• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone done Early Morning Magic with a wheelchair?

Wendydagny

Mouseketeer
I am tempted to do this at DHS because my kids love TSMM. But my youngest is in a wheelchair. I would hate to spend $280 for the four of us to stand in a long wheelchair line while other people stream onto the ride. This has been our experience at BTMRR at rope drop for example-- regular line walking right on, but handicapped line waiting for a long time and getting almost no rope drop advantage.

I'm fine if it's not for us. Just curious if anyone in a wheelchair has had a positive experience.

CAN not talk about The extra magic morining But I have never had to to wait a long time in the handy cap line for BTMRR I hope someone comes on that has done this.

I am tempted to do this at DHS because my kids love TSMM. But my youngest is in a wheelchair. I would hate to spend $280 for the four of us to stand in a long wheelchair line while other people stream onto the ride. This has been our experience at BTMRR at rope drop for example-- regular line walking right on, but handicapped line waiting for a long time and getting almost no rope drop advantage.

I'm fine if it's not for us. Just curious if anyone in a wheelchair has had a positive experience.
I think the problem is there is no way to know if there will be a line or not...
I have gone to TSMM when there is absolutely no one in the HC queue and I have gone when it is so backed up they are asking for guests to return a little later if at all possible because it is just that backed up. There's no way to know how many people will be in that queue at any given time.
Now the one positive advantage is since they have opened the third track that is more accessible to many who previously had to use the HC queue, I would imagine that would help quite a bit.
Sorry, I could not answer your question better but I don't think anyone can give you an answer you are looking for.

Unfortunately, there is no way to tell if there will be a long wheelchair line. There have been times I have shown up at TSMM (CA) and gone right on after the mainstream queue, and times there have been multiple parties waiting in front of me. It is kinda luck of the draw.

Wish I had a better answer for you.

I considered and dismissed this idea, for exactly the reasons above. We have never been particularly lucky with TSMM and it would be the only ride we would be interested in. Last trip, I found the third track actually made things worse, I don't know how they were selecting guests ........

TSMM will ALWAYS have a long line of people needing the accessible cars and even if you can transfer( like I can on this ride) you will still have to wait your turn. I am pretty sure they do NOT skip over people who do not/cannot transfer in that HA lane to those of us who can. so if there are 6 people ahead of you, you are SOL if they all need/want the accessible vehicle.

TSMM will ALWAYS have a long line of people needing the accessible cars and even if you can transfer( like I can on this ride) you will still have to wait your turn. I am pretty sure they do NOT skip over people who do not/cannot transfer in that HA lane to those of us who can. so if there are 6 people ahead of you, you are SOL if they all need/want the accessible vehicle.
In my experience, it depends on who is working the attraction. We have had CMs fill the cars so they do ask guests to move to the side so they can fill the cars to capacity and run things as efficiently as possible. The problem is one never knows if the CMs working the attraction will choose to do this or send the cars off half empty...

We have had longer waits at TSMM the worst in my opinion though is the safari.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter