• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone done the DCP with IBS

I have seen someone on YouTube do the DCP with IBS I can try and find his channel latter. I know someone that did the program a few years a go and with her medical problem she had to be indoor ( I know not the same) Disney was very good about making sure she worked indoors all the time ( in AC) so I am sure if you get in they will accommodate your needs.

Has anyone done the Disney College Program with IBS, if so how did you survive lol ? What was your experience like.

Having IBS is - to an employer - like any other disability. So, you need to be honest from the start, and let them know (in a general sense) first that you have a permanent disability that will require accommodations.

Next, during the course of the interview(s) you will at some point have to disclose your particular disability, and potentially how it will affect your work ability and working conditions. Be ready to discuss - in an adult fashion - what types of accommodations you will need to be able to work, deal with your IBS and then get back to work. They don't want to hear colorful stories about your adventures with IBS; what they will need to know is things like "I will need to be able to leave immediately to go to the restroom, without warning. This can happen up to X many times per day."

Disney should be able to accommodate you just fine; as long as you meet *all* of their criteria, there is no reason that your IBS should prevent you from gaining employment. The reason it's important to be honest and upfront is so that there are no surprises for your employer - if they know what to expect up front, there should be less day-to-day hassle and drama surrounding your medical needs. Where people tend to get into trouble is when they try to hide or downplay their disability, and it almost always backfires on them.

Know that your limitation(s) may possibly affect where you are placed for your DCP role within WDW; don't be surprised if you wind up "off stage" as opposed to being a highly-visible CM in the middle of one of the Parks.

However - I think it is only fair to tell you that we are seeing reports here on the DIS (and in particular, a quote from a person at Disney who is in a position to know) that the DCP will not be resuming any time soon, and my guess is that there is no way of knowing if/when those applications will be processed again.

I have seen someone on YouTube do the DCP with IBS I can try and find his channel latter. I know someone that did the program a few years a go and with her medical problem she had to be indoor ( I know not the same) Disney was very good about making sure she worked indoors all the time ( in AC) so I am sure if you get in they will accommodate your needs.
Great thankyou It would definitely help to know the YouTube channel name, so I can have some understanding.

I am not 100% sure but I think this Youtuber was the one with IBS look back about 2 years when he was doing the DCP you might find the one where he talks about the DCP and IBS. I will try and look latter

I'm not sure if Disney works the same but I have IBS and my employer had my Dr fill out a ADA accommodation form which protects me from any repercussions from issues involving my IBS such as taking longer breaks, having to take a bunch of short intermittent breaks during a flare up when I'm going back and forth to a restroom, even offering me roles that better suite my needs so that I have a "back up" person and I'm never "alone" in case I'm having a bad day... in my position because my job is production based it does not hurt my production and levels my playing field so if I do have a bad day or for me when it flares up it's usually a 3 day thing. I would strongly suggest speaking with your Dr. And HR to see what they can offer.

I'm not sure if Disney works the same but I have IBS and my employer had my Dr fill out a ADA accommodation form which protects me from any repercussions from issues involving my IBS such as taking longer breaks, having to take a bunch of short intermittent breaks during a flare up when I'm going back and forth to a restroom, even offering me roles that better suite my needs so that I have a "back up" person and I'm never "alone" in case I'm having a bad day... in my position because my job is production based it does not hurt my production and levels my playing field so if I do have a bad day or for me when it flares up it's usually a 3 day thing. I would strongly suggest speaking with your Dr. And HR to see what they can offer.
Yes Disney will accommodate cast member with a disability that has dr note and go on what the dr note say they will make accommodation

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter