Has anyone done 3 scooters in a value resort? How did you do it?

Bete

DIS Veteran
Specifically, we will be staying at the All Star Sports resort. Is this even possible? I have no intentions of leaving a scooter outside the room.

I know I can get the table and chairs removed to help on space.

How do you charge 3 scooters in the room all at once at night while sleeping? Do you need to take the battery off and go to a different outlet for each one to charge?

Not even a HA room can hold three scooters. you can reasonably assume that ONE per room( HA or otherwise) is the only logistically possible option.

I think it would be very tight if you can do it at all and then you will have just your numeral stuff too. I can see one being maybe in the closet area ( if you can remove the batters you can charge this one where you plug in the star dryer) one bing where the table and chair go ( I think there is a plug there) and one being by the windo ( I think there is a plug there) but that will be tight and then you have all your stiff you d have a dresser draws and you can hang thing in the closet there is one bed that is about a foot or 2 from the wall where you can put your luggage ( and I know there is a plug there as this is where I plug my phone too) there and if there is someone sleeping on that side of the bed they will have to get out of by at the foot of the bed.

but it would be very tight I would not bring anything you do not need and try to have suit cases that gose into each other to save more room

Might need to bring a heavy duty extension cord. the place whre you park one of the ECV might not be near a plug.

Not even a HA room can hold three scooters. you can reasonably assume that ONE per room( HA or otherwise) is the only logistically possible option.

If the table and chairs are removed two ECV fit quite well into a room at Pop Century, my sister does it twice a year. And if you're using a smaller scooter, such as a GoGo, you could probably fit three although getting out in an emergency may be difficult.

Yep the size of the scooter will matter the smaller they are the better chance you have to have then all some what fit

If the table and chairs are removed two ECV fit quite well into a room at Pop Century, my sister does it twice a year. And if you're using a smaller scooter, such as a GoGo, you could probably fit three although getting out in an emergency may be difficult.

I highly doubt fire regs would permit a third scooter for exactly that reason.

@Bete, I worry that you can't do it *safely*, like others above have mentioned. Even with the table and chairs removed, it seems like the remaining open space in the room might start to look like a parking lot!

If for some reason you all needed to evacuate the room quickly, it might be a problem, unless you can "Tetris" those guys in there somehow! LOL

As far as charging goes, I would imagine you might need to remove at least one battery to carry it to an outlet to be charged; it all would depend on how the parking worked out.

I can certainly see two fitting with the table and chairs removed, and we have someone here with direct experience at Pop, so we know it can work for 2.

Question: will there be another group of people with you (in another separate room) that could potentially house & charge the 3rd ECV every night?

1) Keep them outside the room.
2) I don't see how you could keep three inside.
3) It would be terribly cramping, plus very dangerous as a trip hazard.

1) Keep them outside the room.
2) I don't see how you could keep three inside.
3) It would be terribly cramping, plus very dangerous as a trip hazard.

yeah but aren't all Values outside corridors? I'd worry about heavy rain/wind let alone random attempts to 'borrow' any ECV left unattended.

yeah but aren't all Values outside corridors? I'd worry about heavy rain/wind let alone random attempts to 'borrow' any ECV left unattended.

Also, the same key will work in almost all scooters of the same brand. My wife has a go-go by pride and my sister lost the key to her victory, also by Pride, so I used my wife's key to move her scooter.

I highly doubt fire regs would permit a third scooter for exactly that reason.
Well... fire regulations typically dictate common/public areas and placement of permanent fixtures or furnishings. Since a standard guest room is not likely to ever be inspected while the guest is occupying it, I'm not sure fire regulations can adequately dictate what a person knowingly puts into the path of their own egress. I could stack my suitcases inside my room by the door, blocking or impeding my exit, but fire regulations aren't going to be able to do anything about that. If I stack my suitcases (or park an ECV) outside my room blocking either the neighbor's door or movement through the hallway, that can be monitored and enforced with penalties or fines for the resort if found to be knowingly allowing such violation.

How do you charge 3 scooters in the room all at once at night while sleeping?

It would definitely be a tight fit for 3. It may be possible depending on the model/size of the ECVs and assuming you have the table and chairs removed from the room. Will any be a portable model that can be broken down, and parts put in various locations in the room? If all 3 don't fit, I suggest speaking with a manager at the front desk or Luggage Services to inquire about leaving one there and bringing the battery to your room for charging. Hopefully there will be a member of your party able to get back-and-forth for the exchange if the ECV user can't walk that far.

Enjoy your vacation!

Logistically, it looks like we will just have to see if it could work once we get there. I think I will call the resort and see if one can be held at bell services each night. We can always charge an extra battery only in the room.

I like the idea of taking the scooter apart and perhaps we can get a third scooter to fit in that way. Heck, we could even take apart two scooters if it would help.

Everyone has helped with different ideas.

I would request a room close to Luggage Assistance. That is what the area is called at a value resort. Value resorts offer luggage assistance as they do not have an official bell services. When dealing with Disney it is important to use te right terminology so you get what you need.
By being close to Luggage Assistance the 3rd person won't have as far to walk. It is going to literally be impossible to fit 3 in the room and have any room to move. As others have suggested, Request that the table and chairs be removed. That will allow for placement of 2 units in the room. Park the 3rd one at Luggage Assistance. Other guests generally don't mess with ECVs parked at Luggage Assistance because of the CMs generally being in the area and there are cameras.

OP, Being a veteran of WDW, you did think about the fact that with 3 ECVS, you will almost always have to split your party up and take 2 buses. I have stayed at All Stars and we never got a bus that could accommodate 3 ECVs. I would imagine if you did get a bus that accommodated 3 ECVs, it would be the rare exception.
Good Luck. At least you are tackling your concerns ahead of time.

OP, Being a veteran of WDW, you did think about the fact that with 3 ECVS, you will almost always have to split your party up and take 2 buses. I have stayed at All Stars and we never got a bus that could accommodate 3 ECVs. I would imagine if you did get a bus that accommodated 3 ECVs, it would be the rare exception.
Good Luck. At least you are tackling your concerns ahead of time.

This is a really good point. I've never seen Disney buses that hold more than 2 ECVs, though I;ve been told they may exist. All the ones we've ever been on only hold 2.

SW

One person is more experienced with Disney; so, they will take the second bus.
We can meet where they leave us off at each park. I agree three scooters won't work on the same bus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter