year I'm actually in the lottery for a couple of places over the summer. ESPN shows crazy sports for a week once a year, that's how I was able to watch a game. It looks to be a lot of fun. Fingers crossed we get tickets but I did receive an email saying the my request of 6 tickets might be hard to get. We'll see.

So there are supposed to be 5 games in Buffalo in July. The emails said we won’t know if we’re in the lottery to even have a chance to buy tickets til 2 months before, so probably early May. Apparently groups get tickets before any one else. I heard from 2 family members today that people they know of have already bought & have group tickets in hand. And that there are several already up on resale sites ….. $35 tickets listed for $350. So the public won’t even know if they can get a chance to buy tickets for another 5-6 weeks & they’re already being scalped. :sad2: Already leaving a bad impression.
Ticketmaster and stubhub had zero resales for the shows by me. But it did appear that business sponsors got large blocks of tickets. The person I bought from got 100 tickets for their company. They sold 10 of them at face value.

Ticketmaster and stubhub had zero resales for the shows by me. But it did appear that business sponsors got large blocks of tickets. The person I bought from got 100 tickets for their company. They sold 10 of them at face value.

This is 1 that she saw. $35 General Admission, listed for $359 each. I think most people that get lucky enough to get tickets will want to go themselves. I doubt there will be many for resale here either, so any that do will probably be crazy expensive.

IMG_6311.png

I thought the tickets couldn't be resold. I got an early set of four in presale as a Red Sox season ticket holder - my instagram posts gave a lot of people anxiety that they weren't picked for the lottery. my family will go so hopefully all my friends will get lottery and can get tickets.

I thought the tickets couldn't be resold. I got an early set of four in presale as a Red Sox season ticket holder - my instagram posts gave a lot of people anxiety that they weren't picked for the lottery. my family will go so hopefully all my friends will get lottery and can get tickets.
They can not be listed on Ticketmaster or stubhub but apparently other smaller ticket broker sites allow it.

The tickets can be transferred from one person to another as was done when I bought the tickets from a friend.

Ive never been to a live game but Ive watched them on YouTube. I don't get the appeal to be honest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter