Has anyone cancelled an ADR after seeing the spacing/distancing in a restaurant?

kniquy

DIS Veteran
Just curious if anyone has cancelled their reservation after actually entering the restaurant and seen how social distancing is being handled. My DH is a bit nervous about our upcoming trip and isn't keen on dining indoors. We are going thanksgiving week so my thought is that ADR's will give us a break from the crowds and we won't have to battle the QS locations.

We have a number of ADR's booked and are hopefully the environments will feel safe. So I am wondering how it has been handled if you really don't feel comfortable sitting in the restaurant. Will they let you cancel? or will they let you order to go?

I’ve read it here a few times. Raglan road and the boathouse are what I see most frequently w guests opting to leave instead of stay. I’ve seen zero reports of being charged a no show fee

We just got back from an 8-day stay and ate in a TS each day. ALL the Disney-operated venues we tried had good separation between tables; the only thing that made us marginally uncomfortable was when we were along an aisle and lots of other guests walked past us to get to their tables (but of course they were wearing masks). You might be able to get around this by asking for a table in the back or along a wall. We did have an issue in a QS when a large group took an open table as well as the "unavailable" one alongside and were a little too close for our liking.

Have a feeling this is about to become more of an issue with all the dining availability they just released this morning.

we were there in August and all the disney owned restaurants were very very well spaced and cautious, the n0n-disney owned are not as distanced at Via napoli they actually sat a party directly next to us with little more than 2 feet between me and the lady sitting directly behind me. I said something and they moved us but then it was terrible because they proceeded to clean the table we were at and sit an elderly couple (as n possibly their 70's) at the table they moved us from. I stopped by disney guest relations after and let them know. They said they were definitely making a report and referring the situation. I had taken pictures but they didn't want them. Then at Morimoto Asia we ended up having a similar experience where there may have been almost 3 feet between us and the next table with a group of people at it, unfortunately we didn't ask to be moved that time , we were a bit wore down because it was pouring buckets of rain outside and we were soaked and wanted nothing more than to sit and relax .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter