• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone done "Behind the Seeds" tour at EPCOT?

Alice777

DIS Veteran
Much to our surprise, my son and I enjoyed Living with the Land last time we were there. In fact, it was one of our favorite ride at EPCOT.

I was thinking of doing "Behind the Seeds" tour when we go in November.

Has anyone done this tour? Is it worth the money (I think it's $20?)?

How does this tour work?

Thank you

We did the Behind the Seeds tour with DD 10 and DS 7, and it was a lot of fun. It was about an hour long, and they showed us lots of interesting things. DD is on a science kick, so she certainly liked it more than DS. But, they let him feed the fish and kept us all fairly entertained. The most exciting part was just being back stage at Disney. Our kids love Living With the Land, so being able to go backstage there is a memory they have enjoyed, and we all feel extra special now on the boat ride.

Those who does the tour, do they let you get on the boat ride afterward like you have FP+ or do we have to either get in line for the ride or have FP+ for another time?

And is it on-going tour, meaning we don't have to make reservation?

Thank you.

A great tour. We enjoyed it very much....except for the 3-4 year old that kept going where he wasn't supposed to and was distracting to the guide as well as the group.

We did a walk up reservation for one of the tours this past April. They offer several time slots per day...it seemed like there was plenty of availability even during busy Spring Break. Just walked up and booked right near the entry of the Soarin' queue. I believe I got a discount with my Disney Visa too. We enjoyed it and felt like it was worth the money!

Thank you for this thread! Now I want to do the tour. Loved Living with the Land and love gardening. Where did you go to make a walk up reservation, Agent Wendy Pleakley?

We did it last year.
It's basically a more detailed version of the boat ride.

Our tour guide was a college intern. I assumed (incorrectly) that he was majoring in a related science field, so I had asked him some follow up questions at the beginning of the tour that he couldn't really answer. Aside from that, it was interesting and our 6 year olds really enjoyed it as well. The Land is one of their favorite rides at Disney, believe it or not.

We did this for the first time a couple of weeks ago. We did Soarin' at rope drop, then walked to the counter and the first tour was already booked but we were able to get on the next one (I didn't want to book in advance in case we couldn't fit it in). There were more people in our group than I thought there would be (20 of us), but we enjoyed it. We had a very enthusiastic tour guide which I think helped.

We (2 adults) did it in January & really enjoyed it. There was another couple who had children...I don't know if the kids were super enthralled with all of it, but they seemed to like it.

I had tried calling ahead for reservations, but it was booked. Walked up on a whim & they had openings. I can't recall which, but I got a discount for either having an AP or using my Disney Visa to pay? I think our tour was like 1.5 hours. It was so cool to be "inside" the ride. We had a great CM guide who was super into it & super informative & answered any kind of questions. Got lots of pictures & really enjoyed it! We did feed the fish & it did not include riding the ride (for those who asked).

Much to our surprise, my son and I enjoyed Living with the Land last time we were there. In fact, it was one of our favorite ride at EPCOT.

I was thinking of doing "Behind the Seeds" tour when we go in November.

Has anyone done this tour? Is it worth the money (I think it's $20?)?

How does this tour work?

Thank you

Yes, my then 9 year-old son and I did the tour and liked it. I recommend it since you're interested.

DD and I did it 2 years ago, she loved it but she is also a self proclaimed nerd. We both thought it was very interesting and fun. You didn't get a FP for the ride afterward. If you have a Disney Visa there is a discount available.

We did the tour last October. We liked it very much. We went to the counter to the left of the Soarin' entrance on our first Epcot visit and made a reservation for two days later. Our guide was an entomology (sp) student that worked with the controlled insects at greenhouse and very knowlegable about that subject.

We did it last month and thoroughly enjoyed it. Our guide was Sam and he was excellent. I really recommend him.

Loved that tour! I made reservations but they really weren't needed...only 6 of us and the tour which made it very "personal". Our guide was also a college student and she was GREAT:

WDWtrip09292.jpg
:tink:

We did it last year.
It's basically a more detailed version of the boat ride.

Our tour guide was a college intern. I assumed (incorrectly) that he was majoring in a related science field, so I had asked him some follow up questions at the beginning of the tour that he couldn't really answer. Aside from that, it was interesting and our 6 year olds really enjoyed it as well. The Land is one of their favorite rides at Disney, believe it or not.

When my DH and I took the tour our guide was in a related field. It was awesome! I know it is not always possible, but having a guide who was able to discuss the nuts and bolts was a plus.

My DD and DSIL are planning to take my 15 YO DGD this summer. It is the only thing she has requested, and as an AG student, I think she will take a lot away from the tour.

I took the tour about 2 yrs ago & thought it was great value for money. Loved it. Lots of kids on the tour as well so appealed to the whole family. I also made my reserv online b/f showing up but they were taking walk-ups at the time as well. No FP+ was provided for the ride afterwards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter